Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile and promised credit

New Poster

Xfinity Mobile and promised credit

During ordering a new iPhone (paid in full) for Xfinity Mobile, I was promised over the phone that I was getting a $100 credit into account. I already have Internet account with Xfinity.

Are Internet and Mobile totally different accounts?

Can I use this credit to pay my Internet bills?

What happened if I decided to close my mobile account for any reason before or after 30 days? Lose my credit?

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Mobile and promised credit

@Igrek

Are Internet and Mobile totally different accounts?.

My guess is yes. Xfinity mobile does not appear on my cable bill and the billing is separate for both services. The billing dates are also different. That is a strong indication of separate accounts.

@Igrek

Can I use this credit to pay my Internet bills?

Since they are separate accounts I would highly doubt that possibility.

@Igrek

What happened if I decided to close my mobile account for any reason before or after 30 days? Lose my credit?

My guess would be yes, you would lose the credit. A typical credit is to attract new customers and keep them for a certain period of time. There should be disclosures when you create the account that will explain the requirements for the credit. This should have been explained by the phone representative or sent to you by email.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Mobile and promised credit

Asked the support about this $100 credit in case of account cancellation and got promised that it may be transferred into my Internet account in this situation. But again, needs to be double verified.