Community Forum

Upgrading my phone after a year.

Regular Visitor

Upgrading my phone after a year.

Ok I have had my phone for a year now and I only have 11 payments left to make so I'm eligible. I read another post about this and the answer stated that to upgrade I wound need to "purchase a new XFINITY Mobile phone with a line of service, and turn in their old device in good working condition" and I guess I'm confused on what is meant by purchasing a new phones with a line of service. Like another phone number? Then I have 2 phone lines? That seems a little silly.

Any help clearing this up would be greatly appreciated!!

Lacey
Tags (1)
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Upgrading my phone after a year.

@L2thaJ wrote:
Ok I have had my phone for a year now and I only have 11 payments left to make so I'm eligible. I read another post about this and the answer stated that to upgrade I wound need to "purchase a new XFINITY Mobile phone with a line of service, and turn in their old device in good working condition" and I guess I'm confused on what is meant by purchasing a new phones with a line of service. Like another phone number? Then I have 2 phone lines? That seems a little silly.

Any help clearing this up would be greatly appreciated!!

Lacey

Here's the instruction: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/360000818143/how-do-i-upgrade-or-replace-my-device

You purchase a new device, not a new number

Official Employee

Re: Upgrading my phone after a year.

L2thaJ, customer have the ability to upgrade their device on the same line and keep both phones. 

We just began the upgrade program where you can upgrade your device, return the old device (the remaining device balance is wiped away) and you  can begin again with a new device (assuming the device being upgraded is in good condition). If you're referring to this type of upgrade, that is only done in stores at this time. 

More info: 

Xfinity Mobile customers who purchase a phone on a Device Payment Plan (DPP) may be eligible to upgrade their phone once the requirements below are met.

To qualify for a device upgrade, you must:

• Have paid off at least 50% of your DPP.
  • Be in good standing with your Xfinity Mobile services.
  • Pay any applicable upgrade fees.
  • Purchase a new Xfinity Mobile device for the line of service, and return your original device in good, working condition. Upon verification of device condition, Xfinity Mobile will waive the remaining DPP balance.

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!