Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile Upgrade

New Poster

Xfinity Mobile Upgrade

I have been trying to upgrade my current phone since Thursday (3-7-19). I have unable to do so. I go to the Xfinity store they thru all the requirements and say I am able to upgrade. Then they receive an error saying I must pay for the device in full. So first day this happened call their support and said it was due to a past due amount on my internet services. Paid that returned the next day saying that it might take longer to process so come back Monday. I come back Monday and still same error. Their support had to escalate still no resolution. I contacted an escalation department who also had to talk with someone else and call me back. Never heard anything. I'm still waiting for some kind of resolution because no one I've spoken at Xfinity can answer why it is happening or fix it. You guys offer an early upgrade but cannot do it. I
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Mobile Upgrade

This is their internal credit check garbage. pretty much everyone is has or is gonna go through it.
It's I think part of how they are luring people in. They claim the 2 services are not connected in any way but in this case they are. Even if your late on 1 internet cable payment it kills your chance. Despite some one having nearly perfect credit
New Poster

They say that you are able to upgrade but you can't until your phone is paid off. At least that is my situation.
Regular Contributor

Even people who have paid off. Go through everything in the world. From errors to internal credit check fails. My devices are due to be paid off soon. And I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I've dealt with so much and seen so much in these forums. And believe me I used to moderate on another cell site so I don't take every post to heart. Bit from my personal experiences and some I feel are most def true too.
Like dealing with them I feel like I'm gonna have a stroke from the stress. Real life ain't even this hard
New Poster

They told me the same thing paid off my phone and still can't upgrade don't believe them
Contributor

BYOD