Community Forum

Upgrading after a year STRESS

Frequent Visitor

Upgrading after a year STRESS

I have been trying to upgrade my phone for the past two months. The protection plan says it is going to be easy...it isn't. Half of the payments of current device are paid, I am on auto-pay for Xfinity mobile and have not missed a payment, I have Xfinity internet services and have just missed one payment due to the bill not showing up in my email. I went into the store and paid it. Xfinity mobile is now saying I either have to buy the new device in full or wait another three months to upgrade [Due to that one missed payment]. There seems to be a bigger issue here though. I love my service with Xfinity mobile, but this has been stressful trying to upgrade my phone. I understand it isn't quite no fee...as always with even every other company - pay taxes on the new phone and the devices first payment. Anyways, situation definitley not resolved.

I do have to say Chrystal was amazing. She took her time and did her best to resolve the issue. I did not cancel my service because of the way she handled my situation and also her being so understanding. Xfinity has a diamond in her. The manager also gave me credit, which was nice but not necessary.

Lorin
Official Employee

Re: Upgrading after a year STRESS

Loringharris21, thanks for taking the time to post about your experience. From what you've written here, it sounds as though you should be set to participate in the early upgrade program. There is a stipulation that the XFINITY services must be in good standing so that may affect it. I've seen your private message so I'll follow up with you there. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I am now waiting for a resolution to this issue that many appear to be having. Ken has been very kind, but as this has been going on for months now for a simple device upgrade - I do not only desire a resolution for myself, but for everyone that pays their bills on time with Xfinity Mobile and is also a part of the protection plan.
Screenshot_20190423-114406_Samsung Internet.jpg
Frequent Visitor

The asterisk is for an if. That is for those of us that have been a Xfinity customer that is on a device payment plan. Obviously if we were not paying our bill, we would not still be Xfinity Mobile customers. That has nothing to do with the asterisk. Actually if anything, this should be edited to exchanging the phone that is in good working condition and have made half the payments. As it is written, it does not say anything about exchanging. I assume this is somewhere else written, but even though as consumers we should and do imply this...this asterisk should include more or an upgrade would not be this difficult. I am looking forward to Xfinity's response.
Screenshot_20190426-000138_Samsung Internet.jpg
Frequent Visitor

Awaiting resolution for two days. Response has been quick, but no resolution.
Contributor

I have no resolution on my early upgrade issue, and it's been 4 weeks today.  Good luck! 

Frequent Visitor

This is not something that should take this long to resolve.
Contributor

@Loringharris21  I spoke with a rep named Hailie from Tier 2 Advanced on 4/25/19 - she told me that my case was assigned to Tier 3 on 4/19 and then escalated on 4/22.  They have "identified the issue, but have no estimated completion time".  So basically they found the problem in their system, but they don't know how to fix it which doesn't really give me back any confidence I'd already lost in the company. I hope your issue is resolved quicker than mine, because this sort of thing should not take a month to fix.  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you! This does help at least knowing that they have made me feel like a complete fool on calls and also in store. I'll let you know if I hear anything.
Frequent Visitor

Solved Smiley Happy Will see you all again in another year and hopefully not run into this same issue! I went to the store and ensured Crystal was the one to help finish this off for me. Huge kudos to her and all those involved in resolving this issue.
Official Employee

Solved Smiley Happy Will see you all again in another year and hopefully not run into this same issue! I went to the store and ensured Crystal was the one to help finish this off for me. Huge kudos to her and all those involved in resolving this issue.

Loringharris21 Glad to hear it! I just sent you a PM that I checked your account and saw the ticket for the issue was resolved. Glad you were able to get your new device. Post again if you need anything. 

Cheers, 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!