Community Forum

When will Apple Watch 3 be coming to xmobile for cellular sharing with iPhone X

Frequent Visitor

When will Apple Watch 3 be coming to xmobile for cellular sharing with iPhone X

I was told this was coming when I sign up and purchased an iPhone X in order to start. / switch service from another carrier. I was again told this feature is coming from a contact with XM’s support yesterday (1212-2017). So, is the response here out of date or is the company not sure what to tell customers and their staff. I am headed this week to the Comcast Xfinity shop where I purchased and set up service for an explanation from my first XM source on this. 

I feel cheated and my pocketbook a bit violated having made decisio based on what XM Comcast staff has told me and then finding this service is not available and there is no plan for connection for my iWach 3 WiFi. Cellular. The latter feature cost some money and now is useless per this response from a Comcast employee - expert in this community forum. This may need an outcry from users and reporting to the appropriate agency. I am not happy about this. I do hope Comcast clears this up on the website and also will post a projected date for implementation. It is necessary to stay competitive. The major wireless services have included instruction for connect this watch to there sites. Does Comcast really want to be a major repackaged of cell service? 

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
Tags (2)
Official Employee

Re: When will Apple Watch 3 be coming to xmobile for cellular sharing with iPhone X

TigerWizard, there is no official launch date for tablet devices, including wearables, at this time. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: When will Apple Watch 3 be coming to xmobile for cellular sharing with iPhone X

ComcastKenF,

I don’t know just what you mean about posting my question and concern ‘publicly’. I posted to this forum as a subject matter place to pose my question. Maybe you can provide a link to something that will expand on this eater of posting publicly. 

The answer is unclear to me. Are you saying that will be a launch of this sharing with wearables but no date is known? That is different from the sept post saying Comcast was not going to suppport iWatch 3, etc. 

If this should go to some public place in these forums, please point the way. 

Thanks, TigerWizard

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
Official Employee

I posted an answer to the Apple Watch 3 here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/Will-the-apple-watch-3-be-coming-to-Xmobile/td-p/2967266

We will not be providing that watch but we will be bringing mobile broadband devices soon (tablets, iPads, etc). 

KenF

New Poster

ComcastKenF,

Many of us are aware of your other posting. And in that post you make it very clear the following.

1. XM will not support apple watch series 3 cellular version. 

2. XM customers will not be able to connect independantly to the network using the watch (apple watch series 3 LTE).

3. Apple Watch Series 3 LTE will not be available to purchase through XM

4. Apple Watch Series 3 LTE will not be available to purchase through other channels (We understand this to mean no Bring Your Own Devices.)

If I took this for what it says, I need to look at another mobile phone provider that aligns with my wants because apple watch series 3 LTE is not and WILL NOT BE,  available through XM.

I too have spoken with several XM reps "Official Comcast Employee's" via chat and phone, and have gotten conflicting/misleading/confusing answers. Which is why many of us are confused!

Should those of us interested in Apple Watch Series 3 LTE look to another Carrier? Or are your previous statements of "will not" more like  a "Possibly in the future, but not at this time?"

Thank you

Official Employee

TigerWizard, I cannot say whether or not this device will be made available in the future because that has not been announced. The information you posted above is where we stand at this time. 

Frequent Visitor

1. ComcastKenF wrote:

TigerWizard, did not apologize... Comcast was apologizing to me (TigerWizards).

i am again asking if there is any news. I just got my replacement iPad and saved my money by not bothering to get the cellular version of the device. However, I am askin for an official update in the issue / problem that your customers cannot shared the xFinity  mobile cellular service between the phone and their iWatch 3 with cellular built in. No SIMS needed. I would also think that there are some tablet users who may need cellular sharing on their account. A model, one of the four big wireless services has detailed instructions on their website for their customers to shared their cellular with iWatch 3. See Verizon, the other three major provided also provide for ‘sharing’ associated with the accounts phone number. If there’s a SIMs involved, it is virtual not a physical card.

Please escalate my inquiry and the background I’ve provided on the usefulness of wireless sharing with the iWatch 3. Essentially, this also is relevant to tablets devices with cellular.

Thank You, TigerWizard (Brenda)

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
New Poster

Without this service I too will never be switching to xfinity mobile. How can a company who pushes how advance they are not roll out this feature?

Official Employee

arlswifty, I understand your frustration. We have not announced any partnerships with Apple for weareables at this time. Please reach out again if you need further help.

New Poster

While I, too, would like the convenience of the Apple Watch; lack of that service will not prevent me from using Xmobile services. There is no comparison for the monthly charges of $12 per gig. And, since they use Verizon’s network the access is fantastic.
I have an ancient IPad—about 5 years old and it syncs up fine with my new iPhone 8 Plus. Wireless Is the real miracle here.
I don’t work for Xfinity; I am just a consumer. I have been for most of the technological age. I haven’t always been a fan; but they have come a long way. And to not use their cellular for a watch is pretty petulant.
Have fun paying your huge monthly bills elsewhere.
New Poster

While I, too, would like the convenience of the Apple Watch; lack of that service will not prevent me from using Xmobile services. There is no comparison for the monthly charges of $12 per gig. And, since they use Verizon’s network the access is fantastic.
I have an ancient IPad—about 5 years old and it syncs up fine with my new iPhone 8 Plus. Wireless Is the real miracle here.
I don’t work for Xfinity; I am just a consumer. I have been for most of the technological age. I haven’t always been a fan; but they have come a long way. And to not use their cellular for a watch is pretty petulant.
Have fun paying your huge monthly bills elsewhere.
Frequent Visitor

I have no plans to move my service from xFinity Mobile right now. I do expect that to become competitive, xFinity will add wearables  like those  with eSims, Apple Watch 3 as one example. The cellular feature in the watch can be a life saver in an emergency and just good old functional for folks who run and travel trails, exercise in gyms, etc. At my age, girls don't tell!, I need the added feature of making an emergency call or answer an urgent call coming in from my watch when my iPhone is not on me or within wifi range. If you have not expereinced the high cost of separate life line systems (costing $30 plus / month), coupled with buying an iWatch 3 with cellular on purpose and being told at the Comcast office when I setup my service for xFinity that my watch would be supported. I was even told to bring my watch into the office once my phone arrived and they would help me set both up.

About cost, if I buy a separate emerency alert service that total cost for it and the xFinity would put the monthly bill within a few dollars of one of the top three wireless serviers that include the iWatch 3 for on average $10/month.

I visted that office a few days ago to follow up / inform them that the feature is not available. I learned then that only one person of 4 or 5 in the office even knew there was a cellular feature in iWatch 03 that can share / shares the cellular number. Lack of knowledge of technology at comcast's front door may lead us down the rabbit hole. It turned out that one of them has an iWatch 2 and thought her wifi connection and bluetooth connection with the phone was the end all on connectivity for the iWatch.

I am a techy too. an old one who stays abreast of features and services. First xFinity only handled service on phones they sold. Now that is open to bring your own iPhone. Samsung is likely next. somewhere down the line they should get to cellular in iPads and tablets, an cellular sharing in wearables (iWatch 3 as the prime item at this writing.)

I will not stop asking and seeking answered up the line. The folks who say wass can't. are quickly learning that xFinity will in time catch up if it is compete with the top wireless seriver providers who all can handle all our cellular featured devices that have modems that can run on their networks. 

I will be asking someone with a far reaching access into the hghest corporate level in Comcast / xFinity to look into this with my patients is up date of July 1. 2018.

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
Frequent Visitor

Again, I ask this question and look for a response from the tech staff at xMobile.

it been a few months and I am hoping that you have some news for the iWatch 3with  cellular users as well as other devices like the iPad with cellular. For the iWatch3 we need cellular sharing added  for my watch to provide me the feature I do so need. This is not a cute, how nice feature but one that provides a safety feature for those who run, seniors and persons with disabilities, the accident prone of all ages and one WH gets separated from their phone the ability to call from help and send and receive important messages.

as I think about this issue, I now. Wonder why Apple would allow the xMobile wireless service to connect to Apple iPhones and thereby to the Apple platform without concurrently offering cellular services for the other Apple family devices. I guess I should also ask Apple about the lack of wisdom here.

XMobile was pre-mature in introducing cellular service and the tech support nor the store front staff we prepared for it. The onion peeling steps in rolling out features graduallly for other devices and eSIM / cellular sharing does whatonion peeling does to the cook. They cry through the layers until the onion is ready to go into the yummy pot.

I hope  xMobile is catching up on devices and features users want and need.

Thanks, TigerWizard

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
Frequent Visitor

JUST UPDATED ON March 12th 2018 "We do not offer tablets at this time, but stay tuned. Tablets for Xfinity Mobile will be available soon."

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/221762067/does-xfinity-mobile-offer-tablets

Official Employee

TigerWizard, 

Xfinity Mobile will not support the Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular version, and you will not be able to connect independently to the network using the watch. However, you can still utilize the Apple Watch Series 3 GPS-only version with your Xfinity Mobile-issued iPhone.

Frequent Visitor

Well, first Xfiinity Mobile would not allow you to bring your own phone Then it did.

Next,  xFinity would not support wearables (iWatch 3 with GPS/Cellular) and tablets. Now, it seems the word is out (March 31, 2018) that Tablets are coming to xFinity soon.

So, I ask respectfully, can the Comcast Expert say that xFinity will not, ever in the the life span of the IWatch 3... not NEVER, EVER support the iWatch 3 ...with Cellular?

I will not stop monitoring this issue.

TigerWizard

BWWIGG - TigerWizard
Official Employee

TigerWizard, 

At this time we do not support the Apple watch 3. I do not have details on when and if that will happen. 

KenF