Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile disabled LTE calling?

Contributor

Xfinity Mobile disabled LTE calling?

I have been using Xfinity Mobile for 5 months now without any problem.

I have two lines.

24hrs ago I received on the two lines a message saying the LTE calling feature is now disabled on booth lines.

When I go under in the cellular menu I can only select LTE for Data. When I try to select voice and data. I small pop up window tells to call Xfinity Customer support to activate the service.

Called tech support this morning. The tech person told me the feature (LTE voice calling) is active on both line.

I did the "reset network settings". Without any success.

I removed the SIM and switched with a T-Mobile one. Put back the Xfinity Mobile Sim. Still the same problem.

I'm wondering if others customers faced the same issue?

Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Mobile disabled LTE calling?

Working fine for me, but there's another user with a thread from this morning reporting the same issue on this forum.

Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

Maybe I have one explanation...

When I opened my line I bought two LGs phones (the $79 model). Because the phones were not performing well, I put the Xfinity sims in my two unlocked Verizon iphone 7. Everything worked since this morning.

It will be interesting to see with the other user if he is experiencing on the same issue on a BYOD phone?
Official Employee

Tpx_Follower, I heard of some feature issues due to swapping the sim card to a BYOD device. We don't support BYOD at this time so swapping the sim into a BYOD phone can cause issues. Let's make sure we have the right IMEI on file. Please send me your full name, account number and address so I can check the IMEI and check on the feature. 

Frequent Visitor

What was the solution here? I'm having the same issue on my iPhone. Can't activate LTE calls nor set up a personal hot spot, both of which were working just fine on my phone yesterday.

Official Employee

Hello all, 

We do not support BYOD at this time. If you are using a device purchased outside of XFINITY Mobile, we cannot guarantee features will work nor can we assist with adding or removing features should they appear or disappear. I'm hoping we will support this program soon so we can assist those who purchase phones outside of XFINITY Mobile. 

Frequent Visitor

Does getting a device swapped out via Applecare count as BYOD?

Official Employee

Does getting a device swapped out via Applecare count as BYOD?

Good question. Not sure, but I believe so. It'll depend if our system deems it as a foreign IMEI and I am guessing it would.  If you're having issues with a device and need a warranty exchange, we can process that for you and exchange the device with another we have in our inventory. 

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

Hello All, XM was able to revolve the issue for me today! It appears they did not have my device setup in the correct network.
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue. My original iPhone 7 plus died and I did a warranty exchange at the apple store in September. Everything was fine until 11/11/17. Contacted XM and they escalated to tier 2. The issue still hasn't been resolved. Also prevents my visual voicemail from working
Frequent Visitor

Going on 10 days with this issue, as well as no personal hotspot.  

Official Employee

Hello all, if you're still having issues enabling LTE calling can you please tell me what network is displayed next to the signal indicator on the home screen of the device?

dulaney22, to turn your phone into a mobile hot spot please click on this link

Regular Visitor

XFINITY Mobile is next to my signal bar. It's been 9 days without the feature being active now.
B36DF957-1C78-4CD6-A6CD-BAFA889F2394.png
Official Employee

I can check our system and make sure your account is provisioned correctly to enable this feature. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"? 

New Poster

Im having the same issue 

Contributor

Same LTE calling issue. Even when proper IMEI provided (iPhone model known) XM not very customer friendly if you switched to Apple provided iOS device.

Official Employee

Hello all, I can assist you with adding the voice LTE feature to your account. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone number, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

Regular Visitor

I have LTE calling disabled on all four phone under my account.  LTE calling worked just fine for the first month and then it bacame disabled on the first day of the next billing cycle.  Can I send you a private message with all phone numbers under my account?

Thanks

Official Employee

Hi LevinP, I can take a look at this and get the LTE feature activated for you. Please send me a private message with your account information, I will need your full name, street address, phone number, and account number. 

Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Visitor

Hi ComcastAmir,

I purchased a new iPhone X from Xfinity Mobile, but it got swapped out by Applecare, and now voice calling over LTE doesn't work. I called tech support and they couldn't help. I've tried clicking on your forum username but don't have a Private Message option to reach you. What can I do? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Problem Solver

iPhone1 wrote:

Hi ComcastAmir,

I purchased a new iPhone X from Xfinity Mobile, but it got swapped out by Applecare, and now voice calling over LTE doesn't work. I called tech support and they couldn't help. I've tried clicking on your forum username but don't have a Private Message option to reach you. What can I do? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

There's nothing that can be done to help you.  Sorry, but your device is essentially a BYOD device and will be unknown on the XM network.  Once XM gets their BYOD program up and running, then you should be able to use VoLTE again.

Regular Visitor

Xfinity Mobile explicitly says you can use AppleCare in the Xfinity Mobile purchase process. So, they should certainly have a process for enabling phones swapped out by AppleCare for ones purchased from Xfinity to work.

In addition to LTE calling not working, my voicemail is also non-functional and I cannot set up a personal hotspot. This is a negative way to start my Xfinity Mobile experience.

Problem Solver

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but all of those features that you lost are expected with a BYOD device.  XM has launched a BYOD program on a trial basis in a few cities.  Once they get through the trial phase and launch it nationwide, you should be able to activate your missing features again.

Regular Visitor

My phone doesn't show XFINITY Mobile on the top of the screen. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and haven't been able to use data while on the phone for a few months now.
Contributor

MrMikeW wrote:
My phone doesn't show XFINITY Mobile on the top of the screen. I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and haven't been able to use data while on the phone for a few months now.

"Xfinity Mobile" only shows at the top of the lockscreen.  When on "home page" you will see no indication of who the carrier is, unless you go into settings/connections.

Official Employee

My phone doesn't show XFINITY Mobile on the top of the screen. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8 and haven't been able to use data while on the phone for a few months now.

MrMikeW, it sounds like VoLTE needs to be realigned. Shoot me a private message with your account number (Residential), your full name and address for help. 

Frequent Visitor

All of a sudden, I'm having this issue too after 1 month as a customer and it working fine for that month. VoLTE option just totally disappeared. I went into the phone's service menu and saw it was turned off so I toggled it back on. It then was available again in Network settings and showed it turned on. But when I tried to make a call, it said "Server Error. Try again later." on the call screen. It should be noted that without this being enabled, you can't use data during a call. For example, if you're in a call and want to use an app such as Facebook or Instagram - you can't do both at the same time without VoLTE enabled. So there should be no reason why this is randomly being disabled. For any customer. I'd appreciate it if someone with the power would turn this back on, on my account.

Also, in my notification bar when I pull it down, it has always said "Verizon Wireless" and never "XFINITY Mobile". When I go into Network & Internet settings, under Mobile network, it also shows "Verizon Wireless". When I tap that, and then tap Advanced, this is the only place that there is any reference to XFINITY Mobile as under Carrier it says XFINITY Mobile.

Contributor

iamthejody wrote:

All of a sudden, I'm having this issue too after 1 month as a customer and it working fine for that month. 

You're using the device purchased directly from XM, correct?

Frequent Visitor

Of course. But even if I wasn't, that should have nothing to do with this. Comcast chose to use Verizon as their network. This is a Verizon feature and should not be disabled for anyone - especially a feature that allows you to use voice and data at the same time. I know there's a BYOD beta going on right now in some locations but what is there to beta? Nothing. Just turn everything on and if a phone can do it, it will.

Official Employee

iamthejody wrote: Of course. But even if I wasn't, that should have nothing to do with this. Comcast chose to use Verizon as their network. This is a Verizon feature and should not be disabled for anyone - especially a feature that allows you to use voice and data at the same time. I know there's a BYOD beta going on right now in some locations but what is there to beta? Nothing. Just turn everything on and if a phone can do it, it will.

If you have a device that was provided by Comcast then we can fix this issue for you by updating your IMEI information on the back end. If you have a device that was not provided by Comcast then you would need to visit a local Comcast service center and get a new SIM so that the LTE feature can register properly. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone number, and account number if you would like me to look further into this for you. 

New Poster

I'm on the fence of pulling all 3 lines due to byod. I have a Verizon phone that makes calls and have no problems cdma/2g. My Moto z play had zero problems with Verizon and it's services. And lte calling worked fine. Xfinity mobile and Verizon are the same towers. It doesn't make much sense of why volte isn't working. I purchased a LG power and volte was never enabled on my account. And I don't understand why Xfinity mobile won't just leave the feature up to the customer. If the calls don't work right on volte you turn it off. Also when I had Verizon I could enable and disabled volte anytime I wanted in my account online. But with Xfinity mobile no control. They blame the handsets but I don't get why they push back so hard on using phones you are accustomed to. If you're willing to pay the paywall and pay for a phone to get a sim card why should they care if you use the phone or not. It's not like Verizon is very fast hear. And I'm missing Sprint speeds more and more
Official Employee

Hello Goochbuntu, I can assist you with getting your equipment provisioned for the VoLTE feature to work even with your equipment from Verizon. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone number, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Frequent Visitor

But you can't do that for other BYOD users??

Frequent Visitor

This doesn't make sense... They are using their own devices and they are getting support and getting their line provisioned to the new IMID? Yet BYOD is not supported?

Official Employee

Apologies for the confusion. We can only provision features access for devices purchased through XFINITY Mobile or iPhone 5 and newer that are a part of the current nationwide BYOD trial. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Heck, I'm starting to work on month 3 of this issue.  Have an Xfinity phone on an xfinity account that they can't seem to fix.  It's completely ridiculous that the company can't simply tie the phone to my number.  

Official Employee

dulaney22, I'll provide you with an update on our private message thread. 

Heck, I'm starting to work on month 3 of this issue.  Have an Xfinity phone on an xfinity account that they can't seem to fix.  It's completely ridiculous that the company can't simply tie the phone to my number.  

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee
Moved: