Community Forum

Wifi calling

New Poster

Wifi calling

You guys are starting to lose my patience.  When in the heck is wifi calling coming?  Its Feb already.  Lets get it together or start losing customers.

Regular Contributor

Re: Wifi calling

they dont have any  info  right now on when Wifi calling  is  comeing   you may need a wait a lot longer  

Official Employee

Hello crodz13, the information that (snow7551) shared is correct. Please check back in with us in a few months for an update. 

Official Employee
Frequent Visitor

What about this ? https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/360000126366/what-is-wifi-calling. Seems it's almost ready as of 2/2/18 but I can't get my iphone 7 to activiate it yet. Probably need XM to push out a carrier settings update to enable it.

Frequent Visitor

Read this https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/360000126366/what-is-wifi-calling. Still need XM to push a carrier settings update to enable WIFI calling function. My iphone 7 is on cutting edge of updates and it's not there yet.

Official Employee

WiFi Calling is now here for all customers using iPhone 6 or newer. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Why can't I enable it on my iphone 7 running IOS 11.3 with XFINITY Mobile carrier setting version 31.5? Under Settings>Cellular>Xfinity Mobile I still don't have the required oiption to enable WIFI calling. I still only have "Calls on other Devices When Nearby" setting.  Any thoughts?

Official Employee

Why can't I enable it on my iphone 7 running IOS 11.3 with XFINITY Mobile carrier setting version 31.5? Under Settings>Cellular>Xfinity Mobile I still don't have the required oiption to enable WIFI calling. I still only have "Calls on other Devices When Nearby" setting.  Any thoughts?

jdclifford,

Have you tried to push the carrier settings by doing this:

1. Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see an option to update your carrier settings.

If that doesn't work, I recommend powering off your device and popping out the sim card for a minute and then putting it back in and retrying. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Did all that earlier today BEFORE I posted here. Just tried it again and still nothing to enable wifi calling feature. Something must be hanging up the provisioning at your end. When did you push out carrier profile update to enable this? What is version #?

Official Employee

jdclifford, I would assume we sent the carrier update on Friday. I am not aware of the specific version as forum users have posted different, successful versions on other threads. 

You may need an updated sim card to resolve this. Please send me a private message with your full name, account number (residential) and your address so I can get this done for you. 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I don’t believe the carrier update that is bundled with the public iOS beta supports WiFi calling with Xfinity. It’s newer than what is being pushed out via OTA.

I too had the same issue when running the beta, and downgraded to 11.2.5 which has an earlier version of the carrier update and the WiFi calling appeared.

Now I just have to get it to accept my address for 911 services. The replacement SIM card didn’t fix the issue.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info. I think I'll wait until the 911 address issue is resolved b4 I downgrade from IOS 11.3 beta 2 which I installed this afternoon. Please post when you have the 911 issue resolved.

Frequent Visitor

I downgraded from iOS beta this afternoon and was able to get wifi calling enabled. It took several restarts before I could input the e911 address, but it did eventually work. Eventually I shut down and removed the SIM card, restarted, shutdown, replaced the SIM, restarted and it all came together. Not sure what actually did it. I think I did a total of 6 or 7 restarts and got several popups telling me to call Xfinity for help before it finally allowed me to move the WiFi Calling slider and it took.

Carrier Services v. 31.1 for iOS 11.2.5 vs. 31.5 for the beta. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks. I did the same thing earlier with success. Was feeling lucky so I reapplied the 11.3 beta 2 update and it blew up the wifi calling. So back to 11.2.5 for now. XM needs to get some serious tech support if it was to be thought of as a real MVNO carrier. 

Official Employee

I downgraded from iOS beta this afternoon and was able to get wifi calling enabled. It took several restarts before I could input the e911 address, but it did eventually work. Eventually I shut down and removed the SIM card, restarted, shutdown, replaced the SIM, restarted and it all came together. Not sure what actually did it. I think I did a total of 6 or 7 restarts and got several popups telling me to call Xfinity for help before it finally allowed me to move the WiFi Calling slider and it took.

Carrier Services v. 31.1 for iOS 11.2.5 vs. 31.5 for the beta. 

Thanks for posting this, rmnelson. I've heard from several other forums users that they also had to restart their device a few times before they could activate the feature. 

New Poster

I just checked the setting on my iPhone 7plus and wifi calling is now working.  woohoo

New Poster

Just a note....Make sure to enable cellular data before trying to activate wifi calling for the first time.  I keep my cell data off indefinitely unless I need it.  When trying to activate wifi calling I received an error message over and over said something to the effect of "contact xfinity mobile to activate this feature".  Once I turned on my cell data I then was able to activate wifi calling.  Once wifi calling activated I turned off cell data again.  Everything seems okay now.

Contributor

Doesn't work for me. Cell data is on.
Official Employee

ctromp wrote: Doesn't work for me. Cell data is on.

Are you trying to activate this feature on an IPhone or Apple device? If so please click on this link to activate your Wi-Fi calling feature. 

Contributor

Trying on iPhone x and iPhone 6. No go. Xfinity store yesterday switched sim and couldn't get to work. So they called customer service who couldn't help either. I was told "it just won't work on your devices". What? These are approved devices. I'm looking for resolution please.
Official Employee

Trying on iPhone x and iPhone 6. No go. Xfinity store yesterday switched sim and couldn't get to work. So they called customer service who couldn't help either. I was told "it just won't work on your devices". What? These are approved devices. I'm looking for resolution please.

ctromp, I've responded to your private message so we will continue the conversation there.