Community Forum

Unlocked Android Phone

Valued Contributor

Unlocked Android Phone

Has anyone had any success using an unlocked Android phone just by replacing the SIM card?

I own an S9+ on the Comcast network but am thinking I could get the S10+  activated for my line of service and gift the S9+ to a family member who has a cheaper Comcast phone so they would just put their SIM card in the S9+, would it work?  Not looking for the official Comcast "only iPhone is eligible for BYOD", just wondering if anyone has done anything like this and if the device will function.

Regular Contributor

Re: Unlocked Android Phone

I sent my s8 into Samsung for warranty. While it was gone i used the Sim in my note 3 and my cheapo ZTE from straight talk both where unlocked. And both where verizon
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello jwmccnn, thank you for creating a post on our forum. Yes, if you place an active SIM card in the phone it should work. But some functionality and features may not work properly which is why we don't recommend you do this until the Android BYOD program has been launched. Feel free to reach back out to me here or via private message if you have any further questions. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi jwmccnn, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!