Community Forum

WiFi hotspots

Frequent Visitor

WiFi hotspots

I'm probably not on the right board but I'm sure someone will redirect me if I'm not.   

I've been using a hotspot for the past year or so without a problem.  In fact, the service was fantastic.  Anyway, we had a major storm here last week that knocked out power and internet service.  I wasn't affected where I am but I don't know where the hotspot(s) is/are.  So I lost internet for about a  day but when it came back the signal was a little weaker and I cannot connect on the iphone or ipad anymore.  It shows the xfinitywifi network but when the devices try to connect, it says no internet connection.  I'm baffled by this, Apple couldn't help and neither could xfinity "hotspot team" for what they're worth.  

The apple devices connect to wifi everywhere else but right here, any  hotspot or other home networks.  Can anyone shed light on this issue.  I'm mystified.

Contributor

Re: WiFi hotspots

There is a Nationwide Xfinity internet outage today. Check http://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity
Frequent Visitor

This didn't just happen today.  I'm online with my laptop on a hotspot.  Anyway, the last time I clicked on that it basically said that I was on a ban and if I wanted it lifted, it would cost me $200.  

Highlighted
Problem Solver

That doesn't sound like a Comcast message.  Perhaps a Trojan?

Frequent Visitor

I think so.  I ran malware check and then checked the map again and no message.  

Frequent Visitor

Does anyone know what the number after the xfinitywifi means?  I've seen 2 and 3 and now 4.

Frequent Visitor

I don't know what happened, but wifi reappeared today on my ipad and phone just as mysteriously as it disappeared.