Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile Wrong IMEI on Account after Sim Swap

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Mobile Wrong IMEI on Account after Sim Swap

Hi, I placed my xfinity mobile sim card into my moms iphone (which is on a different carrier) to test if it was unlocked and didn't know it would cause any problems with my account and now my xfinity account is showing her phone IMEI # instead of mine. So when I randomly called in to get my iphone unlocked and I give them my Xfinity iPhone  IMEI they don't see it and it's only showing my moms phone IMEI as a generic phone which shouldn't be there. It should be my IMEI. It must have changed when I put my xfinity sim card into her phone, Now I've been trying to get that fixed for weeks and I've been getting the run around since early august. Was told a tier 2 would call me back everytime I call in.

Here is my latest ticket #3524305 from my most recent call. If anyone can help.

Most Valued Poster

Re: Xfinity Mobile Wrong IMEI on Account after Sim Swap

I've noticed the same thing when I put the SIM from my LG into my S5.  The phone type now says undefined and the S5 IMEI number now shows on the web site.  I just assumed it would go back if I ever put the SIM back into the LG, but I have not yet.  No biggie for me, prolly all this will get straightened out when they officially roll out BYOD.  May take a while though.  

Contributor

The SIM needs to be in the phone you want to unlock (and purchased from XM) when you request the unlock and stay until the unlock email or code is proviced.

Contributor

I don't know how often the refresh occurs but IMEI of the actual phone with the Xfinity Mobile SIM installed will eventually get into the database. Just put the SIM back into the Xfinity Mobile phone and your account will be updated eventually.

As a general rule, when trying to get technical support on a device (and not just consumer electronics) with an unsupported configuration I would return the device to a supported configuration before picking up the phone.

Good luck!
Frequent Visitor

Yes my xfinity mobile sim is in my xfinity iphone (Has been in there since early july/august) but account still has the wrong imei on my account so they said the can't process the unlock until the correct imei is updated in their system. A tier 2 was suppose to fix it but no one has called me about it.

Frequent Visitor

@TiredRetired wrote:

I've noticed the same thing when I put the SIM from my LG into my S5.  The phone type now says undefined and the S5 IMEI number now shows on the web site.  I just assumed it would go back if I ever put the SIM back into the LG, but I have not yet.  No biggie for me, prolly all this will get straightened out when they officially roll out BYOD.  May take a while though.  

Yes exactly my problem. I placed my sim card back in my iphone and It never updated back to my xfinity iphone. Now that I have paid it in full I tried to get it unlocked but they can't do it because my xfinity iphone IMEI is not showing on my account even after months of my XM sim being in my xfinity iphone. So yeah trying to get that fixed.

Most Valued Poster

I just put the sim back into my LG X Charge from the S5 and the Xfinity Mobile web site recongized the change right off.  It now shows the LG with the correct IMEI number.  Maybe you should try putting the sim back into the other phone and then swap it again, maybe?  

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, CUSTEWART. I see that someone from our team has already reached out over Twitter. They should be able to help provide you with updates and get this issue addressed for you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastMax wrote:

Hello, CUSTEWART. I see that someone from our team has already reached out over Twitter. They should be able to help provide you with updates and get this issue addressed for you.

yeah they reached out over twitter about my Internet there was about a 30hr outage for home internet in my area. Internet is now back. Still need to get this phone IMEI issue fixed though.

Frequent Visitor

@TiredRetired wrote:

I just put the sim back into my LG X Charge from the S5 and the Xfinity Mobile web site recongized the change right off.  It now shows the LG with the correct IMEI number.  Maybe you should try putting the sim back into the other phone and then swap it again, maybe?  

This did not work for me, I am out of ideas. Still still says undefined (null) and shows the wrong IMEI.

Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 5.52.36 PM.png
Official Employee

We'll need to wait for our Tier 2 support to contact you to get this corrected. You can also try calling us at 888-936-4968 but they may just refer you to Tier 2 again. Your Tier 2 ticket is still open in our system so once they get to your ticket you'll receive a call back from them. I apologize for any inconvenience.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!