Community Forum

XM iPhone Unlock = Frustration

New Poster

XM iPhone Unlock = Frustration

I just activated a new iPhone 8+ w XM. 

I called in requesting to unlock my phone. The rep explained to me that the phone could not be unlocked in the first 100 days of having the account/device and the device must be paid in full. 

I went with XM because when I stopped at a store they explained that unlocking my phone wouldn't be an issue. I also extensivly researched the forums and the information I found made it seem that this could be done once the phone was active and if the account was in good status. 

Need an unlock to be able to use my sim when I travel out of the country for work - which happens frequently. 

Does anybody know what the actual policy is for this? If I can't unlock the device I will have to return the phone and buy the phone direct from Apple. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: XM iPhone Unlock = Frustration

@swanziewrote:

I just activated a new iPhone 8+ w XM. 

I called in requesting to unlock my phone. The rep explained to me that the phone could not be unlocked in the first 100 days of having the account/device and the device must be paid in full. 

I went with XM because when I stopped at a store they explained that unlocking my phone wouldn't be an issue. I also extensivly researched the forums and the information I found made it seem that this could be done once the phone was active and if the account was in good status. 

Need an unlock to be able to use my sim when I travel out of the country for work - which happens frequently. 

Does anybody know what the actual policy is for this? If I can't unlock the device I will have to return the phone and buy the phone direct from Apple. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Here are the currently posted rules:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/115004305128/am-i-eligible-to-unlock-my-phone