Community Forum

WiFi Calling on a BYOD iPhone Does Not Work

New Poster

WiFi Calling on a BYOD iPhone Does Not Work

Hello,

I got the iPhone 8 Plus from Xfinity Mobile and a new number, and WiFi calling works on this phone.

But it doesn't work on two other phones that were ported over from Verizon. One phone from Verizon, its number was ported over to iPhone 8 that I bought from Xfinity Mobile, and WiFi calling does not work on that phone. Another phone is iPhone 6S Plus, its number was ported from Verizon, the Wifi Calling doesn't work. I get cannot verify the address error.

I called tech support, they sent me a new SIM card. It still doesn't work. I went to a local store. They don't know anything. They called support and could not fix it either. They said they escaled it to a level two support, but I doubt I will hear back from them. 

The fact that WiFi Calling does work on the new number, but doesn't work on numbers that were ported over from Verizon, makes me thing that maybe that is the issue, because WiFi calling was enabled on those iPhones on Verizon. So maybe it is still listed in thier database and it creates the conflict and this "cannot verify address" error.

Does Xfinity Mobile have a qualify person that knows how to fix this? Please let me know.

P.S. I don't know if this has anything to do with the WiFi calling issue, but on Xfinity Mobile iPhone app, when they ported 3 phones from Verizon, the iPhone 6s Plus phone was listed twice with an exactly the same number. Then, when I changed the SIM card on that phone and replaced it with a new one that I got from support, a second iPhone, which is iPhone 7 Plus, got listed twice with exactly the same number. When I login on the website, not on a mobile app, all phones are listed correctly, there are no dubplicate entries.

New Poster

Re: WiFi Calling on a BYOD iPhone Does Not Work

Having the same issues with 2 iPhones that were BYOD from Verizon.  Called customer care 2 times and they were not very helpful.  Any chance that Verizon would speak to a former customer to see if they could provide assistance?  Seems like xfinity really does not know how to resolve the issue.

Contributor

I'm going to a Xfinity store today to see if they can help. The 1-800 number customer service was clueless. They told me there is no wifi calling through Xfinity Mobile.
Official Employee

Hello all, I can assist you with any questions or concerns that you have regarding the Wi-Fi calling feature for your BYOD. Please click on this link to activate the feature on your Apple device. 

Regular Visitor

ComcastAmir,

I've followed all instructions. It does not work. Please see screen grabs from my iPhone 6S Plus that was ported from Verizon. When I touch "Save Changes," I get the Error message.

IMG_3123.jpgIMG_3124.jpg

Contributor

I have the same problem as eugene331.  The address says it cannot be found and then when I hit "Save Changes" it says "Sorry, but we are not able to validate your address.  Please check your address and try again."

This is on a new iPhone X purchased from Xfinity Mobile with a number ported from Verizon.

Contributor

Doesn't work on my iPhone x or our iphone 6. Went to Xfinity store yesterday and they replaced sim card and reprovisioned devices. No go. So they called customer service who weren't able to help either. They told me it just "wouldn't work on our devices". What? It's an advertised feature on approved devices.
Regular Visitor

As it turns out, there is an option to remove the device from WiFi Calling. It says to do this prior to selling or if lost. I did not know there was a feature like this or that it would be an issue if I did not. Now that the number has been ported, I cannot do it from my end.

But I called Verizon's support and they said to wait until the end of the current billing cycle, because allthough the number is no longer in their system, it has not been completly removed. They said all should be good after the current billing cycle closes and the number is completly gone from their system. They also said that they don't want to force it and remove it now, because that might cause issue with the number.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-202068/

Regular Visitor

Can somebody from Xfinity Mobile confirm what Verizon told me about waiting for the end of the billing cycle? Is this the real issue with ported Verizon numbers having an issue with WiFi calling or is it something on Xfinity Mobile's end?

Tags (1)
Contributor

Yes, do let us know.
Regular Visitor

Same issue here. It seems Verizon is blocking the WiFi calling feature for xfinity mobile customers.
Regular Visitor

Still no word from Xfinity Mobile? Are you guys reading this?

Contributor

Does not work. I used an address that is not even associated with Verizon and still failed. I have the option to select WiFi calling on my phones. What I cannot do is get the address to verify. Phones were ported over from Verizon. I suspect that there is something wrong with the address verification when dealing with ported numbers. This needs to be resolved by Xfinity, soon.

Contributor

Xfinity customer service just told me wifi calling "just isn't going to work on your iPhones". What???
Regular Visitor

Xfinity Mobile, hello? Silence? 

Official Employee

Can somebody from Xfinity Mobile confirm what Verizon told me about waiting for the end of the billing cycle? Is this the real issue with ported Verizon numbers having an issue with WiFi calling or is it something on Xfinity Mobile's end?

eugene331, I have not heard about this. 

Has anyone tried restoring their iPhone from the latest iTunes back up? I had a forums user I was working claim that that resolved their wifi calling issue and they can now enroll in Wifi calling. 

Furthermore, to everyone, I can create a support ticket to XFINITY Mobile support to have your wiFi calling issues addressed if it has not been already. Please send me a private message with your full name and the phone number associated with your residential services for help. 

KenF

Contributor

I thought you created a ticket for me already? I've heard nothing yet.
Official Employee

ctromp, I did. I have updated you in our private messages. Please do not cross post here. 

Regular Visitor

Out of the blue, I got a call from Xfinity Mobile today. They said that they updated something on the network and WiFi calling should be working now. I tried it again, and it does work for me now. So it seems that the issue has been fixed.

Try it again and see if it works for you.

Thank you Xfinity Mobile!

Contributor

Yes, I received the call too and it now works.
New Poster

Hi ComcastKenF, I am having the same exact issue, brought my iPhone to Xfinity Mobile last week, everything works but Wifi calling, it can't verify my address (or any valid address, see error message below) so cant enable. This worked before I came to Xfinity Mobile on the same phone, first on Verizon, then last on Sprint.  I have updated everything, reset network settings (which is lame since I lost all connected wifi's), etc.  I have called and opend ticket #29909248 but have not heard anything in 4 days, was suppose to hear from network engineering in two days.  Can you work your magic for me as well please?!?  Thanks!

Steps to reproduce:

-go to Settings, Phone, Wifi Calling

-side to enable Wifi Calling

-click Enable

-enter address, accept terms, click Continue

-error message

Edit Emergency Address

Sorry, we couldn't find the address entered:...

Are you sure you want to use this address in case of an emergency?

-click Save Changes

-error message

Error

Sorry, but we are not able to validate your address. Please check your address and try again.