Community Forum

WiFi calling frequent drops and call failed issues

Frequent Visitor

Re: WiFi calling frequent drops and call failed issues

The T-mobile issue described is that they prioritize cellular over WiFi calling. This won’t cause issues unless you have weak cell service and the phone still prefers to stay on cellular rather than switching to WiFi. So a call may fail due to weak cell signal.

Our issue is that despite having perfect cell and WiFi connection, calls fail. There is no good reason the call should fail. This makes the issue so much more frustrating.
Contributor

@chrisso wrote:
The T-mobile issue described is that they prioritize cellular over WiFi calling. This won’t cause issues unless you have weak cell service and the phone still prefers to stay on cellular rather than switching to WiFi. So a call may fail due to weak cell signal.

Our issue is that despite having perfect cell and WiFi connection, calls fail. There is no good reason the call should fail. This makes the issue so much more frustrating.

I've actually read every single post on this thread. Seems the large majority of folks are complaining that calls at home with weak cellular signal, presumably using a good wifi connection, fail. This was diagnosed by many as being a result of the phone not sticking to the wifi network -- hence airplane mode is a workaround. This is extremely similar to the T-mobile issue.

Your issue of sporadic call failures with perfect networks is quite a bit different.

New Poster

Same experience here. I've been following this post since July of last year; it appears all my previous posts were deleted. Remembering to switch off airplane mode is the downside.
Regular Visitor

It often fails for me at home, even if I have airplane mode on and a good wifi signal (i.e., right next to the router). The failure can be an immediate disconnect or mid-conversation, both of which have been big problems for me.

I am in the process of switching carriers and would have done it months ago, if I weren't waiting for the phone rebate. I can't see how anyone can defend xfinity here. Not only have they made no apparent progress, we haven't heard any specifics about what's being done or has been done. 

Contributor

@Jpvh77 wrote:

It often fails for me at home, even if I have airplane mode on and a good wifi signal (i.e., right next to the router). The failure can be an immediate disconnect or mid-conversation

This doesn't sound typical and sounds more likely an issue with your home network, as XM wifi calling is pretty flawless in airplane mode for most of the people posting here. Regardless of a good wifi signal, interference or even tiny service interruptions between you and your provider could be causing disconnects. First thing I'd do is power cycle your modem and router and test it again. Also, make sure wifi calling is off when you turn on airplane mode and then enable wifi calling.

Not saying you're wrong, just going by my gut with 20 years of IT support under my belt and not having looked at your network personally. But there can be no doubt that in some cases poorly managed or untuned home networks will cause people to come to a wrong conclusion about the cause of dropped wifi calls.

Contributor

@Jbiedlin wrote:
All - Also just a reminder to also go to the Apple Support site and fill out a bug report highlighting this issue. It may also take Apple and Comcast working together to address the issue in a future update. Copy the link to this forum, which may also help raise the issue to folks attention.

I went online with Apple support today and opened a ticket. They asked me to reset all my iPhone network settings and wait to see if it happens again -- they are trying, but I don't know that it will get me anywhere based on all the prior posts.

I did send them a referrer to this thread as well.

Regular Visitor

I've power cycled my modem a few times, but haven't ensured that wifi calling is off when I turn on airplane mode and then enabled wifi calling. I may try that, but am just about to go to a new service, which is the real solution.

Regular Visitor

Just found this forum.  Switched from AT&T a couple of months ago, and have had this issue since the beginning.  I bought 3 phones from xm, a Xs, and 2 XR's.  Also brought one X in from AT&T.  Have issues with all 4 phones but the X is the worst.  I do have poor cell service at my house, but we have call failed issues whether we're at home or out and about.  We have wifi calling on, I have tried using just wifi, turning cell service off and wifi calling on, but it seems to be no better.

My son misplaced his phone in the house, so I called it several times.  He finally found it, but when he looked at it, there were no missed calls.  So I called him again while he was standing next to me, it was ringing on my phone, but never rang on his phone.

Just tried again turning on airplane mode, wifi calling on, wifi assist off.  Called X to Xs got call failed, Xs never rang.  Xs to X, rang but call failed when I trying to answer.  Rebooted, X, phones rang both ways, but calls failed in all cases.  Very frustrated.

And, by the way, I'm a Network Admin by trade, and my wifi network is very good.

Regular Visitor

Also, the X that we brought in from AT&T worked perfectly before switching to XM.

Frequent Visitor

@BTdubs - Thanks for the post.  I am having the same issue here.  I was previously an AT&T customer and we have spotty cellular service at my residence.  AT&T wifi calling worked flawlessly with no drops and crystal clear voice.  We also have a very stable mesh wifi network at home throughout and around my house.  Once switching to XM, however, my wife and I drop almost every incoming call and many outgoing calls as well. 

I have noticed then when I am talking and drop a call, I pull my phone from my ear and on the cellular service indicator on my iphone.  It is showing no bars of service.  If I stare at the screen for a few seconds, there is a quick flash/reset and the cellular service bars will come back after a few seconds.  It is strange though because it seems that every time I drop a call, the phone briefly shows no service and then it will reset a bit and the service bars will return. 

It seems like there is a problem with XM's prioritization of wifi versus cellular and it is trying to switch and back and forth between wifi and cellular when wifi calling is turned on.  I think AT&T recognized that when you were on wifi, the phone stayed on wifi and prioritized this over cellular.  XM seems to be switching back and forth though between wifi and cellular which is causing the frequent drops.  I am also pretty frustrated that this issue could not be corrected in over a year.  I know it takes time to develop a carrier update or work with Apple on a software update, but this is getting a bit silly.   This is now by far the most popular forum on XM, so I hope folks are taking notice and making it a priority to address this.

Contributor

@BTdubs wrote:

Just found this forum.  Switched from AT&T a couple of months ago, and have had this issue since the beginning.  I bought 3 phones from xm, a Xs, and 2 XR's.  Also brought one X in from AT&T.  Have issues with all 4 phones but the X is the worst.  I do have poor cell service at my house, but we have call failed issues whether we're at home or out and about.  We have wifi calling on, I have tried using just wifi, turning cell service off and wifi calling on, but it seems to be no better.

My son misplaced his phone in the house, so I called it several times.  He finally found it, but when he looked at it, there were no missed calls.  So I called him again while he was standing next to me, it was ringing on my phone, but never rang on his phone.

Just tried again turning on airplane mode, wifi calling on, wifi assist off.  Called X to Xs got call failed, Xs never rang.  Xs to X, rang but call failed when I trying to answer.  Rebooted, X, phones rang both ways, but calls failed in all cases.  Very frustrated.

And, by the way, I'm a Network Admin by trade, and my wifi network is very good.

I think you need to swipe down from the top right to see whether the phone is on Wifi or Cellular under each scenario. I have 1-2 bars of signal at home, but it's frustrating when I notice the phone is clinging to that 1 bar of signal instead of switching to Wifi. The switch back to cellular can happen any time such as the instant of an incoming call, so you have to look closely -- the switch from cellular to Wifi never happens as far as I've seen during a call.

Since no one else is doing this, you may want to bring up a network analyzer and see what's going on with Wifi -- I suspect the phone/service is not that well behaved on Wifi-only either and may be intermittently dropping to zero signal if you have cellular turned off...rather than going back to a poor cellular signal which you shut off.

New Poster

Also having issues with wifi calling. We live in a dead spot, so almost no cellular reception. That's why we need wifi-calling. We have several wifi networks at our house. I notice that when my phone switches between wifi networks, it looses xm wifi connection and goes to xfinity mobile. Ergo call quality is really bad then or calls drop. When I then turn wifi off completely and turn it back on, the phone connects again to xm wifi.

It's even worse for my husband. His phone doesn't even connect to xfinity mobile once it looses xm wifi.

Really thought this is a great deal, but we will have to switch to a reliable service if Xfinity doesn't fix this issue!

Contributor

@Jbiedlin wrote:

@BTdubs - Thanks for the post.  I am having the same issue here.  I was previously an AT&T customer and we have spotty cellular service at my residence.  AT&T wifi calling worked flawlessly with no drops and crystal clear voice.  We also have a very stable mesh wifi network at home throughout and around my house.  Once switching to XM, however, my wife and I drop almost every incoming call and many outgoing calls as well. 

I have noticed then when I am talking and drop a call, I pull my phone from my ear and on the cellular service indicator on my iphone.  It is showing no bars of service.  If I stare at the screen for a few seconds, there is a quick flash/reset and the cellular service bars will come back after a few seconds.  It is strange though because it seems that every time I drop a call, the phone briefly shows no service and then it will reset a bit and the service bars will return. 

It seems like there is a problem with XM's prioritization of wifi versus cellular and it is trying to switch and back and forth between wifi and cellular when wifi calling is turned on.  I think AT&T recognized that when you were on wifi, the phone stayed on wifi and prioritized this over cellular.  XM seems to be switching back and forth though between wifi and cellular which is causing the frequent drops.  I am also pretty frustrated that this issue could not be corrected in over a year.  I know it takes time to develop a carrier update or work with Apple on a software update, but this is getting a bit silly.   This is now by far the most popular forum on XM, so I hope folks are taking notice and making it a priority to address this.

I think you made an important observation about the apparent flicker/reset of the cellular bars

Today at 10:56am, with my phone in the same room as my Xfinity modem, I had an incoming call go straight to voicemail. A bit after 11am, I glance at my phone to see the message. I swiped from the top right and saw phone service was using XM Wi-Fi.

At 11:14am, I call back the person I missed and notice the phone is still on XM Wi-Fi. The instant I place the call, the signal indicator flickers and now I'm back on Xfinity Mobile cell network. I then endure a call with poor call quality.

After the call, my phone service is back to XM Wi-Fi.

Don't get it, but switching seems to happen at the point calls come in or are initiated -- and for no good reason. The phone should stay locked on whatever network it is on, especially if it is stationary.

Maybe I'll try to debug this some more when I have time...

Frequent Visitor

I'm starting to wonder if the WiFi hotspot "feature" to limit data usage and keep costs low is complicating this issue. 

I don't know any other provider that has tried this.  In theory

Use Case #1

WiFi Calling Enabled, Strong Cell Signal, Outside home but walking, connected to hotspot

In this case I would want to prioritize Cell becasue I'm on the move

Use Case #2

WiFi Calling Enabled, weak Cell Signal, Outside home but walking, connected to hotspot

Use Case #3

WiFi Calling Enabled, Strong Cell Signal, inside static location on WiFi

In this case prioritization wouldn't really matter

Use Case #4

WiFi Calling Enabled, Weak Cell Signal, inside static location on WiFi

In this case I would want to prioritize WiFi becasue I'm static

New Poster

I'm also having this issue - iPhone 6s, up to date iOS and carrier. Calls drop immediately when I pick up. I also have poor cell service where I live so wifi calling is a must! 

Contributor

@GMoGoody wrote:

I'm starting to wonder if the WiFi hotspot "feature" to limit data usage and keep costs low is complicating this issue. 

I don't know any other provider that has tried this.  In theory

Use Case #1

WiFi Calling Enabled, Strong Cell Signal, Outside home but walking, connected to hotspot

Use Case #2

WiFi Calling Enabled, weak Cell Signal, Outside home but walking, connected to hotspot

Use Case #3

WiFi Calling Enabled, Strong Cell Signal, inside static location on WiFi

In this case prioritization wouldn't really matter

Use Case #4

WiFi Calling Enabled, Weak Cell Signal, inside static location on WiFi

In this case I would want to prioritize WiFi becasue I'm static

Well said!

New Poster

Any resolution to this. Im having the same issue. I have to restart my phone 10 times a day. Asked to cancel service and they said i couldnt because of the contract. Very frustrated!
Contributor

@N4NET wrote:

@Jbiedlin wrote:

I think you made an important observation about the apparent flicker/reset of the cellular bars

Today at 10:56am, with my phone in the same room as my Xfinity modem, I had an incoming call go straight to voicemail. A bit after 11am, I glance at my phone to see the message. I swiped from the top right and saw phone service was using XM Wi-Fi.

At 11:14am, I call back the person I missed and notice the phone is still on XM Wi-Fi. The instant I place the call, the signal indicator flickers and now I'm back on Xfinity Mobile cell network. I then endure a call with poor call quality.

After the call, my phone service is back to XM Wi-Fi.

Don't get it, but switching seems to happen at the point calls come in or are initiated -- and for no good reason. The phone should stay locked on whatever network it is on, especially if it is stationary.

Maybe I'll try to debug this some more when I have time...

Some additional observations:

1) When the phone is refusing to switchover to wifi calling, putting it into airplane mode results in no service. Don't know why this happens, but the only solution is to wait until the phone decides to go back to WiFi calling 

2) Disabling cellular from the main menu (swipe diagonally from top right and press cellular button) does nothing. Cellular apparently stays on.

3) Once calling connects to WiFi (displays "XM WiFi"), putting the phone into airplane mode seems to keep it well-behaved. Otherwise, letting the phone decide by itself is like a roullette on the next incoming or outgoing call. Seriously, the signal indicator flickers and good luck! If it lands on cellular, I either get a drop or poor quality during the call.

I'm starting to feel like a beta tester...or an underpaid QA engineer

New Poster

I have this issue on both phones I have. WiFi Calling Enabled or not, even with 3-4 bars LTE. I can talk to anyone without issues but the other phone on XM. If either phones calls the other, the call will drop after 3 to 9 seconds. Perfect clarity in that time before the call “failed”. Have any actual solutions been found besides going to a different carrier?

Issues have happened since Day 2 of switching to Xfinity last weekend. One brand new iPhone XR, one unlocked iPhone 6S Plus. Phones are both up to date. Only 3 calls have lasted longer than 9 seconds out of 51 tries.

Both phones have been shut off multiple times. Airplane mode cycled. WiFi calling cycled. Roaming cycled. No luck in replicating any success.
Contributor

I have also seen sporadic call drops over cellular as well. I believe there is another thread in the forum dedicated to that problem versus this one dealing with WiFi issues.

All of which brings me to a troubling thought:

Since I and many others are receiving 2-3 mailings per month from Verizon Fios to switch over my whole cable/internet infrastructure, I can only imagine Verizon are not the most incented to fix this mobile service issue if the problem is on their end.

Let's think, Verizon can receive a fractional sum of mobile revenue per month from a Comcast customer for unlimited service -- or if it doesn't go well for the Comcast customer, let's say because the mobile quality of service is poor, Verizon can swipe the whole customer as a quad-play with home services themselves.

I'm sure at some point Comcast figured it was a win by getting mobile service from the highest-rated provider in the US. But with the low quality of mobile service we are experiencing, I'm sure we would have been better off with T-Mobile or Sprint, who incidentally are not in a street fight with Comcast for home services.

I'm not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, but let's face it -- there's an elephant in the room. The best mobile service in the US shouldn't turn into the worst just by rebranding.

If Comcast decides to partner with a different mobile provider, please sign me up for the early eval... I've been a customer with Comcast for many years and really do want this to end well if possible.

Regular Visitor

I just popped back in to see if there were any updates.  I also did a new test of calling.  I'm experiencing something slightly different today.  When I call my cell from my office phone, I can pickup the call and it doesn't fail immediately (this is new).  However, the office phone continues to ring for 2-3 more rings before it actually connects.  The good news is that it actually does connect where this would have failed with call failed in the past.  Maybe this is just a one off state, but maybe some changes have been made to some timeouts or something?

New Poster

I am new to this forum and appreciate all of the contributors. I switched from Verizon to Xfinity mobile 3 days ago using iPhone XSMax. I am having dropped calls everywhere, on wifi and off wifi, and situations where the call persists but no one can hear me.

Unless it improves, I will switch back to Verizon later this week, but wanted to post here in case anyone has suggestions or Xfinity cares to have the feedback.

New Poster

Just an update on my situation...

I called customer service and raised h**l a out the dropped calls. They gave me a $200 credit and I switched from a Iphone to a Galaxy. I have had no issues since.
Contributor

Which Galaxy if I may ask?

New Poster

What a lie to say no one is reporting. I have the same WIFI dropped calls as well as call failure - which usually happens with incoming call. My cell signal goes from 0-4 bars back to zero all the time at my home. I am near a tower and the back of my home is almost all windows. Was told to reset network in settings. Doesn’t help! Was told to dial ### send every time it happened and after 5 of those ### calls they would open a ticket. 30 ### calls and no fix or acknowledgement of open ticket.

My ignorant guess is traffic is to high and Verizon customers take priority dropping our calls via cell tower and maybe WiFi as our outbound calls probably get routed to a cell tower at some point. Whatever the cause - it ain’t getting fixed in the Knoxville Market!!!
New Poster

Galaxy Note 9. Its been working great.
Contributor

Note 9. Thank you. I feel awful for the Apple people....I'm an Android guy that eats WiFi not data. The potential savings with XM is too much. I'm sure I'll regret this next month.......
New Poster

I was having exactly the same issue regarding "Call Failure" using two different iPhone 6S phones that we had ported over from Verizon a few days ago.  I spoke with a "Tier 2 Advanced" technician at XM support (Zachary) at 888-936-4968.  It was a fabulous experience--seriously!

Based on several on several phone calls I've received today, my issue is solved.  There is a setting on XM's side called "Premium Message Block" that had somehow been turned on during the porting process.  Zachary turned off the Premium Message Block settitng, then had me reboot the phones and Reset Network Settings, and reboot again.  Then I reset the WiFi connection and made sure that WiFi calling was turned on.  After doing that for each phone, he called me  on each number and the calls came through, as have several other calls today.  Your mileage may vary, but maybe this will help you as well. 

New Poster

Well, after calling support yesterday with no improvement (reset network settings), I just gave up and switched back to Verizon after 4 days of constant call drops. It seemed too good to be true and I guess it was. Maybe I will try again after they work out the kinks. So easy to take for granted the ability to make a phone call until it is taken away from you.

Contributor

@WCFL wrote:

I was having exactly the same issue regarding "Call Failure" using two different iPhone 6S phones that we had ported over from Verizon a few days ago.  I spoke with a "Tier 2 Advanced" technician at XM support (Zachary) at 888-936-4968.  It was a fabulous experience--seriously!

Based on several on several phone calls I've received today, my issue is solved.  There is a setting on XM's side called "Premium Message Block" that had somehow been turned on during the porting process.  Zachary turned off the Premium Message Block settitng, then had me reboot the phones and Reset Network Settings, and reboot again.  Then I reset the WiFi connection and made sure that WiFi calling was turned on.  After doing that for each phone, he called me  on each number and the calls came through, as have several other calls today.  Your mileage may vary, but maybe this will help you as well. 

Well that's interesting. You'll have to let us know how things work after a week or so. 

Do you have spotty cell coverage at home and does your phone now stay on XM WiFi while you are at home?

New Poster

Well, I just had my first Call Failure since the fix, after having recieved 5 with no issue.  Uggh.  I was hoping I hadn't jumped the gun with the report of the fix.  Maybe I did.

Yes, I have very spotty service in the house and rely on WiFi calling for all phone calls there.

I've not had any issue with staying on XM WiFi (before or after the fix).

I will give a report in a week or so.

New Poster

This is what a staff at Verizon told me today. Verizon customers get the towners first and then Comcast gets “the left overs” I’m soo frustrated with calls dropping and losing service out of no where. My iPhone XS Max is useless when I’m off WiFi most of the time.
Contributor

@Kwezzy wrote:
This is what a staff at Verizon told me today. Verizon customers get the towners first and then Comcast gets “the left overs” I’m soo frustrated with calls dropping and losing service out of no where. My iPhone XS Max is useless when I’m off WiFi most of the time.

and useless on WiFi because it refuses to stay on WiFi. If Verizon controls the phone settings,  I mantain they went out of their way to ensure service is bad -- unless someone would like to prove otherwise.

This sounds like a business school case study on how not to do deals with your competitors.

Would be nice if some product manager from Comcast could shed some light.

Contributor

@Kwezzy wrote:

This doesn't really ring true with me, since I have never had an issue making a call, except for at home where coverage is weak (as it is for Verizon and AT&T too). Otherwise, my cellular calls and data have been at least on par with the big players. Sounds to me like salesman BS. The only problem I've had with the XM service is this WiFi calling issue, which I'm as anxious as anyone to see resolved.

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree. I actually brought a verizon phone earlier today. I want to see if trying Verizon will I get better service and if WiFi calling will work better on the Samsung 8+ vs my xfinity iPhone X max. Xfinity is driving me insane with this WiFi calling not working. I’ve never had this issue on at&t or Verizon. The worst part is I thought it was my phone that was the problem so I went and got the iPhone X max on xfinity and I’m still having the WiFi calls drop.
Contributor

Another interesting observation (not good news):

Sometimes MMS text messages (not iMessage) fail while on wifi calling. Anyone else notice this?

Retries fail too until I shut off the wifi.

Contributor

@Kwezzy, upon further reflection I have noticed just a couple of times I have had issues with cellular and data after I turn off wifi calling. It goes away if I turn airplane mode on and then off again. However I had attributed this to the inferior Intel cellular modem in the XS Max.

Contributor

Switched to XM last week and having same issues with WIFI Calling.Today the calls were dropped even when phone was on airplane mode.What I think is even worse is that I spent 2 hrs on the phone last Monday with all levels of tech support trying to figure this out. None of them are aware of this being a big issue like this?!They were all acting and trying to fix this like it’s my isolated issue! XFINITY You really can’t send some sort of memo to your staff telling them about this problem and stop wasting customers time being stuck on the phone with people that have no clue what is what! I should have been told by the first rep that this is wide spread issue and you are working on that (so we all hope) instead of having me reboot my phone, reset network and other BS that does not work!! I had no idea about all the people affected by this until I found this forum. Sad

Come on Comcast!

Valued Contributor

@UnhappyExATT wrote:

Switched to XM last week and having same issues with WIFI Calling.Today the calls were dropped even when phone was on airplane mode.What I think is even worse is that I spent 2 hrs on the phone last Monday with all levels of tech support trying to figure this out. None of them are aware of this being a big issue like this?!They were all acting and trying to fix this like it’s my isolated issue! XFINITY You really can’t send some sort of memo to your staff telling them about this problem and stop wasting customers time being stuck on the phone with people that have no clue what is what! I should have been told by the first rep that this is wide spread issue and you are working on that (so we all hope) instead of having me reboot my phone, reset network and other BS that does not work!! I had no idea about all the people affected by this until I found this forum. Sad

Come on Comcast!

You should have read this forum before switching to Xfinity Mobile.

Contributor

Yup. Sure. I should have assumed that in this day and age major communication company offers cell phone service that does not work. LMAO
Valued Contributor

@UnhappyExATT wrote:
Yup. Sure. I should have assumed that in this day and age major communication company offers cell phone service that does not work. LMAO

You wouldn't be the first customer who switched back to his or her former carrier where this feature works and it was important to you that it does work.

New Poster

I have had mobile service from xfinity for a couple of months and have experienced the same issue.  Their are two differences, 1) I'm 3 feet from the router, and 2) 100% of all mobile calls fail whether on wifi or cell.  Not trying to bash anyone but this is the worst mobile service I have ever experienced.  Prior to Xfinity mobile I had AT&T and it worked significantly better.

Contributor

@UnhappyExATT wrote:

Switched to XM last week and having same issues with WIFI Calling.Today the calls were dropped even when phone was on airplane mode.

It's possible you have issues with your home network in the first place. It doesn't matter how close you are to your router if your modem or router is dropping packet or experiencing brief interuptions (that you might not even notice during normal browsing). Wifi calling has been flawless for me in airplane more, but I'm an IT guy and my home network is immaculate.

Contributor

Changing my router/moden tomorrow anyway to stop paying rental fees so we’ll ll see if I’ll notice any difference. I’m kind of hoping this could be network or wifi. At least there would be any hope fixing it. If it’s up to them, won’t happen anytime soon
Contributor

@FourOnSix wrote:

@UnhappyExATT wrote:

Switched to XM last week and having same issues with WIFI Calling.Today the calls were dropped even when phone was on airplane mode.

It's possible you have issues with your home network in the first place. It doesn't matter how close you are to your router if your modem or router is dropping packet or experiencing brief interuptions (that you might not even notice during normal browsing). Wifi calling has been flawless for me in airplane more, but I'm an IT guy and my home network is immaculate.

Hmmm...My home network is no help when the phone decides to switch to cellular (or no service while in airplane mode) at the instant an incoming or outgoing call is made. The moment the call initiates, the service indicator flickers and winds up either on or off the wifi for reasons unbeknownst to me. I'll say it works most of the time, but 70-80% reliability isn't good.

Did you make changes to your Xfinity modem/router?

Contributor

@N4NET wrote:
Hmmm...My home network is no help when the phone decides to switch to cellular (or no service while in airplane mode) at the instant an incoming or outgoing call is made. The moment the call initiates, the service indicator flickers and winds up either on or off the wifi for reasons unbeknownst to me. I'll say it works most of the time, but 70-80% reliability isn't good.

Did you make changes to your Xfinity modem/router?

The issue with switching to cellular definitely isn't a home network issue, but more likely a carrier settings issue. I was referring to the home network because airplane mode was indicated.

I purchased my own modem and router for quality and flexibility, but the Xfinity combo box is more than capable of handling an audio stream if there aren't other issues (loose connectors, interference, bad modem, bad cable, service issue outside of the house, etc.).

Contributor

No changes after changing the modem. WIFI is stronger and better than ever and calls failed on airplane mode. FaceTime audio works perfect but not calls through XM WIFI or Xfinity mobile. This is absolutely pathetic . After phone reboot things improve temporarily. Cannot use this service at all. What’s being done about it?!
New Poster

My wife and I have also had this problem since switching from T-Mobile. We tried to bring our 6S+ and 6S, but only the 6S+ worked with XM. So I have a 7 through Xfinity, but both are having the dropped calls. 

I called Xfinity a few days ago and the rep said they are working on a network fix/update here in California (Bay Area) that should be done by midnight Tuesday. I complained again today as my wife has phone interviews for jobs that she needs the phone to be working in good order. The lady tried doing an analytics check, but the popup on my phone never showed up to allow them analytics access. She said I have to go into a store to check it. She also said that after Tuesday, to do a Erase Network Settings and then power off the phone for 5-10 minutes and it should work.

I'm currently looking into Verizon prices...

Valued Contributor

@in23h wrote:

Sprint is still offering a free year of unlimted service if your phone qualifies.

Contributor

@in23h wrote:

My wife and I have also had this problem since switching from T-Mobile. We tried to bring our 6S+ and 6S, but only the 6S+ worked with XM. So I have a 7 through Xfinity, but both are having the dropped calls. 

I called Xfinity a few days ago and the rep said they are working on a network fix/update here in California (Bay Area) that should be done by midnight Tuesday. I complained again today as my wife has phone interviews for jobs that she needs the phone to be working in good order. The lady tried doing an analytics check, but the popup on my phone never showed up to allow them analytics access. She said I have to go into a store to check it. She also said that after Tuesday, to do a Erase Network Settings and then power off the phone for 5-10 minutes and it should work.

@in23h please let us know if/how this works out. I'd give it a week since the problems tend to be intermittent.

Note the "Premium Message Block setting" fix from a prior post did not work.