Community Forum

Unlocked Sim Question....

Regular Visitor

Unlocked Sim Question....

I cant figure out if this will work. Im tech savvy but when it comes to phones im still learning. My question is this. I live in an area where let coverage is fine for home but my work has me travel and there are large portions on the map where I have no coverage with Xfinity. When I had ATT I had coverage in these places. Is it possible to unlock the phone in any way to be able to use ATT coverage with my GalaxyS8+? I would hate to have to cancel the service so im looking for an alternate way to solve the problem. Thanks in advance for any help!! Smiley Happy

Official Employee

Re: Unlocked Sim Question....

Jdbowers866, you can unlock your device at any time. As long as you aren't in the middle of a return and you do not have an unpaid balance, I can take care of that for you. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number and address for help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Problem Solver

Re: Unlocked Sim Question....

Also, be aware that after unlocking the phone, then you'd need to get a prepaid SIM card on AT&T. When you use that you'll have a different phone number.

I don't know much about the S8+. I understand it has dual SIM capability, but I'm not sure if that applies to all phones. Without dual SIM, you'd have to keep changing out the SIM card to switch networks, which would be a real pain.

Just curious, where do you travel that you have large areas with AT&T but no Verizon/Xfinity coverage?