Community Forum

Xfinity Cell phone not ringing, going to voicemail

Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity Cell phone not ringing, going to voicemail

This started happening to me about 10 days ago. I have been using my new Samsung Note 10 phone for 4-5 months, receiving calls OK, and had done nothing to change any settings. I tried anything I could think of, including turning the phone off and on,  and then called Comcast. The young lady who I finally got to talk to was super nice and helpful. Suggested putting the phone on airplabe mode for a couple of minutes. That did not solve the problem. Then she said reset the network (in settings), that always works. And it did. But my problem is that it is happening again and again. It happened aagin today, and this time it was fixed by turning the phone off and back on. Obviously this is a Comcast network problem, because I'd changed nothing on my phone. I just hope that Comcast will take a serious look and fix it. It is quite inconvenient

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity Cell phone not ringing, going to voicemail

Check to see if you have slipped into  DO NOT Disturb mode or a scheduled Do NOT Disturb event.  That is what happens when you are in Do Not Disturb....  calls do not ring and go to voice mail.