Community Forum

Wrong cell sent!

Highlighted
New Poster

Wrong cell sent!

This is the worst thing that a parent would ever want to happen. My daughter asked for the iphone 8 plus for Xmas and that was the ONLY GIFT she wanted, so I decided to purchase her Christmas gift through my Xfinity.... WHAT A BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!! The only easy part was ordering the phone on line. 1st error  when I order the cell it stated that it would have to be signed for... NOT!!! left at entry of our home, (could have been easily stolen) I thought that was great because I wanted it to be a surprise. I went on to purchase all kinds of assessors for my child Xmas since she was only getting the cell. the day is here Dec.24th the kids begged to open their gifts EARLY. so since Im  the wonderful mom that I'm I  let them. I would give ANYTHING to erase the hurt/disappoint on my daughter's face I'm sure she was crying on the inside she is so humble. she just said it'S ok people make mistakes. I cried that night because she didn't have Xmas. We called on that same night(12/24/19) and spoke to Alex he seemed to be concerned. I was told to return it to the nearest one to me which is 30min away and Alex ensured My daughter and I no worries because Xfinity dropped the ball as long as the cell was not use and I had all the material that it was sent with. the cell was NEVER taken out the box! smh... As directed I go there and 2nd mistake!! the cell CANT be returned there so I was given a # 1-866-461-0805 to call, GUESS WHAT this is the wrong number!!! this number is for employees go figure, At this point I have to just scream, after about  30 min of being on hold, I speak to a floor manger Amanda and a supervisor by the name of drum roll please Alex... so now I know that the males that work there are all named Alex, He tells me that I CAN NOT EXCHANGE!! GET REFUND!! NOTHING and thank me for being a customer. oh and the email for corporate. THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT CUSTOMERS..... Come on people the cell has never been touched, never turn on, still in box ALL I WANTED AND STILL WANT IS THE GIVE MY DAUGHTER HER XMAS GIFT THAT GOLD IPHONE 8+..... why is this so HARD to FIX??????????????? PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE ANYONE HELP??????????

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Wrong cell sent!

There were 14 days from when the phone was shipped to initiate a return or exhange. Were you within that window?

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/returns-and-exchanges 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

It was a gift didnt open till xmas eve, just sad no one has emailed or call I just what the right cell Xfinity are really horrible becuase its a simple fix . Thanks you offer support before they did.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi 1BigMistake, I apologize for not reaching out sooner thank you for your patience, and for contacting us through the Forum. I am sorry to hear you are having so much trouble with trying to get your device exchanged. I will be happy to investigate this for you, I have some questions pertaining to the device and order.

When was your order submitted? You mentioned you want to give your daughter her “Gold iPhone 8+*, there was no mention of what device was received. Can you tell me what you received? When you noticed it was the incorrect device, how soon did you call in to report this? How much time passed from when you called to when you went to the store?

Time is of the essence when it comes to any electronic or big purchase. Per our buyer’s remorse return and exchange policy, you have 14 days from the shipping date or activation date which ever was first to exchange or return your device. There may be little or nothing that can be done, I would like to see what we can do on our end for you. Can you please send me a private message with the information I requested above, and include the following information please; your first and last name, the full-service address for your residential account, the last 4 digits of the stored payment method on file, and finally your mobile number?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!