Community Forum

When will Xfinity support Apple Watch?

New Poster

When will Xfinity support Apple Watch?

I recently switched to Xfinity mobile from AT&T, but now find that I cannot use my Apple Watch on cellular network.  When will Xfinity support Apple Watch? If they do not have a plan in place, I will likely leave Xfinity mobile and go back to ATT or Verizon. 

Valued Contributor

Re: When will Xfinity support Apple Watch?

It has been Xfinity Mobile's policy not to provide firm dates as to when unsupported features will become supported. Repeated requests don't seem to change this.

Is it possible that your Apple watch can use WiFi instead of LTE? If it can you could enable the WiFi Hotspot feature in your phone and connect that way?

New Poster

I certainly could do that, but the Apple Watch connects to the phone via bluetooth anyways.  The whole point of cellular data for the Apple Watch is to be able to use the watch when I don't have the iphone on me.  Doesn't xfinity use Verizon's network? Verizon users have this capability.  Like I said, I may need to leave Xfinity mobile if they don't get this function soon, which would be a shame as I've had a positive experience so far

Valued Contributor

Xfinity is a Verizon MVNO but that does not mean they have all the features available that Verizon customers have.

New Poster

I am anxious for the apple watch and table support away from blue tooth and hotspots as well.  Is this even in the works?

New Poster

Via live text chat with an Xfinity agent a few days ago, cellular support for Apple Watch is coming "soon". However, according to the agent I was connected to, they are not provided specific dates, so he could not speak to how soon "soon" actually is.

I took this as the cellular support was definitely in the works and will to be available eventually, but not necessarily within the very near future. Possibly this year?

Hopefully they roll out the support before summer. I am also waiting for the cellular support in order to switch over to Xfinity Mobile. People close to me have had nothing but good things to say about it so far.

New Poster

As of May 6/2019 - Still no dice with Xfinity Mobile supporting the Cellular Apple 3 Watch.  But they will see you a phone and have "so many models at $100 off"..... Ugh! 

Official Employee

mtraininjax, sorry for this inconvenience. We do not support the Apple watch at this time (via cellular data) and we have not announced a launch for this service at this time. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!