Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile Taxes

New Poster

Xfinity Mobile Taxes

Hello I'm currently looking to sign up for xfinity moblie. I just want to confirm if the Az Transaction Privilege Tax (monthly) fee and City Transaction Privilege Tax (monthly) is a one time fee because having 60$ taxes every month seems to be crazy. Thank you.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Mobile Taxes

herbotto wrote:

Hello I'm currently looking to sign up for xfinity moblie. I just want to confirm if the Az Transaction Privilege Tax (monthly) fee and City Transaction Privilege Tax (monthly) is a one time fee because having 60$ taxes every month seems to be crazy. Thank you.

That $60 tax sounds more like the sales tax for the phone. You have to pay the sales tax for the total price of the phone.

Contributor

Thats true, but be careful because in AZ sales taxes as well as taxes on communication services come in several parts:  county/state tax and separately city tax.  I noticed that I was being charged both taxes on purchases and telecommunications services, even though I live in an unincorporated area.  After jumping through endless hoops protesting this injustice, Comcast eventually admitted that they were pulling their tax rates off of a zip code and therefore charging everyone in that zip code the same tax rate - even though in many cases there are different jurisdictions within.  I got my city tax refunded for the time being, while they work on their tax software.  

Contributor

I live in Tucson AZ, monthly taxes/fees are 2.57 per month..  First bill was $3.57 which included cost of phone..