Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile Fees

Regular Contributor

Xfinity Mobile Fees

I'm still vacilating about going with Xfinity Mobile. I understand that I'll have to purchase a device from Comcast. Even if I use only text and calls, which are supposed to be unlimited, will there be any monthly fee? Taxes? Other fees?

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity Mobile Fees

You will have to pay only monthly taxes and fees for unlimited calls and texts and up to 100MB of data. They vary depending on where you live. Mine are $2.26/month.

Official Employee

VitaminE, there is a $10 line access fee, but as an XFINITY Internet customer, that is waived every month. So the only costs you'd be paying for is data+ cost of phone if on payment plan+ taxes. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

I understood your question to be asking for $$$ amounts, not just - taxes YES or NO ...

The below answered accordingly ...

You will have to pay only monthly taxes and fees for unlimited calls and texts and up to 100MB of data. They vary depending on where you live. Mine are $2.26/month.

Mine are $3.89/month for Roanoke, VA market ... with ZERO minutes; ZERO text; ZERO data (not even 1mb of  the free 100mb); phone OFF...

According to "Tier 2"... we are taxed on a "waived $10 line access fee" that none of us heard about, at least I didn't, did you notice anything anywhere about "line access" ?

WhistleOut.com is a very good comparsion tool if you are still looking...

Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:

I understood your question to be asking for $$$ amounts, not just - taxes YES or NO ...

The below answered accordingly ...

Mine are $3.89/month for Roanoke, VA market ... with ZERO minutes; ZERO text; ZERO data (not even 1mb of  the free 100mb); phone OFF...

According to "Tier 2"... we are taxed on a "waived $10 line access fee" that none of us heard about, at least I didn't, did you notice anything anywhere about "line access" ?

WhistleOut.com is a very good comparsion tool if you are still looking...

No access line fee is stated on the main xf mobile site - "No line access fees on up to 5 lines ".

Source - https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/

I'm charged $0.60  each month for state tax for 1 line and another poster reported $1.20 for 2 lines in the same state. I also get a $0.29 credit on my cable bill as "mobile tax adjustment". ComcastKenf wasn't able to explain the $0.60 state tax fee per line in my state. Sales tax on $10 would be $0.62.

Expert
Moved:

image in post includes personal information (not blocked out) - telephone number. Post Removed per Forum Guidelines. You can review these here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Regular Contributor

mvenanzi Problem Solver, please NOTE Tier 2's ref to "...charges to connect to the towers...", those KNOT-HEADS didn't remember a prior communication stating "phone = OFF"... they would lie to THE ALL MIGHTY because they're SO-FULL-OF-IT ...

""{Oh, I have a response from tier on the ticket we opened. Here's what they said:

"Customers are subject to their local, state, and federal taxes on their bill regardless of if they use data or not, because it does come off their $10 waived access fee. The government generates these charges to connect to the towers, the only way to not pay them is to deactivate the line of service with us. ---NICE PR Tier 2

If customer does not want to pay taxes, that is something that he needs to take up with his local representative and state governor."---I SAID "$4" (round number) WAS HIGH FOR A $0.04 BILL... NOT THAT I DIDN'T WANT TO "PAY MY TAXES"

""{REF. your mention of $10 line charge... WHERE HAS THE BEEN THE LAST THREE PLUS MONTHS ???
One would think it would have 'come-out ' in 1 of my 100+ contacts with XM... ANOTHER "HIDDEN" FACT ABOUT XM ???
This (your last PM, 11-29-17) is the first I'm hearing of this 'gem' !!!
Even our exchanges a few days back about $4 tax on $0.04 bill DIDN'T 'bring-up' a $10 line fee which would have taxes...
You did say - you didn't know about taxes, BUT common-sense tells us... $10.04 would have a higher tax than just $0.04, RIGHT ?
Maybe we should both 're-read' that exchange... either way you DID NOT mention a $10 line fee BACK THEN, I'm sure of that !!!
I remember the $4 tax seemed odd to you as well at the time... current Statement 'brake-down' DOESN'T show $10 item or "Line Fee".
MORE TO COME}""

Regular Contributor

Thank you... you are correct, number 'peek-out', thought it was 'covered-up'

Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:

mvenanzi Problem Solver, please NOTE Tier 2's ref to "...charges to connect to the towers...", those KNOT-HEADS didn't remember a prior communication stating "phone = OFF"... they would lie to THE ALL MIGHTY because they're SO-FULL-OF-IT ...

"charges to connect to the towers" is based on phone being an active line and not dependent on whether phone is on or off

Regular Contributor

Do know if ComcastKenF is online today ?  Waiting for him to advice on something rather important... delaying a trip to hear back

Regular Contributor

"charges to connect to the towers" is based on phone being an active line and not dependent on whether phone is on or off---REALLY ???   TOWER TAX WHEN PHONE IS OFF ???   WELL, GUESS WHAT, THAT MAKES US BOTH WRONG & TIER 2 CORRECT ABOUT "LINE FEE"... OUR PHONE NUMBER SITTING IN EVERY TOWERS "SWITCH"/"RELAY" ALL OVER THE GLOBE MUST BE EXPENSIVE ....  I STAND CORRECTED !

Regular Contributor

It appears from past activity that he is off on Sunday and Monday.

Frequent Visitor

I only use voice and text and my bill is $2.92

Regular Contributor

Trying this again... last reply w/ JPEG was blocked due to my mistake, not XMF...

XM Statement for KenF - number ERASED for Open Forum - Copy.jpg

Regular Contributor

Thanks,

Contributor
Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:

"charges to connect to the towers" is based on phone being an active line and not dependent on whether phone is on or off---REALLY ???   TOWER TAX WHEN PHONE IS OFF ???   WELL, GUESS WHAT, THAT MAKES US BOTH WRONG & TIER 2 CORRECT ABOUT "LINE FEE"... OUR PHONE NUMBER SITTING IN EVERY TOWERS "SWITCH"/"RELAY" ALL OVER THE GLOBE MUST BE EXPENSIVE ....  I STAND CORRECTED !

The line access fee has nothing to do with what you wrote.

Go here and do some reading about it and you'll find a lot of cell carriers charge a line access fee

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&ei=HcclWv-dOKvXjwShsraQBA&q=access+LINE+FEE&oq=access+...

Official Employee

All, 

There are no line access fees if you are an XFINITY Internet subscriber. It is waived every month. But if you disconnect your Internet service, there is a $10 line access fee for each line. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

That depends. Somehow when I look at a bill that says it will be 37.70, the only fees (12.00 for the 0.2 gigs I've actually used, 7.50 payment on the 180 dollar phone I'm paying off and 6.20 for taxes and fees) shown on the bill amount to 12 dollars less than 37.70. No idea where the extra 12 bucks is coming from. One month I got refunded 10 bucks but I'm still confused and I'm a tripleplay customer with their 200mbps internet service. Between that and the fact my phone doesn't auto connect to anything other than the private wifi connections I've manually set the phone to remember, I feel lied to and frustrated.
New Poster

I get charged around $4.58 for monthly taxes if I only use the unlimited calling and texting. 

Regular Contributor

I used to pay $25 per line per month before taxes and fees for unlimited talk and text. I now pay XM $7.14 per month for two lines.😁. You guys are arguing about pennies

New Poster

I am moving from my old provider to Comcast. This seems to the cheapest option there.

New Poster

Wow folks need to wake up xfinity mobile is forcing customers to use data on all the time or voicemail doesn’t work! Talk about getting cheated if you use by the gig  then you have to leave data on all the time.  Visual voicemail only works with data “on”

gonna change soon! Bummer!

Regular Contributor

@Charly_3 wrote:

Wow folks need to wake up xfinity mobile is forcing customers to use data on all the time or voicemail doesn’t work! Talk about getting cheated if you use by the gig  then you have to leave data on all the time.  Visual voicemail only works with data “on”

gonna change soon! Bummer!

On iPhone, MMS and visual voicemail have always required LTE data to be enabled, and this goes for all carriers, not just XM. Changing carriers will not solve anything.

New Poster

Think again before getting on to Xfinity mobile, because right now they are in their transition phase to new system and everything about the service is so disappointing, no proper customer care, no answers to any of issues, etcc

New Poster

**Is there a plan thats low or no charge if Im a xfinity internet essential customer since 2015? **
My monthly bill is $9.95/month. I get 40 free 1 hour wifi passes a month if im away from my home and connect to wifi xfinity on deman hot spot account. My tier2 xfinity account receives 1024GB month and the family uses approximately 400 - 500 GB. I have California Lifeline free mobile service and interested in xfinity mobile service to activate on another mobile phone for my autistic teen to have communication access for safety reasons. I spoke to xfinity chat support today to fix a outage issue occuring in my area. They mentioned xfinity tv stream free 30 days then $10 month if i wanted. But i want xfinity mobile. They gave me the mobile support number to ask about mobile plan. Before calling i seen xfinity forums regarding xfinity mobile and read multiple question/answers from others.
**So before i contact mobile support and get someone who will keep me on the line 45min to tell me a answer that i need to call essential support im asking here online 1st so i can have a answer in writing as proof when i decide to call mobile support. **