Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile Rewards....Feeling Cheated..

New Poster

Xfinity Mobile Rewards....Feeling Cheated..

Hello Team,

I ordered two iPhone XS in the month of September (one on 09/29/18 and other on 09/30/18)  as Xfinity was offering a $300 gift card for each phone. So in total I was supposed to get 600$ worth of gift cards.

On 2/13/19 I checked the status of these gift cards in their rewards center and it was showing that I  would be getting only $400, so I went for a chat with one of the agents to ask an explanation.

He advised that I didn't qualify for the 300$ offer because I activated my phones after 9/30 and after 9/30 the offer was changed to 200$ so I am eligible for 200$ only for each phone.

So I told him that first of all it was never mentioned in any terms and conditions that the phones needs to be activated before 9/30. Secondly, how could I have activated my phones without even receiving them as I ordered them  on 9/29 and 9/30 itself and thy were delivered in the first week of October. He didn’t understood and advised that I received the gift cards as per the prevailing terms and conditions and needs to give Xfinity a call explaining the scenario.

So before giving Xfinity a call I researched it further just to verify what were the terms and conditions for the 300$ offer but the article has been removed from their site.

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/360001187166/

So I checked the current $200 offer available on the site and below is what it shows.

"Prepaid Card offer ends 2/20/19. Offer requires purchase of a new, qualifying iPhone. Must activate a new Xfinity Mobile line for that phone and port phone number to the new Xfinity Mobile line within the first 30 days of phone purchase. Must remain an Xfinity Mobile customer with an account in good standing and maintain the new Xfinity Mobile line for the first 90 days following Xfinity Mobile line activation."

It’s nowhere mentioned that the phone should be activated before 02/20/19. The only thing it says that it should be activated within 30 days of purchase. Same were the terms when the offer was for 300$ which expired on 09/30/18.

I am not sure what I am missing and where should I complain about this as i feel completely cheated.

- An Unsatisfied  Customer

Amit

New Poster

Re: Xfinity Mobile Rewards....Feeling Cheated..

Same thing happened with me as well. I am planning to write an email to their higher management (preferably Brian) to let them know about the fraudulent way in which Xfinity is doing business.

Official Employee

Hello amitnidhi2015, thank you for creating a post and sharing this information. I can look into this for you and provide more information on the deal that you signed up for that would qualify you for the Visa rewards card. For further assistance please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi rajivvirgo12, thank you for posting this concern here on our forum. I am more than happy to look into this for you and get the gift card sent out if you indeed qualify. To get started please send me a private message with your full name by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message".

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi rajivvirgo12, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi amitnidhi2015, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.