Community Forum

Upgrading to new phones - best approach?

Frequent Visitor

Upgrading to new phones - best approach?

To set the scene - I've had an overall great experience with Xfinity Mobile. Been with them since pretty early on (over 2 years now) and never had an issue. Granted I've never really needed them beyond the very initial setup/porting numbers.... but so far so good.

My 4 phones are now paid off and I'm looking to upgrade to new models. I don't want to break my streak of consistent, hassle free service, so I'm looking for advice.

1) Is it best to do this via online order, or should I go into a local store? I've never had to visit the store and would prefer to keep it that way, but I will if I need to.

2) If I do it online, are there any tips or tricks I should know in order to make the process as smooth as possible? Seems pretty straight forward but you never know.

3) Are there any special offers that I might qualify for? I see the current "$250 off any Samsung" promo but that seems to apply only when porting in a number from another provider. Maybe I'm wrong.... but it doesn't look like many of these promos apply for existing users. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Frequent Visitor

Re: Upgrading to new phones - best approach?

Forgot to mention, I will probably sell my existing phones on Swappa, which usually gets more than the "trade in" options by the providers. At least that's been my experience in the past but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I notice that trade ins must be done at a physical store anyway, no online option for Xfinity mobile.