Community Forum

Where do I file a complaint? Xfinity Mobile Experience is a disaster.

New Poster

Where do I file a complaint? Xfinity Mobile Experience is a disaster.

Thinking changing Mobil’s phones to save money was a good idea. It wasn’t. I’ve spent a least 10 hours and I still don’t have service. 

1) I was told my iPhone 7 could transfer over from att - it cannot

2) I was told to go to any Comacast store to transfer over my existing phones, went to 2 stores, neither knew how to transfer over the phones, and told me we could not transfer over iPhone 8. That is not correct. 

3) The iPhone that I had to purchase was sent to the wrong address. I was told by Xfinity Mobile that I could change the address once the phone was en route with Fedex. That is not correct. Another 3 phone calls with no resolution. Now I have to travel 5 hours to get the phone otherwise it will be sent back - these phones are out of stock with xfinity and they don’t know when more are coming. No one at Xfinty Mobile  will contact Fedex to allow me to resend to corect address...and Fedex won’t allow anyone but me to sign. 

4) The agent ported over first line with the new phone (still don’t have the one sent to the wrong address) and that went well. She ported over the line that is to be connected with the new phone I don’t have yet. I was assured that I could still use the existing phone under Att until I activated my new phone when received. Wrong. My phone is dead. Another 3 phone calls to get my phone line back reinstated. 

4) Most the service calls to Xfinity Mobile were answered by people who cannot speak English well and have really no idea about how xfinty works...they’re just reading off a card. The calls were  a waste of time since I didn’t get the correct information and help. 

To say say that I am angry and frustrated would be an understatement. I never complain and can deal with a lot. But this is unacceptable. 

New Poster

Re: Where do I file a complaint? Xfinity Mobile Experience is a disaster.

Good luck filing a complaint, near as I can tell no one in the entire organization cares a wit about the customers.  Comcast never changes, except the name, pretty good products but such terrible customer services that all alternatives look great.

Frequent Visitor

If you find out where let me know..   So far my experience with Xfinity Mobile  --

Ordered online via the web.. -- Seeing I could buy by the GB, turn off Mobile Data, and thus pay for just the phone w/ Unlimited Text and Messaging. + Wifi for Smart Phone features.

1. It was shipped FedEx Signature Required - But I couldn't redirect the package to a secure location for pickup, (i.e. I FedEx Shipping office) - It was Xfinity that prevented me from redirecting the package.

A. - Meaning FedEx had to make one attempt, then I had to pick it up from their distribution site.

2. It took ~ 24hrs to transfer the #. - And I had to transfer the # to get the $200 credit.

3. When activated Voice mail was enabled, - but I didn't have a code to access it.

A. - online chat - on the issue was terrible.

B. no documentation like setting up VM, forwarding #s, etc came w/ the phone.

4. SMS Text messaging worked initially ---

A. As of this morning, I can't receive SMS messages, but I can send messages.

-- A day on the phone w/ L1 and L2 comcast - no help.

Contributor

Were your iPhones unlocked? Since ATT is GSM and Xfinity Mobile is CDMA, they're different technologies and not every phone is compatible to be transfered over (trust me, even unlocked phones are sometimes invompatible, I've been there) so it all depends on the phone.

Frequent Visitor

I see you have yet gotten anywhere same here months and months of issues billed me since October for service I didn’t have due to suspended account due to job loss I got to restore service since I’m back on my feet and they want 590.00 and can’t explain to me how or why then agree to do so for 390.00 which I don’t agree with but need phone service now so I did it and said I was good to go! Well 9 hours later and 697 short in my bank without my authorization and still no phone service and when you call them from a gas station cause now I can’t find my account online and my phone route me Verizon they still have not got a clue tell me I need new phone number etc but just 7am I had one and account
New Poster

I have been an Xfinity customer for 20 years. On December 31, I tried to enroll in Xfinity Mobile and purchase two iphones. After veryifying my identity at an Xfinity Store, I was asked to verify my identity again a couple of hours later by means of security questions provided by a creidt bureau. The credit bureaus would not verify my identity because I have had identity theft problems and thus have an extended fraud alert on my account. Xfinity Mobile would accept NO OTHER means of verifying my identity (for a second time mind you!). The problem was not that they needed me to verify my identity, it was that I must do it according to their preconceived method. There was not consideration of my 20 years of loyalty with never a late payment. No consideration of my unique circumstances. No willingness to even discuss the matter with anyone in authority. I have never been treated more rudely or less consideratley

@DuncanSylvia wrote:

Thinking changing Mobil’s phones to save money was a good idea. It wasn’t. I’ve spent a least 10 hours and I still don’t have service. 

1) I was told my iPhone 7 could transfer over from att - it cannot

2) I was told to go to any Comacast store to transfer over my existing phones, went to 2 stores, neither knew how to transfer over the phones, and told me we could not transfer over iPhone 8. That is not correct. 

3) The iPhone that I had to purchase was sent to the wrong address. I was told by Xfinity Mobile that I could change the address once the phone was en route with Fedex. That is not correct. Another 3 phone calls with no resolution. Now I have to travel 5 hours to get the phone otherwise it will be sent back - these phones are out of stock with xfinity and they don’t know when more are coming. No one at Xfinty Mobile  will contact Fedex to allow me to resend to corect address...and Fedex won’t allow anyone but me to sign. 

4) The agent ported over first line with the new phone (still don’t have the one sent to the wrong address) and that went well. She ported over the line that is to be connected with the new phone I don’t have yet. I was assured that I could still use the existing phone under Att until I activated my new phone when received. Wrong. My phone is dead. Another 3 phone calls to get my phone line back reinstated. 

4) Most the service calls to Xfinity Mobile were answered by people who cannot speak English well and have really no idea about how xfinty works...they’re just reading off a card. The calls were  a waste of time since I didn’t get the correct information and help. 

To say say that I am angry and frustrated would be an understatement. I never complain and can deal with a lot. But this is unacceptable. 

by any business. 

New Poster

I was connected to second tier customer support.  I was told there is no place to file a formal compliante.  However, the representative extended a verbal apology on behalf of the company.  I let him know, nothing personal but apology not accetped.

My service was interrupted because Xfinity could not track a phone that I returned.  They let me know that they could see the phone their warehouse but wanted me to provide the FedEx tracking number as proof that I had returned the phone. (What?!!)  I could not find the tracking number so I made two trips to the  the FedEx office where the return was processed.  They helped me find the tracking number.  This after spending 3 and a half hours on and off on  the phone with them.  I I called support back  twice  to give the tracking number and was put on hold for approxmately  twenty minutes each time.  I hung up and called back after each twenty minute wait.  Finaly after giving someone the tracking number, they asked me to hold.  I left on hold for anoher 15 min, this time when I hung up, I discovered that my phone serivice had been restored. 

I called back to request consideration/credit for the inconvenice and an apology, to then be told by the rep that the reason he sercvice had been disrupptted was because the returned phone was damaged and graded a C upon receipt at their warehouse.. I told the rep that was untrue, as the returned phone was new and in the orginal packaging to which his response was to conact FedEX to have them check cameras on the package from the dropoff point to their warehouse.  Futher Xfnity sent me an e-mail saying they had not received the phone, how do to grade somethhing you haven't received.  They indicated they had already given me considereation by not charging me for a damaged phone.  I sugguested they work with their contracted service provider (FedEx) to inquire why a brand new phone in the original packing would be damaged. 

I asked for a corporate address so that I could write a letter.  I also said I would contact NBC and ABC for assistance.  I was then given a $60 credit the my inconvience an approximately 5 hours of my time spent back and forth on the phone with them.  So frustrating.  Why does a company of this size waste their dolllars on  underhanded schemes and providing such terriable customer service.