Community Forum

Xfinity account in Wifes name, Husband can't upgrade his mobile.

New Poster

Xfinity account in Wifes name, Husband can't upgrade his mobile.

When my husband, who has xfinity mobile, moved in with me, he cancelled his xfinity internet plan as I had it under my name in our new home.

He's now ready to upgrade, however is being told he can't because he's not an xfinity internet customer anymore.  We've added him as an authorized user, however despite being told that would do the trick, he just got off the phone with customer service who told him that he still cannot upgrade, and only can if I also have xfinity mobile.... which I dont... and to be perfectly honest, have no interest in doing after seeing how ridiculously difficult it is to upgrade his phone.

Help. Buying a phone outright at a big box store isn't really the route we're wanting to take since we dont have $900 just laying around.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity account in Wifes name, Husband can't upgrade his mobile.

It gets even better than that. If you have an XFINITY mobile phone on one account, you can't transfer it to another account. Say you have young adult children that you have had on your account. They move out, get married, get Comcast service wherever they are. They cannot transfer their XFINITY mobile service to their new account. Instead, they will have to open an account with another carrier. Then, they will have to port their number from that other carrier to their own XFINITY account. No, I am not kidding.