Community Forum

Worst mobile phone experience of my life...

New Poster

Worst mobile phone experience of my life...

Long time Comcast customer to the tune of $200+/mo. in services, excited by the savings potential offered by Xfinity mobile service (i.e. $12/gig).

Brought my wife's account and mine over from AT&T via new phones several months ago. Service is OK, but our data usage has gone way up despite our not having changed our habits, so anticipated savings not really happening.

Then tried to bring over two of my children's accounts, one via BYOB device with new Xfinity SIM card and one new phone purchase. Total nightmare and utter shipwreck. After over 3.5 hours on phone with customer service, including 1.5 hours tonight, I'm left with two kids whose existing phones have been rendered inoperative for over 24 hours by Comcast's complete incompetence with no resolution in sight.

Will be taking the whole account back to AT&T and looking to bring my relationship with Comcast to an end overall. I don't think I can remember experiencing this level of incompetence and complete lack of concern for the problems they are causing in my entire adult life.

MY TWO CENTS ON THE EXPERIENCE...STAY AWAY FROM XFINITY MOBILE AT ANY COST!

New Poster

Re: Worst mobile phone experience of my life...

I spent a good portion of my day trying to change my phone number. They finally managed to change it, but they gave me a phone number that was out of my area code! I was told that the computer picks the number and they might be out of numbers in my area. So my entire area code is used up? We're not talking about a number local to my city, but the actual area code! I cannot believe this company is this incompetent. I am looking to switch. If there was another company or fiber overbuilder in my area I would pay extra money to leave this lousy company.