Community Forum

Xfinity Mobile Activation FAIL

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity Mobile Activation FAIL

—Edit: I want to point out that I am a long time Comcast Xfinity customer. At this point the only service I don’t use from them is their security system. I have/had just about everything else and am happy with my services, they are good. (Cable/Internet/landline/extra features)
This was the reason I chose to switch from Straight Talk to them, because normally I have no issues and if I call with any problems they fix it for me. This post was not meant to deter potential customers away from xfinity service, I’m just extremely frustrated and I want to be able to use my new phone with them—�-

I cut this story short because I’ve talked to so many people at this point I don’t have the time or energy to write all of the times the chat didn’t work or I was Transferred/disconnected.

So far the activation process has been a huge headache. I got my phone yesterday. The box says to install the SIM card and keep phone off, go to the website and activate. Activation should take ten minutes. I did this, but every time I clicked to activate nothing happened and the activation button would re-appear. As I was trying to port my number from Straight Talk, I contacted the help chat to see if I was doing something wrong. After an hour on the chat, I was told that it was on Straight Talk’s end and that there was an error in the information I provided. I have had the same phone with them for two years, so I know my information like the back of my hand. After trying to get back into another chat, I had multiple agents leave the chat without trying to resolve my issue. I had to refill my Straight Talk account so I would have my current phone to be able to call them and actually speak with someone who could maybe help me. I was then told that it could take up to two hours to activate my phone, information that is news to me and is no where to be found. I checked the status of my activation and it said that it was “In Progress.” This was a new change so I believed the person thinking that may just be the way it was and I will just give it some time.
This morning when I checked the status it still said that it was in progress. I went back into the chat just to see if someone could check for me and to make sure that I wasn’t waiting for nothing. I was then told that it could take up to two days. Once again, no where does it say this. The box says ten minutes. Hours I can understand, but days? SO...I call in because at this point I am confused and something didn’t feel right. I am then told that no, my activation was not in progress, there was an error (because of all the failed attempts of trying to activate my phone) and they will be sending my issue to tier 2, and that within 2-3 hours they will call me back. I got a ticket number and waited for a call.
Four hours later I call back, let them know that I haven’t received my call and I get transferred to “tier 2.” He ends up transferring me to the same Tier who is just another person in the same department as him. I am a person with a ton of patience, so I explain to the girl kindly that he was suppose to be transferring me to tier 2, and the lovely girl ended up trying one more time to bring up my account to see what’s going on....WELL....After looking through my info, she says that the SIM card I have does not match the phone that they sent me. She was so nice and I wish I knew her name, but she could not help me and once again I had to be transferred to the department that will send me my new SIM card. 😫 Now the next woman was ABSOLUTELY THRILLED TO SPEAK WITH ME and almost acted like she had no clue what I was talking about. She once again asked for all my info, (I’m pretty sure I can recite the IMEI and SIM number of this new phone by heart at this point....can’t they send each other my info and maybe speak to each other before transferring me 3,000 times so that they know why I’m being transferred???) Asking me if my SIM card came with the phone 😂😂😂. So I ask her politely if this was the problem the whole time. She says yes, the SIM card must of been damaged somehow. WELL IS IT DAMAGED OR JUST THE WRONG ONE? IF THIS HAS BEEN THE PROBLEM THE ENTIRE TIME AND AS MANY TIMES AS I WAS SUPPOSE TO BE TRANSFERRED TO A GROUP OF PEOPLE WITH A HIGHER KNOWLEDGE OF THIS SERVICE ONLY TO BE TRANSFERRED TO THE SAME PEOPLE THE WHOLE TIME WHY COULDN’T THEY SEE THIS THE FIRST TIME I CONTACTED THEM??! IS THIS EVEN THE PROBLEM??? Ahhhhhhh!!!!
So anyways, new SIM card arrives within 24-48 hours, but the next time I call it will probably be more like 5-7 business days. SO WHO KNOWS. I KNOW THEY SURE DON’T.
I completely understand that this is a new service and maybe you are still trying to work out the kinks and issues that the service has. But if I can’t get a straight answer on why my phone doesn’t work how am I suppose to fix it? I was basically lied to the entire time. Every time I got into a chat(many times in between calling just to see what the next person would come up with) I got a different answer. I would rather someone tell me “I don’t know” than give me a solution that doesn’t work. These agents cannot “think” they know or make up what the problem is because a company forces them to come up with something before the chat ends(which I’m sure every chat or call is timed so that puts pressure on them for service recovery/troubleshooting.) I am especially mad that I was going to wait two days to drag out a process that wasn’t going to work anyway. Also, if you give me a time frame for a phone call I expect a call.
I am not one to ever write the angry letter or leave reviews unless they are good but for a simple port transfer and phone activation I should not of gone through all of this nonsense that I’m pretty sure isn’t over yet. I guess we will see what happens once I get the new SIM card. So far I am disappointed.
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Mobile Activation FAIL

Mfisher1, I'd like to improve on your experience. I'll check on the shipment status of the new sim card as well as look into what the main issue is for the activation. Please private message me your account number, address and full name for help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I will message you that now. I just got an email stating that the sim card shipping process has just started, which means I will not get it until Monday. I will be at work, and it requires signature. So this is another problem. The customer rep I spoke to did not ask what my shipping address would be. Had I known I would have to sign for something like this I would of had it sent to my work.

Official Employee

Mfisher1, gotcha. I can send another sim card but it automatically goes to the address on file. I'll respond to your private message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

UPDATE:

I have recieved new SIM card, and called when I got it to activate. Of course it failed, and the girl claims they do not have the same sim card on file as what I was sent. I tried again within the chat, and the guy I was chatting with said he got the error "There is already an existing account change form for this service." I'm seriously at a stand still. I recieved my brand new iPhone 7 plus and I cannot use it nor can I get any help. Am I suppose to send it back? This is really awful.

Expert

@Mfisher1 I've escalated this for you. You might want to send @ComcastKenF a private message and let him know your issue is not resolved.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I messaged him this morning when it failed. Still haven’t heard back
Frequent Visitor

Another Update:
When I spoke to the woman who tried to activate the new SIM card that I received this morning, I forgot to mention that once she figured out she could not resolve my issue, she transferred me (where I’m not sure because she didn’t really specify.) I was on hold for a while, and after about 15 minutes I had to hang up and get my day started. About 3 hours later I got into the chat to ask what my next move should be seeing as this is obviously not working out, I was ready to give up the phone and send it back if she couldn’t help me this one last time. She offered to escalate my situation, and send me a new SIM card, and before I could really make a decision my computer froze and I lost the chat. (Not her fault, mine 100%.) Now, I need to see if she indeed finished putting a request in for yet ANOTHER new SIM card... I don’t have it in me to call again...I will have to call tomorrow. I did explain to her that I’ve been in this forum and that I know for a fact that I’m not the only person with this problem so she didn’t really ask to many questions and got straight to the point because she could probably feel my frustration. I am really trying to avoid the process of returning this phone. Or shutting everything down, someone please work with me here...
Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Frequent Visitor

Well thankfully they couldn’t port my current number because of the apparent mass mix up of SIM cards not matching the phone they come with. Now I’m really angry. I was at least getting responses on here but now they are ignoring me. I need to shut it all down and return my phone because this is just ridiculous. I’ve had my phone for 5 days just sitting in its box. 2 SIM cards, they were about to get me a third but I don’t think it’s worth all of this.
Frequent Visitor

Just got off chat with XM. Was told I would have to call to get new SIM card, and that once I got it, the process will take 48-72 hours to get my phone activated by the “back office.” I am now going to start the process of canceling everything and returning the phone. I’m done. This has been the worst experience I’ve ever had. And if you post on here it looks like if they don’t like what you say they will delete the post. Advice for potential customers: It might work out for you, but if it doesn’t there is no resolve or fix. It’s not worth the frustration.
Frequent Visitor

Canceling my service

It says on the XM website that if I cancel my service I have the option to either payoff my phone or continue the monthly installments until the phone is mine. Is this still true if I couldn’t activate it? This would be the most convienient for me, and would be more than willing to do even though I couldn’t use your service.(which I wanted to but you keep sending the wrong SIM card to me.) Do you unlock the phone so that I can use it with another service? I called in and since the wait time is 35-50 minutes I opted to hold my place for a call back. Would like to know if this is an option for me before they call me back. Thanks
Frequent Visitor

Re: Canceling my service

I got my call back. Service is cancelled but I can pay on my phone. Unfortunately, my phone will not be unlocked until I pay it in full.
Official Employee

Mfisher1I hate to hear that you're canceling. I'm not sure why we weren't able to activate the sim card over the phone. I can send you another if you change your mind.

Expert
Moved:

This is a placeholder for a post that was moved to a secure location because it violates the forum guidelines.

Official Employee

Re: Canceling my service

Mfisher1, glad you got your call back and the info you need. Post again if you need further assistance.