Community Forum

VoLTE not working on replacement device

Frequent Visitor

VoLTE not working on replacement device

This is pretty unacceptable. 

My phone worked perfectly fine before. I've spoken with tech support ("support") and the guy told me that Tier 2 would need to contact me. From these forums, Tier 2 is something of a myth. 

I have a Galaxy S8+ from Xfinity. VoLTE worked PERFECTLY FINE. I got a replacement device through insurance after my screen was cracked, and now the new phone has no VoLTE, despite being advertised on the website as such:

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/223323028/what-is-voice-over-lte-volte

Attached a screenshot for posterity....

Anyway, what I want to know is how to get it fixed. The phone is a lot less useful without that option, and if it's supported, as advertised, I would like it to work. No one seems to know what to do about it.

My case number/ticket number is 10718409

Thanks.

xfinityvolte.png
New Poster

Re: VoLTE not working on replacement device

Phones must be purchased from xfinity.  Was the replacement from xfinity or were they notified?  If not. I think Verizon scans the networks and will disable. If not a match from the xfinity inventory.

i could be wrong, but that's my understanding.

Frequent Visitor

Replacement was from Samsung Premium Care. The IMEI on the phone shows in my account when I log in, but that's about all I know. 

Contributor

If it isn't directly from Xfinity Mobile, then VoLTE will eventually be disabled, and XM customer service will not be able to reactivate it.  It is essentially a BYOD device now.  You will not be able to get VoLTE re-enabled untill XM rolls out the BYOD program.

Frequent Visitor

That's garbage. It's an Xfinity Mobile phone. 

They need to get their stuff together. Wonder if they can send me a phone from their inventory then. 

Contributor

So just to make sure I understand it is definately an Xfinity Mobile device, supplied to you from Samsung Premium Care?  It says "Xfinity Mobile" on the box label, and on your lock screen?

Frequent Visitor

It even caCorrect on both counts. It even came with an Xfinity Mobile SIM card. 

Official Employee

Hello stingroo, if Samsung supplied the phone then it is more than likely not Comcast branded equipment. I can look into this for you on my end, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, phone number, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Frequent Visitor

Yes, it is Comcast-branded equipment.

And no, it still doesn't work. I have a support ticket number 11203175 and they still haven't contacted me regarding that, either. 

Frequent Visitor

Still no resolution. They were going to send me a SIM Card that I never received.

Buyer beware I guess. If it's too good to be true, it usually is.