Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile - Bait and Switch promotion tactics

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Mobile - Bait and Switch promotion tactics

All,

I would like describe my not so nice experience with Xfinity Mobile with relation to its September's Phone Promotion.

I understand that multiple people will be affected by the same issue so im opening this thread to explain the problem

and to get others people feedback.

I would advise everyone to make sure that all promotional benefits are applied at the time of purchase to your account

otherwise you might / likely will not be able to get it as promised. There is no way to win with them after several chats and 

conversations they eventually agreed to give me half of the promised credit which I don't see as yet BTW (even

if that's a month later after promised timeframe), with a quite a lazy excuses - more on this below.

Full story:

So I was trying to buy Iphone 6S during promotional period in September (12th) when prices were $200 below

market at the time.

Xfinity ran out of the phones so my order was cancelled by them, I did receive a refund no issues here.

However they sent me an email encouraging me to buy another phone reassuring that I will still get $200 of a

promotion, see attached photo:

photo_1.png

I believe this is clear enough - buy a new phone from (by October 14th Iphone 8 is no-no) us and we will apply

$200 to your account 30 days after the purchase.

Having email in my mailbox I did order new phone - iphone 7 for 550$ this was NORMAL price in xfinity store at the time

September 21st (and other stores inluding Apple).

What could happen I thought, I have written statement in my mailbox. Boy, was I wrong.

Even with my naivety I did double check this with online chat, this is transcript of the conversation. They confirmed it.

Again same conditions.

Now, 30 days later - mid October - nothing happened of course. I should have known better.

I waited another week, and I approached online chat multiple times.

I went through the whole ordeal with them, you have to understand how they work in order to get anywhere with them, my first ticket

after an hour online conversation was opened with no description whatsoever, I checked with another person after another few days.

It ended up that they put "account issue" in the original ticket. That's all, what a waste.

2nd support technician thought me that ticked is supposed to be escalated, so we did that, i also made sure that they added

meaningful description into the ticket. Week later nothing happened.

3rd support's person enlightened me that on top of escalation they had to - bear with me - "ping" someone in order to get higher tier

support attention. I let them to "ping" them, of course nothing happened at the time as well, no one called me back.

After 60 days I don't have refund nor my case was brought to anyone's attention, lesson learnt do not trust xfinity and don't

bother with their online chat.

Now. I just called billing department. They told me that even if they email says I'm due to 200$ of the credit they will give me

just $100, because - listen to this - prices of the iphone 7 fell in the meantime so my original purchase price at the time

550$ reflects 100$ discount. Note again, at the time prices of that specific device fell (comparing to 10 days earlier) however they

listed price reflected normal at the time price of $550. I could have bought that phone for the same price everywhere, so as a result

I can gain $100 of a credit and not promised $200.

As of now credit is not applied to my account, so basically after 60 days I'm promised to have applied just 100, hopefully it will not 50

in another month or so.

I believe I have a right to get promised $200 so my next step will be to open small claim case with them, i keep everyone posted on this.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity Mobile - Bait and Switch promotion tactics

Can someone from xfinity tean please eyeball my post and confirm whether the handling of this case seems fine

form Xfinity's mobile perspective, or maybe somene I had talked to did not understand the problem.

Frequent Visitor

Re: request to Xfinity Mobile team on this forum. I forgot to add a ticket number for a reference: #6799641.

Official Employee

dan_jnk, if we have offered you a credit because of a promotional expiration for a device that went end of life, we need to honor it. 

The Price lock team is the team that is working on correcting issues during the Go Big promotion in September. Let's make sure the tickets you have opened were sent to them so that the proper credit is applied. Please private message me your account number, address and full name so I can reach out to them. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

dan_jnk, as I mentioned in private message, the Go Big Promotion's purpose was to discount select devices to a certain price point. The price lock team will apply any necessary credit to get your device to the promotional pricing and will not apply a credit that will discount the phone more than the Go Big Promotion allowed. 

KenF

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

KenF,

thank you for explaining this however I still think that the post promotional email was completely misleading.

It should have used completely different wording like "up to $200 to lower prices up to promotional level" ... .

It was not my mistake / incompetence so I should not be penalized for it.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Ken, dan_ink is 100% correct !

Comcast ALWAYS (99.99% of the time) makes MISTAKES and excepts the Customer  to 'put-up-with-it'

AND pay anyway... as though Comcast is 1,000% PERFECT, which we all know IT IS NOT... never has

been, never will be, CAN NOT BE and will fight 'tooth-n-nail' as if it is... 20+ years with them allows me

to say that !!! 

All this because Comcast 'twisted-arms' and got itself classified a "utility" w/o the possibility of any

competition... it's them or satellite or antenna or radio or nothing .

Customers 'don't-stand-a-chance' against Comcast ... countless complaints 'bare-this-out', dan_ink is

just one more victim of Comcast's current MONOPOLY ! 

Official Employee

dan_jnk, I agree, different wording should have been used. I will pass a long your feedback.