Community Forum

Xfinity carrier locked my personal device

New Poster

Xfinity carrier locked my personal device

Xfinity carrier locked my personal device i’ve been on the phone with Apple and I’ve been on the phone with Xfinity keep getting the runaround story is I originally purchased two phones on a payment plan and one of the iPhones had a hardware malfunction and was sent off to Apple in the meantime I bought a factory unlocked iPhone from Apple as soon as I put the Xfinity SIM card in Xfinty put a carrier lock on the phone I did not know that at the time so when I finally got my original phone back from Apple I took the Sim card out of the unlocked phone and put it in the Xfinity phone to make my money back I sold the Apple factory unlocked phone on eBay and I get a message saying that it is locked to a carrier that the same they put in the phone is not supported don’t know what to do I did not know that at the time so when I finally got my original phone back from Apple I took the Sim card out of the unlocked phone and put it in the Xfinity phone to make my money back I sold the Apple factory unlocked phone on eBay and I get a message saying that it is locked to a carrier that the Sim they put in the phone is not supported don’t know what to do Xfinity turn down numerous request to have the phone unlocked
1 because that phone Does not belong to Xfinty mobile
2 this was not activated on the line for a select amount of days and
3 I still have a balance on my phone I’m to my wits end with this company!!!!!
New Poster

Re: Xfinity carrier locked my personal device

I had the same problem.  First person I spoke with said I couldn't unlock it even though it was my own personal phone.  I asked for a manager, waited several minutes and the original guy wanted additional information.  I restated my wish to unlock my own phone that was previously unlocked.  He then redirected me to another dept and they unlocked it within minutes.

By the way, when I went into an Xfinity office about unlocking my phone, the guy said Xfinity does not lock your phone which was incorrect in my case.  

Contributor

Re: Xfinity carrier locked my personal device

Took me close to a month to get my daughter's iPhone unlocked from Xtrash, constant lies from this company. Day that it was unlocked I was off to a Apple store (100 miles away) to get her an unlocked iPhone from Apple, trade in the Xtrash iPhone and get their service out of my house. There are some serious issues with this division of Xfinity, Internet is no problem but something stinks in the mobile department.