Community Forum

XFINITY Secure WIFI CA Certificate Required for Note 8

Regular Visitor

XFINITY Secure WIFI CA Certificate Required for Note 8

Since update to version 8.0 Wifi is not connecting to secured XFINITY however it connects to xfinitywifi without any issue. I called customer service but they coundn't understand and asked me to Factory reset my phone, I did that after backing up my data but didn't resolve the issue. I have been asked multiple times to unistall and install Xfinitiy Hotspot app which I did. I was also sent to Xfinity service center but they said we cannot resolve mobile issue. 

The issue is that when I tried to connect to XFINITY it asks the following:

EAP Method

Phase 2 Authentication

Select CA Certificate

Identity

Password.

I wasn't the case before the update. Atatched is the picture. Thanks.

CA issue.jpg
Official Employee

Re: XFINITY Secure WIFI CA Certificate Required for Note 8

SNBNJ, Are you seeing this certificate error at the same Hotspot location? Have you tried another location?

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Hello Ken.  I have this problem as well when attempting to connect to "XFINITY" secure wifi hotspot, but not with "XFINITY WIFI" wifi hotspot.  I am using an Android unlocked phone running Android 6.

Official Employee

Fremont-CA, I'm seeing a trend with Samsung devices here-- your case is a little different because it's a BYOD android device which we won't support until later this year. My question above applies to you too though!

Frequent Visitor

Hi Ken.  I was under the impression that the Xfinity Wifi app will connect to both "XFINITY WIFI" and "XFINITY" wifi hotspots as long as your have the Xfinity logon credential.  Using the Xfinity Mobile service was not a requirement, you just have to be a Comcast Xfinity subscriber.  Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks. Best.

Official Employee

Hi Ken.  I was under the impression that the Xfinity Wifi app will connect to both "XFINITY WIFI" and "XFINITY" wifi hotspots as long as your have the Xfinity logon credential.  Using the Xfinity Mobile service was not a requirement, you just have to be a Comcast Xfinity subscriber.  Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks. Best.

Yes, this is true, but only for devices that are not using XFINITY Mobile service. If you have a phone from any other carrier, the app will work as intended, but if you are using XFINITY mobile, the app disables autoconnect because XFINITY Mobile already provides that feature with service. So they cancel each other out. 

Yes, this is true. Using the XFINITY Mobile service is not a requirement to use the WiFi app.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you, Ken.  I use T-Mobile as the carrier for the phone I mentioned earlier.  Best.

Official Employee

Oh Got it. So you are a T-Mobile customer having hotspot connection issues? If so, I don't think you're in the right thread. If so, I can move you to your own and we can continue there. 

KenF

Regular Visitor

I am having this issue at every hotspot. I have two Note 8 both from Xfinity mobile and both have the same problem after the update to 8.0. 

Official Employee

SNBNJ, OK.Please send me a private message with your full name and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Official Employee

SNBNJ, glad to hear you were able to get pass the certificate error by putting your user log in into the certificate. Post again if you need anything. 

KEnF