Community Forum

Unopened phone returned and charged $318 for damages.

New Poster

Unopened phone returned and charged $318 for damages.

I ordered a phone for my son which I was expecting on 14th Sep 17. As i was told there will be a delay I was suggested by the customer service team to purchased the same In the xfinity store. I called the customer service and told them not to send the other phone. However I received the phone in Sep 15, 17. I called the team again and they asked me to open the box and return the same with the return slip inside the box( the phone was unopened)
I returned the same through FedEx on Sep 16th, 17. And received a confirmation mail on Sep 22, 17 about the receipt of the same.
On Oct 18, 17 (almost a month). I received a mail letting me know that there were cosmetic or water damages on the phone and was charged $318.00.
After many hours of calls to the customer service team there is no progress.
This is seems to be a major scam and as I cannot prove that the phone left me unopened you are taking advantage of this.
I am mailed the team and I get a pic of a phone with some scratches and it may not be even my phone that I returned.
I would like to take this up as a complaint with FCC if I don't get the proper response.
Regular Contributor

Re: Unopened phone returned and charged $318 for damages.

chandukc  did you end up takeing  any  photos of the phone or video  be for you end up  returning  it ?  that all ways  a good thing   

when i  return  my samsung S8 too them    i made sure  i took photos of every thing be for i sent it  off 

Contributor

Did you insure the phone prior to the return process?

Official Employee

Chandukc, I can take a look at the charge for the unopened device. Please send me a private message with the following: 

1. Your full name

2. Your phone number associated with your residential services 

3. Your address

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!