Community Forum

When will Xfinity support Apple Watch?

New Poster

When will Xfinity support Apple Watch?

I recently switched to Xfinity mobile from AT&T, but now find that I cannot use my Apple Watch on cellular network.  When will Xfinity support Apple Watch? If they do not have a plan in place, I will likely leave Xfinity mobile and go back to ATT or Verizon. 

Regular Contributor

Re: When will Xfinity support Apple Watch?

It has been Xfinity Mobile's policy not to provide firm dates as to when unsupported features will become supported. Repeated requests don't seem to change this.

Is it possible that your Apple watch can use WiFi instead of LTE? If it can you could enable the WiFi Hotspot feature in your phone and connect that way?

New Poster

I certainly could do that, but the Apple Watch connects to the phone via bluetooth anyways.  The whole point of cellular data for the Apple Watch is to be able to use the watch when I don't have the iphone on me.  Doesn't xfinity use Verizon's network? Verizon users have this capability.  Like I said, I may need to leave Xfinity mobile if they don't get this function soon, which would be a shame as I've had a positive experience so far

Regular Contributor

Xfinity is a Verizon MVNO but that does not mean they have all the features available that Verizon customers have.