Community Forum

Xfinity ipad offer

Valued Contributor

Re: Xfinity ipad offer

@Richa147 wrote:
Offer still available?

Do you read any of the messages in a thread before posting?

The answer is NO. The offer ended on 8/31.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Is this iPad offer still available? I don't see it anywhere online. 

Valued Contributor

@ydtrak wrote:

Your question was asked and answered many times right here in this very thread. Try reading it.

Frequent Visitor

@gderf wrote:

@ydtrak wrote:

Your question was asked and answered many times right here in this very thread. Try reading it.

This is actually the first time I've asked it, but thanks for trying! Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Ended 8/31
New Poster

Just plug into iTunes and reset back to factory settings.  You should be able to do everything from the beginning from there.  Also what you are trying to activate as all you have to do is enter your Apple ID and hook it up to your wifi.

Regular Visitor

Xfinity ipad offer

Still waiting for the email with the offer after signing up for a plan with the iPad offer. No one at customer service knows how this off works
Can anyone help me?
Valued Contributor

@Me124 wrote:
Still waiting for the email with the offer after signing up for a plan with the iPad offer. No one at customer service knows how this off works
Can anyone help me?

If you didn't get your iPad order in before 12:00am UTC on 8/31 you are too late. That's when the offer expired.

Regular Visitor

I got the order in before that date. It’s been 6 weeks
Valued Contributor

@Me124 wrote:
I got the order in before that date. It’s been 6 weeks

Contact one of the Xfinity employees here via personal message. Ask for help, and provide your iPad order number, date of order, and any other pertinent details.

Regular Visitor

Xfinity staff,
Will you please help me with this?
Frequent Visitor

Hey ya'll, I just called Comcast and had to be transferred around to several different agents because no one knew what I was talking about with the iPad for $5/mo deal. But then I found someone who knew about it and they said the offer expired 8/31/18, so for anyone that isn't able to get it, that is probably why. 

New Poster

Hven't seen it. But I have a paid off Ipad Air 2 that was through verizon, but changing to xfinity mobile and need a si m for it to be added as a line.

Valued Contributor

@houstonheat wrote:

Hven't seen it. But I have a paid off Ipad Air 2 that was through verizon, but changing to xfinity mobile and need a si m for it to be added as a line.

Currently Xfinity Mobile does not offer data service for iPads, Apple watches, or any tablets, so they will not give SIMs for them.

New Poster

I get the same run around, only I called 3 separate times only to remain on hold after speaking with sales to be transferred to another department then get disconnected! 😡...
New Poster

What is the catch. Other then the 120, do you have to add an internet package to iPad or ectend/add to your contract where you can't cancel for x months?
Valued Contributor

@Arc9582 wrote:
What is the catch. Other then the 120, do you have to add an internet package to iPad or ectend/add to your contract where you can't cancel for x months?

There was no catch. Emphasis on was. This offer was valid only thru 8/30/18.

This thread should be closed. There is no point in discussing the offer further. Either you got your order in on time or you didn't.

Frequent Visitor

I just completed the offer today (10/1/2018) and got a confirmation message for success.  The fine print stated 12/31/2018 expiration.

Valued Contributor

Confirmed. New offer in place expires 12/31/18.

https://www.xfinity.com/ipad

New Poster

No it does not because the mobile is seperate from the "core services" like tv, landline, internet, and home security. The ipad is added to your mobile plan.
New Poster

Yes you do need the preferred triple play in ordee to qualify.
New Poster

Yes
New Poster

Dude the deal is over has been
The beginning of sept
Valued Contributor

@Dublin29 wrote:
Dude the deal is over has been
The beginning of sept

Wrong. The original offer ended on 8/30/18 but it has been renewed and is valid until 12/31/18.

Frequent Visitor

Same here.  No luck with customer loyalty or online support chat.  

I am going to report this offer as false advertising.  

Frequent Visitor

Nope.  I have been trying for over a week to apply for this offer.  Called too and was told the offer is over.  My email offer distincly states good througn 12/31/18.

How many more times must I try.  I find Customer Service very difficult to understand and they make things 10 times more difficult and takes a minimum of 45 minutes of my time each time I call. 

Also, not helpful when you are disabled and they tell you to go pick up items at their store front where there is no available parking.  

I may be going elsewhere soon...

Frequent Visitor

I put in a complaint with the FTC.

Valued Contributor

Are you saying that when you go to https://www.xfinity.com/ipad you don't see the offer page, or are you being denied because you do not have enough qualifying services?

Frequent Visitor

I have all qualifiying services.  This is WHY I assume they sent the offer via email.  I Select the link and it states there is a problem or something.  Gives a phone number.  People on the phone give you the run around.  That is why I called both regular customer service AND customer loyalty.  All telling me different stories.

We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order.

Please call us at 1-877-680-7173 and we can help.

Valued Contributor

Are you sure you have enough qualifying services? Those that do not get sent to the page with the phone number to call.

The most common source of difficulty is being seen by those who have a Tripple Play package and think that this is enough to qualify. It isn't.

Your TV portion of the Tripple Play package must be Xfinity TV Preferred or higher.

Also, many are thinking that Xfinity Mobile service qualifies as a substitue for Xfinity Voice. It doesn't.

So, exactly which Xfinity services do you have?

New Poster

Well maybe your lucky not to have been able to purchase. I’m starting to regret it. Purchased mine aug 25 & haven’t heard a thing since. No messages or updates. Very unprofessional especially since their still offering the deal. I hate it, but it looks like I’m going to have to join the others & start making calls.
New Poster

received the offer 9/24/18.  clicked on the link, no joy, referred to a phone number.  bounced around by others, eventually to consumer loyalty division who said that I had an "open order" and wouldn't explain that but that they would ship the ipad in 3-5 day.  come 10/4, nothing, no email confirmation.  I call again, bounced around, eventually told there was no order on file and they could not make the order for me.  didn't seem to know about the deal.  talked to supervisor who knew about the deal but insisted I was too qualified as I had "quad play" and it was only for "triple play" customers.  no amount of pointing to the wording in the offer that said "at least 3 of the following" changed his mind.  he told me to go to local store and see if they would honor the offer.  did so next day, and they said I did qualify, but it was an online offer and there was nothing they could do.  when I said that was unacceptable, the store manager opened up a "ticket" for me online supporting my point of view and saying I should hear from someone shortly.  I decided to go back to my "triple play" subscription which she did at the store.  I have heard nothing re the "ticket".  out of curiousity, I clicked on the offer again today, and it went through and I received a confirmation screen!  Unfortunately, I have not received a confirmation email as specified in the confirmation screen, so I am skeptical of this whole thing.  I'll give it a few more days and then tell my whole, sad story to the FTC

Frequent Visitor

To followup on my post from 10/1....

Today 10/8, I received a FedEx tracking confirmation (because I have a FedEx account that sends me notification anytime a package is being delivered to my address).  So, in other words, I did NOT receive a shipping/tracking update from Xfinity, but did from FedEx.  They used 2day shipping, and so it should arrive from Fort Worth, Texas on 10/10 by 8pm.  It is noted as requiring signature for delivery.

Also, after completing the order on 10/1, the order summary was added under the 'Recent Activity' section of the 'My Account' page on the Xfinity website to show that it is adding $120 (billed $5 monthly for 24 months) to my regular monthly bill.  It also notes I can pay it off at anytime.

Also, to confirm, I was/am an existing customer with X1 Premier Triple play (TV, Internet, Landline Phone) 

The fine print for anyone who was wondering:

"iPad offer ends 12/31/2018. Restrictions apply. Not available in all areas. Limited to residential customers with at least three qualifying Xfinity services: Xfinity Internet, Xfinity TV Preferred or higher, and Xfinity Home or Xfinity Voice. Limited to one iPad Wi-Fi 128GB - Space Gray device per account. Not available to customers in bulk communities where Xfinity service is provided as an amenity. Taxes extra. If all Xfinity services are cancelled during the 24-month period, the remaining balance becomes immediately due and will appear on your Xfinity bill. New purchases only while supplies last. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid with prior purchases, returns or exchanges. Must purchase iPad at www.xfinity.com/ipad. Subject to terms and conditions of Retail Installment Contract available athttps://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/RetailInstallment. Employees of Comcast, their immediate family members, and members of their same household not eligible for offer. "

New Poster

I was able to order mine today, so it's not false advertising.
Regular Visitor

try calling this number....It's a number to the Ipad customer service...1-866-299-7677..or 1-844-680-7173......just make sure you have all of this...

• Xfinity Internet and
  • Xfinity Preferred TV and
  • Xfinity Home or Xfinity Voice
Regular Visitor

I need assistance with this as well. I cannot complete online and the phone representatives cannot help me as they tell me this is only an online promotion. I have the tripple play plus home.
Valued Contributor

@wave28 wrote:
I need assistance with this as well. I cannot complete online and the phone representatives cannot help me as they tell me this is only an online promotion. I have the tripple play plus home.

Is the TV portion of your package Digital Preferred or higher?

Regular Visitor

Looks like the people over at 1-866-299-7677 were able to assist. If you have the right number it works out. I called before and got the run-around.
New Poster

Hi there, I am having the same issue with the Ipad deal and keep getting the error page. looked to try and message you but could not figure out how or if that was the best option or not. Thank you!

Regular Visitor

Just call 1-866-299-7677
New Poster

Did you get your iPad ?
Regular Visitor

Not yet. It's listed as processing on xfinityrewardcenter.com
New Poster

Am I required to keep the triple play 2 more years and does this lock me out from changing my plan in this time? Where are the terms for this deal?

Regular Visitor

I would call and ask. Or look at the promotion website. Xfinity.com/iPad you can pay 120 dollars upfront instead.
Valued Contributor

@baddadash wrote:

Am I required to keep the triple play 2 more years and does this lock me out from changing my plan in this time? Where are the terms for this deal?

The terms are at the bottom of the page:

New Poster

I am interested in the iPad offer. Please help me place an order.
Regular Contributor

According to their website, the offer is good thru 12/31/2018. I was able to order one with no pronlems at all.

Regular Visitor

I upgraded me service for the ipad said it was included . But I haven't gotten any information or confirmation. I didn't know about having to order it at xfinity.com/ipad.  I went to the page  and it said to call a number for help ordering.  I was wondering if it's an upgrade incentive will it be automatically sent to me.  I am perplexed.

New Poster

I ordered mine from the page and got a confirmation email. If this doesn't happen it's probably some sort of problem. Good luck

Regular Visitor

Thank You, I finally talked an agent and he said it was shipping in 3 to 4 weeks.