Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile Switch Over Problems

New Poster

Xfinity Mobile Switch Over Problems

We entered the xfinity store a few months ago to ask about switching our 4 iphone 6's from verizon to xfinity mobile. We also wanted to purchase another phone for our youngest son and add a line for him for a total of 5 lines.  We were told we were approved for all 5 lines and to return with all 4 phones. We went back a couple days later with the 4 phones and to purchase the 5th. My phone and my wife's phone were switched over but we were told we were now NOT approved for the other 3 lines. The rep could not tell us why. He said the system would not let him activate the new lines (What?). He tried for about an hour. He told us to come back a few days later. An hour after we left the store, my wife's iphone turned itself off and would not come back on. She took it back to the xfinity store but no one could get it to come back on. They told her to buy a iphone 8 for $700 but that she would get a gift card for $300. Instead, she went to the apple store (hour away) to get the phone looked at, but they told her the phone was dead for good. They also wanted to sell her a $700 iphone 8, but she went back to the xfinity store and purchased it because at least we would get $300 back, right? We'll get back to that later. I went back to the xfinity store a few days later to again try to have the other 2 phones switched and buy the new 5th phone. Again, the rep told me our account would only allow us to purchase accessories. I was there for over 2 hours while he tried to get it done. I was told to come back in a few days again (Again...What!?). Four weeks later they were able to switch over the other two phones, however, I had decided not to get the 5th phone. A couple hours after leaving the store, one of those phones turned off and would not come back on. Back to the apple store and sure enough...bricked! I went back to the xfinity store and bought another new phone, because like before, at least I would get the $300 back right? I had paid and was getting ready to leave when the manager walks over and says, "Oh by the way, I'm really sorry, but we gave you the wrong info, you and your wife will only get back $150 for each phone because you kept your old numbers." Okay, thank you. It's been three months and we havn't even seen the $150. All we wanted was to switch our phones over to try to save some money and we ended up having to buy two new phones at hundreds of dollars more, made about 6 trips between home, work, the apple store and the xfinity store, burned about two two tanks of gas, and about two days time off at work. 

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Mobile Switch Over Problems

Just a follow up to my original post:

It's been several months now and we have not seen either rebate, nor has anyone responded to the customer service inquiries or text I sent containing the same information as my first post. Recently I contacted the rep I dealt with at the local store. He had no answer about the rebates. I also told him I planned to get the additional (5th) line and a new phone for my son, and also wanted to upgrade my other son's 5se. When I asked him if I could purchase the new phones at the Apple store and bring them in, he said iphones bought from the Apple store may not work because they often sell refurbished phones that do not work on the xfinity mobile network. Has anyone ever heard this? I still feel like I am being taken advantage of.