Community Forum

WiFi calling frequent drops and call failed issues

Regular Visitor

Re: WiFi calling frequent drops and call failed issues

Why it’s Xfinity of course and this is how they operate!
At least they are consistent.
Contributor

I guess it's hard to fix when it's not your network

Contributor

Fixing the problem is one thing. That part may be hard. Proper communication with customers and providing support is another. They just act like they don’t give a rat’s a## about any of this.
Regular Contributor

@N4NET wrote:

They are a VNMO for Verizon.  I came from Verizon after many years and had no such issues in any way.  

Highlighted
Contributor

@HD-Tech wrote:

@N4NET wrote:

They are a VNMO for Verizon.  I came from Verizon after many years and had no such issues in any way.  

You're assuming the same quality of service for VNMO and direct customers. Wouldn't you think they prioritize their network?

Regular Contributor

@N4NET wrote:

@HD-Tech wrote:

@N4NET wrote:

You're assuming the same quality of service for VNMO and direct customers. Wouldn't you think they prioritize their network?

Its a fair point.  However, there are certainly contractual obligations that were agreed to at the formation of the partnership.  Its up to Xfinity to push to Verizon for proper support.  My fear is that there is a lack of expertise on the Xfinity side to know how to get this fixed. 

Regular Visitor

Any of you on this board who think that fixing the dropped call problem is only a matter of time, it's just not going to happen in your lifetime. I signed with Xfinity in August 2017, based on the promise that voice over wifi was on the way. Around February 2018, it was finally delivered, and it didn't work. Exactly the same problems met by the same denials, excuses, promises and doesn't-work-arounds as you are still hearing today, if they bother to respond at all. 

I stopped it to see if there has been any progress at all since I gave up on trying to get support in June 2018. Nothing, and I mean nothing, has changed, not even the excuses.

@HD-Tech wrote:

@N4NET wrote:

@HD-Tech wrote:

@N4NET wrote:

Its a fair point.  However, there are certainly contractual obligations that were agreed to at the formation of the partnership.  Its up to Xfinity to push to Verizon for proper support.  My fear is that there is a lack of expertise on the Xfinity side to know how to get this fixed. 

At this point, I'm just waiting a few more months when the phone is paid for, and I'm out the door to a different carrier. Event CenturyLink is better than I've ever gotten out of these turkeys.

Official Employee

Hi All, 

Sorry to hear about your WiFi calling issues. I have seen threads like this in forums and it seems to be affecting some iPhone customers. 

Has anyone attempted to swap out their sim card for a new one? Have we tries testing wifi calling while connected to another wiFi network? 

Please excuse me if this was mentioned earlier or in the parent thread--I want to make sure we are ruling out as many variables as possible. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Ken

I believe if you actually read the thread you’ll see that both of your inquiries have been tried by many Xfinity Mobile customers to no avail. Xfinity ought to stop offering iPhone availability to customers until they are fully compatible with their network.
Frequent Visitor

Hi ComcastKenF- we have all tried those things. I documented in an earlier post that I am on my 4th card. The funny thing is, you mention that you have seen similar threads to this one. The fact is, you were chiming in on this thread back in April 2018 when it was started. Yes, this thread has been open for almost a year. 9 pages of dissatisfied customers. The fact that even someone who has offered this exact solution a year ago does not even recall it, should be a wake up call to the company (in which I work for as well) to get it fixed.
Official Employee

Ken

I believe if you actually read the thread you’ll see that both of your inquiries have been tried by many Xfinity Mobile customers to no avail. Xfinity ought to stop offering iPhone availability to customers until they are fully compatible with their network.

authenticpaul, I appreciate you taking the time to inform me about what was discussed in the thread. Have you personally given XFINITY Mobile support a call regarding your wiFi calling concerns? We'll want to get a ticket opened with Tier 2 so this is tracked until a resolution is made. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes l’ve spoken to Xfinity, as has most everyone else here.
This ridiculousness of this situation and how it isn’t being addressed is laughable.
I’m not sure that your chiming in is helpful.
New Poster

I tried the suggestions and it's actually getitng worse.  All, and I do mean All, incoming calls get Call Failure now and outgoing calls get disconnected after 5-10 minutes.  

As a matter of fact, while I was on the phone with Xfinity about getting the settings changed the call was dropped.  I had to call back over 5 times to get the settings changed and it ended up making matters worse.

Frequent Visitor

Hi Ken - Glad to see someone from XM chiming in. While I appreciate the suggestion on the SIM card, I agree with other posters that multiple users in this forum have tried swapping SIMS. I know that many of us have also contacted support and been referred to tier 2. At this point I have no fewer than three open tickets with tier 2 about the same issue and I get the exact same response that the issue is being worked on, however I have seen no evidence to that effect.

None of the recommended troubleshooting has worked and despite multiple escalations of the issue with support, XM continues to disappoint.

I have reset network settings, restored my phone to factory settings (3x), and performed a myriad of other troubleshooting tips to no avail. The recommended apn setting changes noted above have also made my problem worse and I am now dropping calls both on and off WiFi. The service is actually getting less reliable and I will say it is pretty maddening.

I have also sent a link of this forum to apple in the hopes that XM engineers and apple could get linked up to identify a solution, but this also has not worked yet. I understand software updates take time, it we are well over a year on this issue according to users on the forum. This problem is pervasive with iPhone and there is no evident effort to correct the issue.

Whatever you can do on your end to raise this issue to the attention of whoever needs to know would be appreciated. I would consider myself in the camp of customers who are looking at other options because the reliability of XM is really in question. If I am unable to make or receive calls without persistent drops and failed calls this is significantly disruptive for my work and personal matters.
Contributor

Ken,

A few thoughts:

- Problem is happening on both iphones in my family. If both SIM cards are bad, something is really messed up with Xfinity SIM cards

- Most of us have come from other carriers with iphones where our wifi calling worked perfectly fine on the same Comcast wifi network we are using today. That said, I have anecdotal evidence that Comcast's side of the network exhibits different behavior in different regions. Not sure how the wifi phone service ultimately gets routed to the cellular network, but it behaves as though we get booted from the wifi service every once in a while -- from somewhere deep in the Comcast network 

- It appears the iphone tends to prefer a weak cellular signal after getting booted from the wifi network, which exacerbates the problem by introducing a poor cellular network into the equation, virtually guaranteeing poor call quality or call failure. This is why some posters report that switching into airplane mode improves the behavior significantly

- For me, even airplane mode results in a few drops where the XM Wi-Fi indicator drops for brief periods of time. Presumably, Android phones might have better retry logic. It's as if the iPhone always attempts to retry on cellular after a wifi blip, dropping the call pretty quickly in airplane mode

- Finally, one other completely reproducible issue I see is whenever I arrive home while driving, calls always drop when my cellular signal dimishes and the phone attempts to switch to Wifi calling. I could almost live with that one since it is so predictable.

You're welcome to send a tech over to get on my wifi and sit here or outside my house making calls all day. I'm pretty sure you would reproduce the problem and figure it out rather quickly.

Contributor

Does F on KenF stand for funny?
Is nobody at Xfinity aware of this major issue that we’re dealing with? Seriously?! It’s time
Contributor

Yes I’ve called support multiple times. Tried everything and then some. It’s mind blowing that still when calling support nobody is ware of this situation. It’s rather insulting to Xfinity customers. At this point this is laughable
Frequent Visitor

@UnhappyExATT  - I completely agree that it is laughable that no one wans to acknowledge that XM has a problem here.  Looking at all the XM forums, this is by far the busiest forum on the XM support site with over 15k views and nearly 500 responses at this point.    I cannot even recall the number of tech support people and "supervisors" I have spoken with to highlight this problem.  I have even started providing the forum web address to tech support people I speak with to ask them to read it themselves.  

Ken, you guys have a problem and I think we would all like to see evidence of some real solutions here shortly or else you are going to lose a lot of customers.  I was previously with another carrier and had the same router and Internet setup at home and WiFi calling worked flawlessly.  I never dropped calls or had calls fail until I switched to XM.   This same issue is also happening to both iPhones on my account.

Contributor

@ComcastKenF 

I appreciate your addressing the issue, but it seems you haven't read the thread in full, so here are some key points to catch you up:

1. There is a problem with WiFi calling on your network that cannot be solved by tech support because it is endemic to the way XM handles WiFi calling in places with weak cellular service (those who need WiFi calling the most).

2. The problem seems to be between certain phone models (mostly iPhones) and XM's phone carrier settings. When a weak carrier signal goes in and out, the phone errantly attempts to switch from good WiFi to cellular when it becomes available, resulting in many dropped calls.

3. For many or most of us, the problem does not occur if the phone is in airplane mode (cellular radio is off).

4. When I contacted Comcast CEO Brian Roberts, his office called me back and assured me that the problem is known and is being worked on. However this was months ago and people's faith in a fix is understandably waning.

5. This issue is extremely urgent not just because you are losing customers, but because it could be a life or death issue for those who need to contact emergency services. However it is difficult to believe at this point that it is being treated with priority.

6. There is a frustrating disconnect within XM's support culture, as most of the representatives we have spoken with seem oblivious to the issue, despite it being confirmed by the upper support tiers, by management, and by another representative on this forum.

I appreciate that you are in a tough spot trying to help this somewhat disgruntled group, but we need more than tier 1 suggestions at this point. We need either something new to try or straightforward acknowledgement of the issue accompanied by strong assurances that a fix is coming. At this point, there is understandable skepticism that XM possesses either the will or the expertise to address it.

Contributor

Is Ken still reading the thread?
Regular Visitor

Ken,

This issue just goes round and round and round, but nothing good ever happens. Like a broken record. I worked with you at least a year ago about the dropped calls problem. Been there, done that. Even had an Xfinity network tech come out to observe that my wi-fi was working properly. That started because one of your (mobile dept.) people said it must be my network so they transferred me to the other side. Then they hassled me for months trying to collect for a support visit because they didn't find a problem and they consider Xfinity Mobile to be a third world unrelated to the "real" Xfinity.

Been referred to level 2 a couple of times, again with absolutely no progress. Hours and hours on the phone, waiting to talk to someone to hear the same bs about changing sims, airplane mode, etc. 

After a few months, I just gave up on calling/posting and said "screw it" -- I'll go away when the phones are paid for. 

Valued Contributor

@Brucek1 wrote:

I'll go away when the phones are paid for. 

Make sure you get your phones unlocked BEFORE you port your numbers out or otherwise cause your service to be cancelled. They have a policy of unlocking phones only for current customers in good standing.

Contributor

When you pay 30%+ off the retail price of the supplier’s service plan, it’s only natural that you get booted off the network every once in a while.

In that case, the problem is genuinely “unfixable” which explains the lack of a resolution.
Frequent Visitor

@GMoGoody wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if the WiFi hotspot "feature" to limit data usage and keep costs low is complicating this issue. 

I don't know any other provider that has tried this.  In theory

Use Case #1

WiFi Calling Enabled, Strong Cell Signal, Outside home but walking, connected to hotspot

In this case I would want to prioritize Cell becasue I'm on the move

Use Case #2

WiFi Calling Enabled, weak Cell Signal, Outside home but walking, connected to hotspot

Use Case #3

WiFi Calling Enabled, Strong Cell Signal, inside static location on WiFi

In this case prioritization wouldn't really matter

Use Case #4

WiFi Calling Enabled, Weak Cell Signal, inside static location on WiFi

In this case I would want to prioritize WiFi becasue I'm static

I'm still a firm believer it's a combination of network settings, the Iphone and the Use Cases I posted above some time ago. I firmly believe there is nothing the consumer can do and this squarely falls into Comcast's side to fix. I was lucky enough that my lease was up and ended up moving to a location where my cell signal is now stronger. I just keep WiFi Calling off now. 

I still notice how slow the Iphone is to determine there is no connection when walking through the city. It hangs onto Hot Spots and never lets go even though I may be blocks away while walking. This too drives me just as crazy as the WiFi calling issues I used to have. At this point with everything combined the savings isn't worth it anymore. My GF and I are switching once her phone is fully paid off. 

Contributor

@GMoGoody wrote:

@GMoGoody wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if the WiFi hotspot "feature" to limit data usage and keep costs low is complicating this issue. 

I don't know any other provider that has tried this.  In theory

Use Case #1

WiFi Calling Enabled, Strong Cell Signal, Outside home but walking, connected to hotspot

Use Case #2

WiFi Calling Enabled, weak Cell Signal, Outside home but walking, connected to hotspot

Use Case #3

WiFi Calling Enabled, Strong Cell Signal, inside static location on WiFi

In this case prioritization wouldn't really matter

Use Case #4

WiFi Calling Enabled, Weak Cell Signal, inside static location on WiFi

In this case I would want to prioritize WiFi becasue I'm static

I'm still a firm believer it's a combination of network settings, the Iphone and the Use Cases I posted above some time ago. I firmly believe there is nothing the consumer can do and this squarely falls into Comcast's side to fix. I was lucky enough that my lease was up and ended up moving to a location where my cell signal is now stronger. I just keep WiFi Calling off now. 

I still notice how slow the Iphone is to determine there is no connection when walking through the city. It hangs onto Hot Spots and never lets go even though I may be blocks away while walking. This too drives me just as crazy as the WiFi calling issues I used to have. At this point with everything combined the savings isn't worth it anymore. My GF and I are switching once her phone is fully paid off. 

Definitely not worth it.

I got 3 drops yesterday during a business call. Airplane mode was no help.

This is pathetic.

New Poster

It seems from what I’ve read all the answers Xfinity employees give out is less then nothing, no assistance of any kind, no help. So I’ll ask a simple question why doesn’t your system work? Of course you won’t have and answer, you have yet to help any of these people out. Stupid useless Forum why bother wasting ones time.
New Poster

Only had the service for two. More dropped calls then in the last eight years with AT&T. Who else needs to hear about this problem.?
New Poster

They've lost $1.2 BILLION on Xfinity Mobile in it's first 18 months and the losses are accelerating as the subscriber count is increasing. They're not going to keep throwing good money at a bad product. At this point, and for the foreseeable future, it's more profitable for them to lose a mobile customer than keep one (provided losing the customer doesn't also mean losing their internet offering and possibly TV service). Don't anticipate them investing much in fixes that might solve issues for 1%-2% of their money-losing customers.

It's a great product from a price standpoint but we all knew we were making a deal with the devil coming over here. Comcast has some great infrastructure but no one has ever heard glorious tales about Comcast customer service (no offense to the reps on this board, I think we all recognize these unsolved issues are not under your control).

Contributor

@stevebro wrote:

They've lost $1.2 BILLION on Xfinity Mobile in it's first 18 months and the losses are accelerating as the subscriber count is increasing. They're not going to keep throwing good money at a bad product. At this point, and for the foreseeable future, it's more profitable for them to lose a mobile customer than keep one (provided losing the customer doesn't also mean losing their internet offering and possibly TV service). Don't anticipate them investing much in fixes that might solve issues for 1%-2% of their money-losing customers.

It's a great product from a price standpoint but we all knew we were making a deal with the devil coming over here. Comcast has some great infrastructure but no one has ever heard glorious tales about Comcast customer service (no offense to the reps on this board, I think we all recognize these unsolved issues are not under your control).

You make some good points, but my assumption is that Comcast wanted to get everybody on wifi calling for as soon and often as possible in order to bring their costs down. So solving this issue would bring them closer to being able to configure such a thing. Also, I wouldn't scoff at a couple of percent of billions of dollars when looking at their big picture, which (again I assume) involves building their network ecosystem of sorts.

New Poster

Has anyone looked into the equipment the devices are connecting to via wifi?

Are they all Xfinity routers and devices provided by Xfinity directly? Is this happening on thrid party routers also? Is this happening at every location when you connect to the wifi (home, restaurants, stores, etc)? Is this happening on other internet networks (att uverse, cox, frontier, etc)?

I personally have a motorolla surboard modem i purchased and use google wifi for my router. I am thinking about getting XM as i am with tmobile and have been having issues with their wifi calls so it not working wont bother me to much as i already have mine turned off. Tmobile also seems to lay a false trail of "coverage" when i found out this past weekend that even though their is signal you really dont have coverage. Just figured i would chime in to see if there is a common denominator with all the issues.

Contributor

@bwestfall85 wrote:

Has anyone looked into the equipment the devices are connecting to via wifi?

Are they all Xfinity routers and devices provided by Xfinity directly? Is this happening on thrid party routers also? Is this happening at every location when you connect to the wifi (home, restaurants, stores, etc)? Is this happening on other internet networks (att uverse, cox, frontier, etc)?

This is happening on all kinds of equipment. I use a Netgear CM600 modem (purchased for the Broadcom chipset) and a Netgear Nighthawk router. Using this same combo, WiFi calling was flawless with AT&T.

As an IT guy, I am pretty confident based on personal experience and the posts in this thread (I've read them all) that this is an XM carrier settings issue, not specific to any home network hardware.

New Poster

It definetely seems like that but i just didnt see many posts about what equipment they are running. 

Contributor

DO NOT SWITCH TO XM!
I would stay where you are. Xfinity Mobile is not working properly. Company’s handling of this issue and their customers is simply far below any reasonable standards.
New Poster

Just switched entire family from sprint. WiFi calls dropped on all networks with all different model i phones. Absolutely unreliable service. Never had any similar issues with sprint using same phones and networks!
Contributor

Welcom to Xfinity Mobile
I have bad news for you friend.
It will not get any better.
Regular Visitor

If there’s a return policy l’d recommend using it.
Contributor

@Mal5 wrote:
Just switched entire family from sprint. WiFi calls dropped on all networks with all different model i phones. Absolutely unreliable service. Never had any similar issues with sprint using same phones and networks!

Welcome to the WiFi calling support group. 

Since there's no official Xfinity XM FAQ on this. Here are a few ways to mitigate the issue, none of which you'll find terribly satisfying:

1) Switch to Android phones. No one on Android has this issue, apparently. Plus, used iPhones tend to command reasonable prices on eBay

2) Put your phone into airplane mode and wait until XM WiFi shows up at the top. Sometimes it takes a minute or two for the phone to adjust. When in airplane mode, some folks have reported flawless service, while others (like me) have reported a far lower rate of drops.

Now don't forget to exit out of airplane mode when leaving the house -- I say that because invariably you will forget and you'll miss a few calls on the road, which isn't quite as bad as your friends and callers wondering what the heck is wrong with you and your persistent dropped calls.

When you get out of airplane mode, sometimes calls will drop initially and some people suggest flipping the cellular service off and on or some such protocol (better look at older threads)

3)  Move somewhere where there's less contention for the network. You can't seriously expect an off-price service to give you priority on the network. But if you move to one of the least populous states in the US -- try remote regions of Wyoming for instance, where cattle solidly outnumber people -- I believe there will be very little contention for the cellular network and you may not see any issues at all

4) Shut off WiFi calling altogether. That fixes the problem but also makes you a bit unreachable unless you can forward to your landline, which you'll invariably forget to unforward -- then all calls forward to your home VM, which you probably stopped checking years ago. While some may argue there are health benefits to "unplugging," you may want to consider some of the drawbacks (i.e. loss of job).

Like I said, none of the ways are terribly satisfying, but hope it helps.

New Poster

I had AT&T for years using their MicroCell to get my WiFi calls and never had any serious problems.  Now with Xfinity my WiFi calls drop a lot at least 50 % of the time.  When I am away from the house and on the Xfinity mobile cell system it works great.  I only have a problem when it is trying to connect to the WiFi calling.  Very frustrating and if Xfinity does not repair this or at least admit there is a problem and they are working on it I am switching.

Frustrated customer

Valued Contributor

@pgaudreau wrote:

Very frustrating and if Xfinity does not repair this or at least admit there is a problem and they are working on it I am switching.

If you look at the age and length of this thread the only reasonable conclusion that can be arrived at is that this feature is unreliable and that Xfinity Mobile is either not interested in fixing it or not capable of fixing it or both.

Regular Contributor

Frustrating weekend of dropped calls and/or calls that dont connect this weekend.  I literally called my wife 8 times in a row in back to back succession and the first case was immediate failed call.  The remaining 7 times were cases where the call rang on my phone for the full number of rings and then went to VM (which I didnt leave).   Upon checking my wifes phone and call log a few minutes later, not a single one of her calls rang on her side. 

WOW.  THANK GOD IT WASNT AN EMERGENCY.  Come on Comcast, step up here and actually try.  This is absolutely rediculous 

Contributor

@HD-Tech wrote:

Frustrating weekend of dropped calls and/or calls that dont connect this weekend.  I literally called my wife 8 times in a row in back to back succession and the first case was immediate failed call.  The remaining 7 times were cases where the call rang on my phone for the full number of rings and then went to VM (which I didnt leave).   Upon checking my wifes phone and call log a few minutes later, not a single one of her calls rang on her side. 

WOW.  THANK GOD IT WASNT AN EMERGENCY.  Come on Comcast, step up here and actually try.  This is absolutely rediculous 

A couple of time my phone has become nearly unusable due to drops... but I found that a phone reboot restores the familiar, intermittently poor service that I'm now used to...

Contributor

@N4NET wrote: 

A couple of time my phone has become nearly unusable due to drops... but I found that a phone reboot restores the familiar, intermittently poor service that I'm now used to...

LOL!

I got really lucky and it seems like Verizon must have made a change to the local infrustructure - suddely I get pretty good cellular service at home. I still want WiFi calling working though because:

1. Better sound quality.

2. Uses less battery.

3. Radiates me less.

Regular Visitor

Yes, rebooting the phone was the only thing that helped for my family...  I could be standing right next to my son or wife, be showing 3 cell bars and call them, and their phones often wouldn't even ring.  If it did ring, 90% of the time when we'd try to answer, it would be call failed.  For us, airplane mode was just as bad.  My internet and wifi are excellent, I'm an IT guy too...  Our situation seems even worse that what some of you are saying, because even when we were out of the house, we'd still get "call failed" with apparently good cell signal.  We tried all the usual "fixes", and factory resets...  The only thing that helped for a short time is restarting the phone, but calls would still drop after 10 minutes or so.  We came from AT&T and had no problems with them, wifi calling worked fine.

I was hoping XM would fix it, but after my son was waiting to be picked up for 45 minutes in the rain while constantly calling and texting my wife but she never got any calls or texts and it took me 45 minutes to get to him from work, as well as too many other "call failed" messages we've moved on to T-Mobile, and haven't had any issues with the same phones.  For us, wifi calling with TM works fine. Although, for the first few weeks under TM, I kept expecting to get call failed when ever I'd make or receive a call, but they never came...  

Perhaps I'll be back if they ever fix it, as it did save us some money, but they'll have to prove to us for a long time that it's completely fixed before we ever switch back.

Contributor

To fix something you need to care about something first. It’s pretty clear Xfinity does not care about this issue or customers that experience it. It’s also very clearly displayed by reps running this board.
Contributor

@UnhappyExATT wrote:
To fix something you need to care about something first. It’s pretty clear Xfinity does not care about this issue or customers that experience it. It’s also very clearly displayed by reps running this board.

In all fairness, the reps running this board are in the dark and just doing their job. We haven't heard from anyone running the XM service -- and I wouldn't be surprised if it's all a managed/outsourced operation.

New Poster

Yes, same problem here! We are new Xfinity Mobile customers and both my wife and I experience this daily

Contributor

Ooo please. If it was me I would at least read some of the 9 pages of post before trying to chime in and give useless advice. In my opinion there is simply no excuse to any of this that I witnessed on this board and this company since I have been here (January 2019). All of this is simply unacceptable and inexcusable!
New Poster

WiFi calling frequent drops and call failed issues

I know this should be unneccesary however could the APN settings be messing this up? I know when i got my pixel and took it to tmobile i could not get MMS on wifi the only way it would load is by hoping off wifi  onto the network until i updated some APN settings. Could this come into play on why the wifi calling is not working? 

Regular Visitor

@HD-Tech wrote:

This was the same thing that happened to me. I signed up for Xfinity mobile on a new iPhone SE last year and for 6 months, everything was fine. Then all of a sudden, I got those same isses. Calls wouldn't go out (call failed) or they would go right to voicemail. Some SMS texts wouldn't go through even though I never got an error on my side. It wasn't consistent, but I would get at least one of those problems once a week.

Finally, I got tired of dealing with it and had my phone unlocked and ported it to T-Mobile prepaid. Everything started working again. No issues whatsoever. I still believe it's something on Comcast's end or something with how Verizon MVNOs operate because I never had a problem being on Verizon prepaid before going to Xfinity mobile.

The only thing that did work was data, so web browsing and iMessage texts were fine. So I'd say if anyone can't move from Xfinity mobile right away, try using a 3rd party calling service like Google Voice or something like that without linking it to your phone number. It's not convenient, but at least you'll have something to fall back on if your calls can't go out.

Regular Visitor

Had enough, switched to Sprint.
No more problems.