Community Forum

VOICEMAIL DOESN'T WORK

New Poster

VOICEMAIL DOESN'T WORK

I have chatted with xfinity customer support and wasn't able to help. I went to the xfinity store about my voicemail not working on my iPhone XR. Xfinity salesperson changed the SIMS card and reset network. Cellular data is turned on, and I have also reset phone. Still no voicemail. Also, my personal hotspot wasn't working either, and come to find out at the store it was disabled. Is it possible that my voicemail is disabled? Are there any other tricks that could help? Thanks! 

New Poster

Re: VOICEMAIL DOESN'T WORK

What happens when you manually try to reach voicemail? I believe it is *86... 

My voicemail box went completely away about a month ago. I finally got on with a support person after doing the same steps as you did... they basically had to re-activate my voicemail. Apparently, they made a system change that wiped out my voicemail box. It seemed as though they had to re-create the mailbox.

New Poster

I've tried the *86 and it says that I'm not authroized...... I even tried it after the new SIM card at the Xfinity store and I got the same recording.

Official Employee

behilton, thanks for posting about your voicemail issues. I recommend you call XFINITY Mobile support and ask them to reprovision your voicemail box. This will reset all of your voicemail settings on the back end and allow you to set up your voicemail as if you have a brand new line of service. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

behilton, good morning! Were you able to get in contact with XFINITY Mobile support?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!