Community Forum

Unlock my devices

New Poster

Unlock my devices

I made the full payment of two iPhones X in November 2018 and in December 3 I sent an email to xfinitymobile_unlocks@comcast.com requesting the total unlock of the device, and the attendant who made the unlock request for me informed me that they would return the email with the codes to complete the unlock of the devices after 48 hours! Today after several calls and attempts to solve my problem I still have not received any response or email with the codes! I can not understand it since I paid the full value of the devices so they are mine and I can use them in any company and country that I wish! But I can not because Xfinity makes no effort to help me. What do I need to do to get help and have my problem solved?
I’m waiting
Luciano Coelho
Contributor

Re: Unlock my devices

Depending on how your billing cycle falls, you may not have compleeted the requirements for the unlocks quite yet since you have to complete and pay for one billing cycle after purchase of the iPhones.

• You must have completed and paid for at least one full billing cycle of Xfinity Mobile service following the purchase of the device.

Also, there are no unlock codes for iPhones.  Once the unlock is granted their IMEI numbers are whitelisted on the Apple unlock server.  

I completed one recently within about 10 minutes on xfinity Mobile Chat but made sure I had compleeted all of the requirements before initiating the chat.  

Valued Contributor

Duplicate post deleted.

Valued Contributor

Duplicate post deleted.

New Poster

I did not understand! I paid the total price of the device and they sent me an email asking for the IMEI numbers and some other information, I conclude everything they asked me and said in all the calls I made to the call center that would send me unlock codes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@LucianoCoelho wrote:
I did not understand! I paid the total price of the device and they sent me an email asking for the IMEI numbers and some other information, I conclude everything they asked me and said in all the calls I made to the call center that would send me unlock codes

The problem with people telling you they will send iPhone unlock codes is that they do not know what they are talking about.

Contributor

If I were you, I would log into your xfinitymobile account page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and use the Chat icon and start the process over again.  Once the unlock is complete (within a few minutes on Chat for me), you should receive a confirmation email.