Community Forum

When will WiFi calling on supported iCloud-connected devices be available?

Frequent Visitor

When will WiFi calling on supported iCloud-connected devices be available?

When will XFinity Mobile start supporting Wi-Fi Calling on supported iCloud-connected devices?
Valued Contributor

Re: When will WiFi calling on supported iCloud-connected devices be available?

@FedUp33 wrote:
When will XFinity Mobile start supporting Wi-Fi Calling on supported iCloud-connected devices?

I thought Wifi calling is already available on the iPhone devices!  It sure has a setting in my iPhone at least.

Frequent Visitor

Huh? Duh. That isn’t the question. I have WiFi calling on my iPhone. I’m asking if you can make WiFi calls on the other devices that are connected to the same iCloud account. If you read the entire thread you’ll understand that WiFi calling is one feature which is available on Xfinity mobile. Support for WiFi calling on iCloud connected devices is a totally separate thing. That is my question.
Frequent Visitor

The key point here is that Xfinity does support WiFi Calling, but not yet support WiFi Calling on iCloud-connected devices, Those are two different features. I am asking if it will support WiFi calling on iCloud connected devices in the future and when???
Valued Contributor

@FedUp33 wrote:
The key point here is that Xfinity does support WiFi Calling, but not yet support WiFi Calling on iCloud-connected devices, Those are two different features. I am asking if it will support WiFi calling on iCloud connected devices in the future and when???

Sorry about that.  Didnt know those are two different things.  Good to know!

New Poster

Might want to take a look at Mint Mobile, they support WiFi calling on iCloud connected devices and their lowest plan is $15 for 2GB of data. It is part of T-Mobile’s network so you will need a gsm iPhone.
New Poster

Disregard the previous post, I was wrong about Mint Mobile having this feature. MM and all other T Mobile MVNO’s claim to have this feature when in reality none of them do, whether this is due to ignorance or deceit is anybody’s guess.