Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile Phone Return SCAM!

New Poster

Xfinity Mobile Phone Return SCAM!

I decided to switch to Xfinity mobile after getting offered a deal. I was shipped a phone and once I recieved it I called shortly after to activate it. The phone says to not turn it on till I was ready to activate it so I didnt even take it out of the box until I was on the phone with a rep. After 2 weeks of calls Xfinity was never able to connect it so I told them I was over and and I just wanted to send the phone back. (Even though Im out the $55 I paid for a case and a screen protector) I got my shipping lable and returned the phone in the original box with the factory sticker on the screen. (Thank goodness I took pics) Well 3 weeks after I had sent the phone back I got a charge on my acct from Xfinity Mobile. I called to find out why and they said that my phone was graded a B!!! We told them the was NO WAY! We ask for a picture to prove this happed and they could not provide them, then we ask for a manager and for 2 days in a row there was no manager there! I was informed to call Fed Ex even though I didnt even know if the phone or package was damanged! This is a total Scam!!! Im not the only one this has happend to! 

20171229_170649.jpg
20171229_170700.jpg
20171229_171058_LI (2).jpg
Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Mobile Phone Return SCAM!

this is  a  1st time i hear of  a B stock grade has i no there is a C stock grade  

how much did they  chargd you for the  B stock grade 

Official Employee

sumotox, B stock grades are not usually charged a fee. I'd like to check in on this. Please send me a private message with your full name, and the account number and phone number associated with your residential services. Thanks. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

This same exact thing happened to me. Ordered an iPhone XR black, had the phone for maybe 2 weeks. Sent phone back in exchange for cos max. Sent the phone back in mint condition. Once phone gets graded, it gets graded C for all these damages that I did not do. They send me photos of a phone that is not mine. In fact is a different color. Total scam
New Poster

The same thing happened to me this May in returning a less than two-week old phone.  I packaged it in a factormy Samsung box, put it in a cushioned box.  I have witnesses the phone was not cracked or damaged.  Xfinity tried to take over $360 out of my account for the graded B phone.  Luckily, I only had $40 in the account and the bank refused it.  The company emailed me photos of the phone and it doesn't look like the phone I returned.  FedEx declined my claim saying the damage on the phone wasn't consistent with shipping error.  I am 69 yeas old, come from old-fashioned morals and if I broke the phone, I sure wouldn't have returned the phone.  I asked if I could have my phone back if they're going to make me pay.  They said no as it's already been refurbished for a resale (It was less than two weeks).  This is an absolute scam Comcast is running and I suspect FedEx could be involved, also. 

Official Employee

JojoKickbutt, sorry to hear about your experience with your returned device. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know about this on the forums. I'd be happy to take a closer look at this and see if we can get more details on the return itself. Let's access your account. Please send me a private message with your full name and the last four digits of your card on file for help.  Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!