Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile Roaming Charges for International Usage

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Xfinity Mobile Roaming Charges for International Usage

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/plan/international

The cost for talking and texting outside of the US is presented. However, there is no information about the cost of connecting to a network -- roaming charges. Where can we get that information? Also, is a roaming charge in effect as long as a mobile device is connected to a network or only when the device is used for talking and texting?

Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity Mobile Roaming Charges for International Usage

The roaming charge is the fee per minute of call, fee per text, and fee per MB of data. There is no separate connection charge.
Regular Contributor

@-Mike wrote:
The roaming charge is the fee per minute of call, fee per text, and fee per MB of data. There is no separate connection charge.
Mike, Does that mean that the below charges are inclusive and there are no extra "roaming" charges?

Service rates while visiting United Kingdom

TALK
$0.10
PER MIN

TEXT
$0.10
INTL

DATA
$0.10
PER MB
Problem Solver

Yes, that's certainly my understanding, and I've seen posts confirming that's all others were charged. But I haven't been out of the country yet to personally verify it. Maybe KenF can confirm.

If you make any toll calls, you would also be charged for that. And just be aware that $0.10/MB is ~$100/GB, and some countries have higher rates. If you are planning to use significant data, unlocking your phone and buying a local SIM card can often save a lot (but you would have a different phone number while traveling). The Xfinity option allows you to keep using your current phone number, so it's great for light usage.
Regular Contributor

wrote:
Yes, that's certainly my understanding, and I've seen posts confirming that's all others were charged. But I haven't been out of the country yet to personally verify it. Maybe KenF can confirm.

If you make any toll calls, you would also be charged for that. And just be aware that $0.10/MB is ~$100/GB, and some countries have higher rates. If you are planning to use significant data, unlocking your phone and buying a local SIM card can often save a lot (but you would have a different phone number while traveling). The Xfinity option allows you to keep using your current phone number, so it's great for light usage.

Mike, Thanks for the feedback and suggestion that we get a confirmation from Comcast. I'm also wondering if Mobile Data -->OFF will protect the user from those data transfer fees. Calls and text don't require data, as in the US.

Official Employee

VitaminE, When a customer's device is enabled on an international network, a notification is sent to the device containing the Talk/Text/Data rates applicable for the country the device has registered in. The customer is not charged for these notifications or any inbound text messages originating from the continental United States.

In addition, a $100 roaming notification will be sent to all lines when $100 of roaming charges have been incurred on the account.

There are no fees for accessing service abroad. You only pay the text, calling, and data rates for that country. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

wrote:

VitaminE, When a customer's device is enabled on an international network, a notification is sent to the device containing the Talk/Text/Data rates applicable for the country the device has registered in. The customer is not charged for these notifications or any inbound text messages originating from the continental United States.

In addition, a $100 roaming notification will be sent to all lines when $100 of roaming charges have been incurred on the account.

There are no fees for accessing service abroad. You only pay the text, calling, and data rates for that country. 

ComcastKenF,

Thanks for that information. Very helpful. I forgot to ask what the charges would be to call the US from another country, using Xfinity Mobile.

Official Employee

VitaminE, no problem. The info you seek can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/plan/international

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Contributor

wrote:

VitaminE, no problem. The info you seek can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/plan/international

I thought those charges were to make calls or text inside a country, England, for example. Do those charges also include the cost of calling the US from inside England? That's what confused me.

Official Employee

@ wrote:

I thought those charges were to make calls or text inside a country, England, for example. Do those charges also include the cost of calling the US from inside England? That's what confused me.

VitaminE, the website displays call rates while you're in the country and while you're in the US calling whatever country. They are separated on the left and right once you select a country. 

While you're in England, you're using UK towers to place the call, so you'd be paying that international rate.

The exception to that rule is if you are using WiFi calling while in the UK. Calls placed internationally to the US while on Wifi Calling, are free.