Community Forum

Which models of Samsung S9+ are compatible with Xfinity Mobile?

Frequent Visitor

Which models of Samsung S9+ are compatible with Xfinity Mobile?

Does anyone know the URL which lists which model #s are compatible with Xfinity Mobile? 

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Model SM-0955U) from Xfinity Mobile less than 6 months ago for almost $800.  But when I went in to upgrade to the S9+, Xfinity Mobile offered less than $130 for the S8+ even though it's in perfect working condition.  Obviously, this is unacceptable.. 

That leaves purchasing models online for much less $$$s than what Xfinity Mobile offers.  Does anybody know where to locate the model #s of S9+s that are compatable with Xfinity Mobile?   Thanks.

Contributor

Re: Which models of Samsung S9+ are compatible with Xfinity Mobile?

Only ones purchased through XM are officially compatible. I'm in the same situation as you, going to wait until BYOD includes Android.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Which models of Samsung S9+ are compatible with Xfinity Mobile?

Thanks for the reply.  Planning on purchasing S9+ online instead of from XM Bcause drop in value too painful.  (My S8+ value @ XM dropped from $750 to $120 after only 6 mo's)

2 Followups:

1)  The model #s of 2 display S9+s @ local XM store are both model G965XU., which is a Verizon phone.  This makes sense because XM uses the Verizon network when not connecting to hotspots. 

2) After store visit, XM Chat : "we're working in the background to list which Android model#s will work on XM" but had no idea when will happen.