Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile existing line and Samsung unlocked version Note 10+ ?

Contributor

Xfinity Mobile existing line and Samsung unlocked version Note 10+ ?

I purchased a Samsung unlocked aura blue 10+ directly from Samsung on their pre-order. The reason for this is the 350 trade in (200 more than xfinity) and the 200 bucks in freebies (2 cases and a smart things Camera)

Xfinity says you can't BYOD to an existing line. The techs on Xfinity forums say it might work, but you might be missing some features like wi-fi calling, VOLTE, etc. not a big deal. Others have said they said the same thing for the S10 but it worked for them.

I went to the store today and the manager said they can make it work as long as its CDMA unlocked. I looked at the specs and there are a bunch of CDMA listings on the network.

I guess I'm going to take a chance. If it doesn't work I'll return the phone and just keep using my Note 8 until they get the BYOD Android thing all worked out. Maybe wait for the S11. If it works, great!!

The reason I am with xfinity is because I use less than a GB of data a month and my bill is 12.00 a month.

Anyone else taking the chance?

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Mobile existing line and Samsung unlocked version Note 10+ ?

I made a visit to the store yesterday to discuss this.  They said when I get the phone to bring it in and they will make it work.  So we will see I guess.

Contributor

I went over with my unlocked from samsung(no carrier) Note 8 and S8+.  The guy spent half an hour on with mother ship and determined it's a no go for ANY phone bought unbranded from samsung for new line. Both of the these phones work fine with a SIM from an existing line that was activated on an XM phone.  I also have a 10+ on order that I intend to pop my existing SIM into when it comes and I'm sure it will work fine, no intentions of talking to XM.   If it doesn't work, I will be switching to Verizon pre-paid plans with BYOD.

P.S. I only did this to see if I could get another line on my account without buying another phone.

Contributor

So the SIM card that is in my Note 8, is the one they put in when I brought over my Note 8 from ATT so it might work just switching the SIM?