Community Forum

What happen to Xfinity mobile account if Xfinity internet account number change?

Frequent Visitor

What happen to Xfinity mobile account if Xfinity internet account number change?

I have Xfinity mobile and internet account on my wife name. I am planning to close her Xfinifty internet account and open a new Xfinity internet account under my name.

What happen to Xfinity mobile account? Can it be linked to the new Xfinity internet account? or it need a transfer of lines from old Xfinity mobile to the new Xfinity mobile on my name?

Official Employee

Re: What happen to Xfinity mobile account if Xfinity internet account number change?

pshilpa_2017, At this time, we do not support transferring a line to another XFINITY Mobile account. If the original account is closed, your XFINITY Mobile phone lines will incur a $10/line fee listed as a "line access fee'. 

I recommend doing a change of responsibility for your wife's residential account into your name instead of cancelling the account. That way the account doesn't cancel and you can keep your XFINITY Mobile service as is. 

KenF

New Poster

Re: What happen to Xfinity mobile account if Xfinity internet account number change?

After incurring a line access fee because I dropped my Xfinity internet plan, would I be able to re-add the phone lines to a new xfinity account? 

If I port my number out to another carrier because I'm cancelling my xfinity service, is there any prohibition on coming back to Xfinity Mobile on a different internet account with the same phone and phone number?