Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile has been one of the worst experiences yet.

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Mobile has been one of the worst experiences yet.

I want to find out if anyone esle is having the problems that I've been facing with Xfinity Mobile. (sorry this is going to be long)

I ordered 3 iphone SE 32 gb, with the $200 off promotion, for my nephews and eagerly awaited their arrivals. Shortly after I put in the order, I was notified that one of the phones was canceled due to payment issues; my bank had flagged it as fraud. After resolving everything from my bank, I was told that I needed to reorder the phone due to it's cancelation from Xfinity. So, I went online, only to find out that they no longer had the 32 gb variant of the SE available and had to settle for the 128 gb. This was merely the beginning of my problems. 

I waited several days for my phones and was pleasantly surprised when I saw two boxes from Xfinity mobile arrive on my doorsteps. When I looked at the orders, I realized that I received both a 128 gb iphone SE and the 32 gb SE that I was originally told was canceled. There was no sign of the other 2 iphone SEs that I had also ordered. So, I called Xfinity Mobile Care to figure out what happened to my orders. Since I was told that the original 32 gb order was canceled, the agent informed me that I would be able to return the 128 gb SE without paying the restock fee. When I asked about the other 2 phones, I was told that the order was still pending. So, I happily ended the call and awaited the return box that the agent told me would arrive shortly. 

Several days later, I check my Xfinity mobile account and notice that my order for the other 2 iphone SE got canceled and I was refunded the money. I immediately called Xfinity Mobile Care to figure out what was going on. The first agent that I talked to explained that Xfinity ran out of stock of the order and I should not have been able to order the phones in the first place. I went to their website and informed her that the phones were still on sale. So, basically, they falsely advertised that they had a product that they did not have. Well, the agent kindly told me, since I put in the order before the promotion deadline, I could apply the $200 to any phone of my choice that they did have in stock. I explained that this still didn't resolve my issue since the next cheapest iphone was the 7, which I would have to pay an addition $300 for both phones. Despite it, I told her to go ahead with the order. She then directed me to a sales rep because she was unable to put in the order from her computer. I was transfered to a sales rep and as I was putting in the order, I asked him to double check for me to make sure that I would receive the $200 promotion with the new order. He told me that there was nothing on his system that reflected that and transferred me to another Mobile Care agent. I was put in contact with another agent who I had to explain from the beginning what the issue was. After listening and figuring out what happened, this agent informed me that he would put in an order for two 32 gb Iphone SEs right away. Bewidlered by that statement, I asked him to double check, as I was told just 30 minutes ago that Xfinity was completely out of stock of all SEs. He double checked and told me that they indeed had some in stock and that he could order them for me. I told him go for it. And that was the end of that conversation. 

After getting off the phone, I felt really uneasy about the whole conversation, but waited couple days before calling Xfinity Mobile again, as I received no confirmation email and there was no change in my account. This agent looked at my ticket number and again informed me that Xfinity was out of stock of the iphone SEs and the order should not have been put in. I was boiling at this point and asked her how that was even possible. She had several colleagues and a supervisor look through the history and finally informed me that the orders for the Iphone SE 32 gb were indeed put in and that I would receive a call from Xfinity couple days later to verify the purchase. 

I waited couple days and having received no calls, I once again called Xfinity Mobile to find out the status of my order. This agent, looking through the ticket numbers I received informed me that nothing on his system reflected any order being put in place. He was the first agent, out of the six I talked to, that informed me that the return slip was inside the box that the 128 gb phone came in. Everyone else had stated that there was a return box coming, which I waited patiently for. But, apparently, I could have returned it this whole time. Beyond frustrated, I asked if I could talk to a supervisor since 6 different agents had promised me that the issue had been resolved and everytime I called back, more issues arose. So the agent transferred me to his supervisor and of course I get disconnected.

So here I am, waiting in line to talk to yet another agent and it states that the wait time is at least 1 hour. Sorry folks, no resolutions yet with my order. Just more and more knotts in my temple as I am getting more and more frustrated with xfinity. I really don't blame the agents. They are just trying to help with the little information they are able to see. Every person I talked to had different information to give me. If that doesn't speak to a broken system, I don't know what does. So, as I wait for another agent, I am just venting on this forum, partly in hopes that you read this and stay clear away from this company or in hopes that this comany reads this and fixes the many many issues it is currently having. Oh, I looked in the website and guess what is still on sale...  

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Mobile has been one of the worst experiences yet.

Good Luck, I've been trying to get service since August 28th.

I think the following statement might be a more accurate explanation for the lack of response from xfinity.

Due to the overwhelming incompetence on the part of Xfinity Mobile's upper corporate executive management we are experiencing longer than normal wait times.

They should play a recording of this statement repeatedly when they put you on hold for hours at a time.

Frequent Visitor

Sadly, I agree. 

Well, after a little over an hour, I finally get back in touch with a mobile care agent. I informed her that I got disconnected when being transfered over to a supervisor. She asked nicely if I could explain the situation. Fed up, I told her I was done explaining and if she could just transfer me to another supervisor. She told me to wait on the line so that she could call him over. First of all, why did I get transfered on the previous call and now a superivsor is physically coming to the phone... anyways, after 20 minutes of waiting, she chimes back in and affirms that she is still there and still waiting for her supervisor to come to the phone. After another 25 minutes, she gets back on and states that she just learned that her supervior is in a meeting and cannot take any calls. It took her 45 minutes to be told that her supervisor was in a meeting. What kind of work environment is this?! What kind of broken down, bad management system is this?! I'm baffled. Maybe I'm still naive but how is this company getting away with this?! So after 45 minutes of wrangling a 2 year old, while feeding a 4 month old, all the while dangling an earpiece, I am told that I will get a call back when the supervisor is out of the meeting. So I ask if there are other supervisors that I can talk to. Supposedly he is the only one that I can talk to... Well. We will see if I get a call back. 

Frequent Visitor

So... never got a call back from that supervisor... So, I called again to mobile care and waited another 45 minutes before talking to an agent. Well... like always, the agent was very polite and tried his best to remedy the situation, but ultimately I need to wait another 3-4 days for a tier 2 personnel to contact me to resolve the issue. Why do you have agents on call that cannot resolve anything when things actually go wrong? I'm frustrated as a customer and frustrated for the people who are asked to do this job. I'm sure they get yelled at constantly and they CAN'T DO ANYTING ABOUT IT... Xfinity Mobile, you really messed up with this opening and you really need to fix your system and infrastructure. This is beyond the scope of reason and common sense. So far, I've dedicated eight calls, averaging 1-2 hour per call to resolve what should have been an easy fix. So I've spent 8-10 hours of my time to only be told that I needed to spend more time to resolve the issue. I should have bailed out from the very start but having gone this far, I'm sticking this through and I won't take anything less than what I ordered or a better phone for equal price to settle this issue. How is this even legal. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Everything that I read here seems to mirror the pain and frustration that I have and am still going thru for the pleasure of adding mobile to my current xfinity services.

Things I've learned from my over 26 maybe even 30hrs of talking to chatting texting and messaging xfinity:

Phone:

* Plan on spending a long time on the phone anytime you call
* Dont trust anything your told as you'll likely be told something different by the next person you talk to

* Get ticket numbers and try to confirm with someone else the content of the ticket as I found information was not entered as I was told

* Supervisors are condesending and will revoke credits to your account just because you wanted to speak with them to ensure that the credit gets applied properly since they werent at first

Texting

* After sending a text wait several hours to a day before getting a reply that causes you to have to reask or reprovide info to the text agent..send info and wait several hours for the next text 

* After managing to text back and forth a couple of time without having to wait hrs between replied (a rare feat) you'll be told to call customer support.

Chat

* Transcripts are great cause you can have something in writting but you'll end up being told it doesnt matter because xfinity wont honour what you've been told

* Chat Team is ill informed and will give misleading info like "We already have the order placed and ready for shipping, but due to high demands and large orders that thee xpected time FedEx can deliver the order is by 2017-09-25." which really means the phone might still be on backorder as mine seems to be.

* Chat Team will have you go into detail about your issue and then say call customer service

Messaging:

* Surprising upfront about things at least so far but I'm not yet sure if they are accurate.

* Again you'll be directed to call customer service

In short, I would say that xfinity mobile is not ready for prime time and i've little faith from what i've seen that they ever will be.

Official Employee

@Matt1925 wrote:

Everything that I read here seems to mirror the pain and frustration that I have and am still going thru for the pleasure of adding mobile to my current xfinity services.

Things I've learned from my over 26 maybe even 30hrs of talking to chatting texting and messaging xfinity:

Phone:

* Plan on spending a long time on the phone anytime you call
* Dont trust anything your told as you'll likely be told something different by the next person you talk to

* Get ticket numbers and try to confirm with someone else the content of the ticket as I found information was not entered as I was told

* Supervisors are condesending and will revoke credits to your account just because you wanted to speak with them to ensure that the credit gets applied properly since they werent at first

Texting

* After sending a text wait several hours to a day before getting a reply that causes you to have to reask or reprovide info to the text agent..send info and wait several hours for the next text 

* After managing to text back and forth a couple of time without having to wait hrs between replied (a rare feat) you'll be told to call customer support.

Chat

* Transcripts are great cause you can have something in writting but you'll end up being told it doesnt matter because xfinity wont honour what you've been told

* Chat Team is ill informed and will give misleading info like "We already have the order placed and ready for shipping, but due to high demands and large orders that thee xpected time FedEx can deliver the order is by 2017-09-25." which really means the phone might still be on backorder as mine seems to be.

* Chat Team will have you go into detail about your issue and then say call customer service

Messaging:

* Surprising upfront about things at least so far but I'm not yet sure if they are accurate.

* Again you'll be directed to call customer service

In short, I would say that xfinity mobile is not ready for prime time and i've little faith from what i've seen that they ever will be.

Apologies for the issues and the experiences that you described above. I have sent along your feedback and experiences directly to our Xfinity Mobile leadership team so that we can make this right and be sure that we identify some areas for improvement.

I do appreciate the details that you provided and I am confident that we can make this right. Thanks for your patience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

parksaeh12, the iPhone SE is end of life and Apple is no longer making this device. Apologies for the confusion on our end. If you were told you can order a new device and receive a $200 credit for them, you must place a new order before the request can be filled. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

YES! What MATT1925 said!

atrana23 recommends exercising this option and I am siutalbly inclined to recommend all that read this to do the same.

https://www.xfinity.com/ArbitrationOptOut/mobile

Frequent Visitor

Everything you have stated is 100% accurate and has been my own experience.

Frequent Visitor

I understand that; although I've been told different things by different Xfinity Mobile agents. My issue still is your mistake of putting these phones out for order when you were not able to fulfill them. Even re-offering the promotional deal really doesn not solve my problem because I will have to pay more money than I originally intended to be part of a network that has failed in more ways than I can count. I've seen very little from Xfinity Mobile to remedy this situation for it's customers. Lots of promises with very little to no follow through. I know it isn't your fault and thank you for reaching out. But, what you are saying makes me even more mad unfortunately. 

Official Employee

parksaeh12, my intent is not to make you even more mad. I understand you're upset and I want to make this experience as easy for you as possible. If you decide to order the phone again, let me know and I can help assist you with the price correction request. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Without surprise, no one from Tier 2 contacted me and I had to call Xfinity Mobile once again. The first agent that I talked to kindly transferred me to his supervisor; I expressed my concern about being put on hold and being disconnected. Well, he assured me that their department doesn't do that. I was on hold for 1.5 hours and then, yes you guessed it, got disconnected. My experience with Xfinity Mobile has been so bad, that it is getting comical. 

Well, I called again and got an agent on the line. I explained that I got disconnected twice while being transferred to a supervisor and was promised a call back when told that he was in a meeting, after waiting 45 minutes with the agent. But, finally, after only 20 minutes of waiting, I was able to talk to a supervisor. I didn't think I could hate Xfinity Mobile more until I talked to one of their supervisors... the tone, the lack of empathy, the repetition of policiy (as if I didn't hear you the first time). Ultimately, not being able to do anything (I'm sensing a theme here) I was given an option for his supervisor to call me the next day and I took it. Am I expecting a call. Not a chance. At this point, I'm going to throw in the towel. Sorry for anyone reading this and hoping for a solution. It's not worth it for me to continue doing this when my frustration impacts my family and my attitude towards them. 
Frequent Visitor

Matt1925, anything yet remotely close to a solution?
Official Employee

parksaeh12, if you provide me with the ticket number, I can check on it's status.

Frequent Visitor

This goes without saying but never got that phone call. So long xfinity mobile. Y'all should stay clear as well.
Official Employee

parksaeh12, I'm sorry to hear you are leaving. Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.