Community Forum

WiFi calling frequent drops and call failed issues

Frequent Visitor

Re: WiFi calling frequent drops and call failed issues

As our we all!
Frequent Visitor

Calls failing this morning on latest iOS.
Frequent Visitor

Day 2 of testing - so far so good. Made an inbound call and it worked. Dropped a call last night, but that is because my phone decided it had no signal - expected drop even if it shouldn't have happened (should have been on XM Wi-Fi) - still this is an improvement.

Regular Contributor

That’s the whole point. It doesn’t stay on XM WIFI when it should.
Frequent Visitor

Agree - and it has been better, however if I have 2 bars of service (that's new) I switch off of XM WiFi. I think it is trying to be 'smart' about using it, which seems dumb - if I have WiFi use WiFi, regardless of cell coverage. However, I've definitely been working better today.

Frequent Visitor

While it seems like it’s working better, I also don’t see XM WiFi anymore. So it’s probably using cell regardless?

Either way, I am glad we are diagnosing xfinity/apples problem for them.
New Poster

I too have the same issue with wifi call dropping every time, even when I'm within a few feet of my router.  My calls are dropped within about 1 or 2 minutes of connecting.   I've turned off wifi calling feature for now until this is resolved.

Frequent Visitor

Well. While it was better for a time, it would seem we're back to where we started. Incoming and outgoing callos fail, XM WiFi is ... spotty at best.

It seems better, but is still pretty terrible.

And while I've also not had terrible speeds, we were out and about in NH amd went for dinner. We had COMBINED 0.03 Mbs/sec in the restaurant. That um, is bad. To say the least. It may have been isolated thougyh to just that place, <Edited>

New Poster

Is there a solution for this? We need the WiFi calling for work!!
Thanks
Regular Contributor

Yes there is. Switching carriers is still the only thing that works. Xfinity does not care about fixing this. My guess is they never will. They never even admitted that this is their problem
New Poster

Crazy! It worked fine at our old house but not here. Same phones. Am I missing something? Isn’t it supposed to be using WI-FI?
Regular Contributor

I’ve tried everything and every level of Xfinity support. Different wifi networks, results the same. WIFI calling not usable. 1 year later nothing changed for me.
Contributor

@Gracieroo wrote:
Crazy! It worked fine at our old house but not here. Same phones. Am I missing something? Isn’t it supposed to be using WI-FI?

Did your old house have a stronger signal? Seems the problem happens at places where the signal is relatively weak.

Regular Contributor

@UnhappyExATT wrote:
I’ve tried everything and every level of Xfinity support. Different wifi networks, results the same. WIFI calling not usable. 1 year later nothing changed for me.

Opposite experience here - I have to use WiFi calling in my home often, same as I did with Verizon - because that's the lowest cell signal I get anywhere.  If I don't have it enabled I will often have poor call quality or drops - and if I am in the basement, no calls without WiFi.  WiFi calling is clear and solid - don't think I have had any dropped calls with it at home.

My biggest issue, and I don't know if it is an iOS13 /iPhone 11 issue or an Xfinity issue, is that with WiFi calling, I don't get any voicemail sent to my phone, so I have to remember to turn it off to get voicemail to sync up with the phone.  That was never a problem with Verizon/iOS12/iPhone XS.  That's the problem with changing so many things at once - hard to know where the problem is.

iPhone 11 Pro
Watch Series 4 Blk Stainless