Community Forum

Very simple question

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Very simple question

Just a very simple question:  will xfinity mobile support my Apple iPad Air 2?  I'm ready to switch my phone over from Verizon, but will not unless my iPad can be switched over, too.  I don't want to go into one of the xfinity stores, ready to switch, and have someone tell me that the iPad is not supported.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Very simple question

Hello aguadulce,

Thank you for reaching out. As of now, we do not support BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Apple iPads of any kind. We have been able to institute BYOD programs for iPhones, and Apple Watches, and potentially, soon, we will have a BYOD program for iPads as well. Unfortunately and currently, we do not have any official news to report in regard to this.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

You need to inform your online support personnel then - one of them told me that iPads are supported and that I could order a SIM card for it at that moment. Who am I going to believe?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi aguadulce,

I can confirm that currently we do not support BYOD for iPads and our policy clearly states the following:

Can I switch my iPad to Xfinity Mobile through the BYOD program? Our BYOD program does not support tablets at this time, but we are always looking to expand offerings.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!