Community Forum

X Charge continues to not connect to wifi automatically. Shows wifi's as Disabled.

Highlighted
New Poster

X Charge continues to not connect to wifi automatically. Shows wifi's as Disabled.

We purchased 3 LG X Charge phones and activated them in December. The phones are located at three different houses with 3 different wireless routers. At first my phone would always connect to my home wifi 2.4Ghz or 5.0Ghz. It would never auto connect to any Xfinity wifi hotspots outside the house. I could connect each time mannually. Lately, if I connect to an Xfinity hotspot when I come home my phone will not auto connect to the home wifi. The wifi is listed but shows "disabled". I can mannually connect it fine. The other two phones are having the same issue. I have great Wifi coverage throughout my house. My wifi settings are as follows:

Auto-Connect to XFINITY WiFi = off (I've tried turning on and off a few times and sometimes this improves things for a while)

Wi-Fi notification = on (I do get notices that wifi's are available

Switch to mobile data = on

Passpoint = off

The last software update on my phone was Dec 23, 2017.

I have Xfinity Wifi Settings and Mobile Hotspot apps installe. 

Any advise would be appreciated. 

Official Employee

Re: X Charge continues to not connect to wifi automatically. Shows wifi's as Disabled.

mtboulder, thanks for reaching out. Let's take a look at your auto connect issue. A few things: do you have the XFINITY wiFi app installed on your phone? If so, please delete it. Your device won't autoconnect with it there (because it performs the same function so they cancel each other out). Additionally, have you tried testing the autoconnect feature while in safe mode? 

Contributor

Re: X Charge continues to not connect to wifi automatically. Shows wifi's as Disabled.

I just PMd you re a similar issue. But xfinity mobile customer support on the phone does not know about the app. They kept telling me it NEEDS to be installed. I know for a fact this is incorrect since it's an issue I've been dealing with since June 2017
Official Employee

I just PMd you re a similar issue. But xfinity mobile customer support on the phone does not know about the app. They kept telling me it NEEDS to be installed. I know for a fact this is incorrect since it's an issue I've been dealing with since June 2017

kamee2109, got your PM. 

Administrator

@mtboulder,

We apologize that you have experienced issues with the wifi on your mobile phone. I have received a solution from our developers that should resolve your issue. Can you please turn ON the Auto-Connect to Xfinity option under the Advanced WiFi Settings on your Android device? Also, you will need to set your phone to forget the network "xfinitywifi". When "xfinitywifi" is manually saved in a device, it will no longer be managed by the WiFi Connection Manager.

Please let us know if this resolves your issues. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I think the phones will by default use up your paid LTE data even if you have xfinity hotspots available so that you use up more data so that they can sell you more GB in your data plan. You can manually disable LTE data in the settings, its just a pain because you have to manually re-enable LTE service everytime you are in a rural area or an area without xfinity service. Comcasts way of doing shady business to get more money from you. 

Contributor

I think the phones will by default use up your paid LTE data even if you have xfinity hotspots available so that you use up more data so that they can sell you more GB in your data plan. You can manually disable LTE data in the settings, its just a pain because you have to manually re-enable LTE service everytime you are in a rural area or an area without xfinity service. Comcasts way of doing shady business to get more money from you. 

Bzzzzttttt, wrong. There is a configuration problem in your phone. There was advice in prior postings on how to resolve the issue. I have no problems connecting to WiFi on known WiFi networks or Xfinity hotspots. By default WiFi is selected over LTE when WiFi (known to the device) is available. I would suggest you do a little trouble shooting on your device, remove any Xfinity profiles or XfinityWireless known networks from your device. Then restart your device and reinstall the necessary profiles and software.

The problem is with you and your device, not Xfinity. Posting twice in different forums with no effort to locate the issue is nothing but complaining instead of trying to find a resolution.

Regular Visitor

Same problem with my LG XCharge. Now when you folks refer to the Xfinity Wifi app are referring to the Xfi app or the Xfinity Hotspot app? I ask because since I jumped on board with Xfinity Mobile back in November and since maybe the first day my phone has refused to connect to the secured XFINITY hotspots altogether and requires that I manually connect to the unsecured xfinitywifi hotspots except for brief hours after visiting my local XFINITY mobile store and having them poke around. I don't go in afterward and change anything but I got so frustrated that I popped the sim card into an old Verizon windows phone I have. Had to sacrifice picture messaging because I guess there must be some setting that eludes me and the phone registers as being on Verizon so it's kind of weird and it can't even see the 5.0 ghz signal at home but it connects to the xfinitywifi without issue and automatically to boot. The fact that I have a ton of apps on it already (several games and many useful apps) and still have more than 5 gb of space on it is just icing on the cake. I'll be copying my music collection over shortly. That LG XCharge, between all the Xfinity Apps, a few financial apps, all those stupid useless google apps (including Gmail because I couldn't do jack with it except read emails. Deleting and Searching refused to work) that cannot be uninstalled, I only had 2 games and 3 albums worth of mp3 files on there before it complained about needing more space.
If you folks are indeed talking about the Xfi app, then get your game together and fix it because why should your customers have to sacrifice home network management for their phone to work right.
Official Employee

Hello all, have you tried the steps that Comcastjessie mentioned above to enable your device to connect to secure hot spots automatically? If not please do so now. You can also click on this link for more directions on how to connect to Wi-Fi hot spots in your area. 

New Poster

Sorry for the delay in responding. I did have the Xfinity Hotspots app on my phone. I have now deleted that. Auto-Connect to Xfinity WiFi is turned 'on'. I have manually hit 'forget' on the Xfinitywifi connection. I'll let you know if this works.  Thank you.

Official Employee

Sorry for the delay in responding. I did have the Xfinity Hotspots app on my phone. I have now deleted that. Auto-Connect to Xfinity WiFi is turned 'on'. I have manually hit 'forget' on the Xfinitywifi connection. I'll let you know if this works.  Thank you.

Sounds good!

New Poster

I just wanted to respond to say that I think it was ignorant to suggest the problem here is with the user. Stating the problem is with "YOU and your settings". Apparently there is a problem with the settings. But not everyone can fix that on their own. I am having the same issue myself, which is what brings me here. I have the settings all set as instructed, yet still have the issue. Perhaps there is an underlying issue that you are not aware of. May I suggest you submit a trouble ticket to have this looked into on a deeper level?

People come here for help not criticism. The person posted on more than one thread because they are frustrated, they are trying to find an answer. Telling someone they are the problem when they are already frustrated is not the way to handle the situation. My friend, this is a customer service position that you are in. Clearly, you are in the wrong field. Perhaps you should switch career paths. Try corrections. It may be more suitable for you.

Please learn to be kind. God Bless.

New Poster

I have the same problem as well. It would be great if someone here can help.

New Poster

I recently changed phones from an iphone 4s to aDroid x2, both CDMA.  While I had no trouble connecting with my Xfinity wifi with the iphone, The droid just keeps going from "remembered to disabled".

Any ideas?

Contributor

@Ginaberrie wrote:

My friend, this is a customer service position that you are in. Clearly, you are in the wrong field..

Please learn to be kind. God Bless.

Bzzzttttt, wrong. I am not in customer service. Where you got that impression is unknown. What field I am in becomes irrelevant at this point. Please learn to not assume something of which you have no knowledge. God Bless
Contributor

I have the same issue. My home wifi network is showing Disabled on my new Xfinity Android. My other Android with Verizon connects to my network with no problem; my iPhone, iPad, iMac, 2 Windows laptops, 1 Windows 10 Desktop, Kindle, 2 Kindle Fires, and a Windows Tablet - all connect with no issues. 

I have followed the steps marked as the correct answer, but it does not solve the problem. I just started with this service and so far, I'm not impressed. Last week I received my device and the display was defective and now this is the replacement and it won't do one of the most basic things. Come on.  I've been a Comcast customer for years and I have Triple Play, but this situation is making me seriously reconsider my options. This is ridiculous. 

New Poster

I need help, I'm having the same issue. My Xfinity wifi disables on it's own. I'm not trying to access hotspot, I'm trying to connect to my own Xfinity wifi.

New Poster

I've tried the solutions listed above and none of them work on my LG X Charge. I still lose Xfinity's wifi connection, it becomes disabled quite frequently. Any other suggestions would be helpful.