Community Forum

When traveling abroad, do incoming calls have a cost?

New Poster

When traveling abroad, do incoming calls have a cost?

When traveling abroad, if I receive calls from someone in the US do the service rates indicated while visiting (Mexico) for example, apply? Or those rates apply only when I make the call and I’m not on WiFi? 

I read somewhere in this forum, that calls and text messages originated from my phone while abroad and while being on WiFi are free. Is that a true statement?

Contributor

Re: When traveling abroad, do incoming calls have a cost?

My advice to you is to call and ask XFINITY Mobile

"International support number at (720) 728-5462.  Standard roaming charges will apply for international calls to this number"

Contributor

I was recently in Europe.. When we landed and I turned my phone back on, I got a message telling me how much calls and text would cost. I received two short calls while I was there and was charged .10 for each..  Both calls originated in Europe, not sure if that made a difference or not..  I also sent a few texts and was not charged for them.. 

Official Employee

Traveller1, correction, calls while using WiFi calling, are done at no cost abroad. If you're using an android device while wiFi is on and you place a call, this isn't wiFi calling--android devices do not have this feature yet at XFINITY Mobile. 

Contributor

correct, unless you have a google voice number and the GV (or hangouts) app loaded.. If you have that wifi calling works great on android..