Community Forum

Will this work for the BYOD iPhone promotion?

New Poster

Will this work for the BYOD iPhone promotion?

My wife is currently on Verizon with a iPhone 6s. She wants to upgrade to an iPhone XR, and we also want to move her over to Xfinity Mobile. Would she still qualify for the $100 gift card if:

• She buys a new iPhone directly from Apple
  • Never activates it on Verizon
  • Orders a SIM card from Xfinity
  • Port Verizon number to Xfinity
  • Activite Xfinity Mobile on the new iPhone 

Apple offers the option to buy an unlocked and SIM-free iPhone; I assume that would be the best option for this.

We're basically trying to avoid paying Verizon an activation fee for the XR; we also don't want her to get stuck with the iPhone 6s any longer waiting to qualify for an upgrade through Xfinity. And, of course, we want to make sure she qualifies for the promotion!

Thanks for any tips.

New Poster

Re: Will this work for the BYOD iPhone promotion?

Would be great to get an answer from Comcast. Smiley Happy

Frequent Visitor

Yes it would work, the only requirement is you bring your own iPhone and port a number from another carrier. 

Official Employee

astronautcowboy, 

Thanks for reaching out on the forums. Yes, you would qualify in that situation. The only requirement is that you active service on a BYOD device, port the number, and remain in good standing. During the activation process, the phone's credentials (IMEI) will be needed to confirm the device's compatibility. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!