Community Forum

Voicemail not working on iPhone 11 with iOS 14.4

helium2013
Frequent Visitor

Voicemail not working on iPhone 11 with iOS 14.4

My mother, who is 81 years old, switched from Verizon wireless to Xfinity Mobile this weekend 02/06/2021. We thought everything on the service was working until I tried to show her how to use voicemail. She switched from an old 2012/2013 Motorola Droid to a new iPhone 11. Her voicemail on her iPhone is not working properly. The only thing on her voicemail screen is a call voicemail  button.

Any time someone leaves her a voicemail she is getting a text message that says "//VZWVVM:SYNC:EV=NM;id=79;c=1;t=v;s=18002662278;dt=07/02/2021 12:49 -0600;l=13;dev_5=5" or something similar to this. It is not always the same message but they all begin with "//VZWVVM:SYNC".

I do not think her voicemail is set up properly on Xfinity Mobile. Can her voicemail be reset so her voicemail will work properly on her iPhone 11?

We called and spoke with someone who was supposidly in Tier 2 yesterday but did not get the issue resolved. I have reached out to @ComcastChrisL but I am not sure if they are still on this forum.

DaveO3
Problem Solver

Re: Voicemail not working on iPhone 11 with iOS 14.4

Try again. Ask for tier 2 voicemail support. Explain that you switched from Android to Apple iOS and that the backend settings need to be changed to Apple voicemail. 

helium2013
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I called Tier 2 and they were able to fix the voicemail.

ComcastAmir
Official Employee

We're happy to help 🙂 Feel free to reach back out if you need anything else 🙂 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
petemx1
New Poster

My voicemail suddenly stopped working. I cannot get it to work

petemx1
New Poster

How do I reach Tier 2?