Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile Returns Fraud.

New Poster

Xfinity Mobile Returns Fraud.

Hi,

I'm not sure what the motive may be, however there seems to be a systematic attempt to misclassify returned phones while in the 30 day trial window.  I returned my phone unlocked and in perfect condition, last night I received a message: 

Unable to issue full refund

We received your returned device. However, we are unable to issue you a full refund because your device was received with one of the following issues:
  • Cosmetic damage
  • Major physical or water damage

This classification was completely incorrect.  During the follow up call I was told they classified it in "C" condition and have charged me $350.  I have photographs of the phone taken immediately before packaging it for return that show no cosmetic issues and include the phone in a factory reset, turned on state to show that it was functioning properly. I see that I am not the only one to have faced this issue.

Does anyone have any advice for getting this issue resolved?  After speaking to support this morning, I am now waiting for a response from Tier 2 support.  To others that may be considering switching to Xfinity Mobile, I offer you words of caution.

Thank you,

Bruce

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Mobile Returns Fraud.

Hi Bruce, apologies for your experiences but if needed I could check the status of the tier 2 ticket for you.   Please send me a private message with your account information (your name, address and account number). 

Thank you