Community Forum

Unlock Policy

New Poster

Unlock Policy

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S9 from Xfinity mobile, I paid the device in full actually so it's not on an installement plan. I have tried to have my phone unlock but the agent I chatted with told me that the device should be active for 50 days. I don't understand where the 50 days are coming from on the unlock policy she sent me it says " device paid in full are eligible to be unlocked upon request"

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Unlock Policy

@rolandfotso wrote:

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S9 from Xfinity mobile, I paid the device in full actually so it's not on an installement plan. I have tried to have my phone unlock but the agent I chatted with told me that the device should be active for 50 days. I don't understand where the 50 days are coming from on the unlock policy she sent me it says " device paid in full are eligible to be unlocked upon request"

Not sure where they got 50 days from, but the unlock eligibility includes paying for 1 month of xfm service.

Criteria for unlocking your phone

Make sure the following things are true:

• The phone must be an Xfinity Mobile device.
  • The phone must not be reported lost, stolen, or involved with fraudulent activity.
  • The phone must be paid in full prior to requesting the device unlock. If your device is on a Device Payment Plan, it is ineligible for unlocking.
  • The phone cannot be active on another Xfinity Mobile customer’s account.
  • You must have paid for at least one month of Xfinity Mobile service. 
  • Your Xfinity Mobile account must be in good standing. One exception is if you are an active member of the military—all active-duty military personnel are eligible to have their phones unlocked. 

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/115004305128/am-i-eligible-to-unlock-my-phone

New Poster

Thank you for your response. I've paid 30 days of service when I placed the phone's order and the device has been paid in full as well. I contacted customer service this time instead of chatting I've still been told that the device should be active for fifty days which it's not stated anywhere in the unlock policy link I received either from the chat's agent or from you. That is so ridiculous you paid for a device in full and cannot have it unlocked eventhough in their policy it's stated that "Devices paid in full (either one-time payment or completion of DPP payments) are eligible to be unlocked upon request" So my concern is why they offer the option to pay the device in full then. I am supposed to travel outside of the US in 2 weeks and was expecting to be able to use my phone while abroad using a foreign sim

Regular Contributor

I ran into the same problem . My 30 days of service ended on 6 march But they don't charge your card for another 20 days. That makes it 50 days with no way of paying early. On the March 27 they unlocked my I phone SE without a problem. To say XM is quirky may be an understatement.

Official Employee

rolandfotso, I haven't heard of the 50 day rule, but the new device must be active on your account for 1 billing cycle before the unlock request can be submitted and approved. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

If you are trying to get your phone unlocked, the first cycle is the start date plus 20 days until your card is charged. No matter what school you went to or your math skills, that adds up to 50 days. After that, card hit to card hit is indeed 30 days.

New Poster

is that stated anywhere in the contract you sign with Xfinity?

Regular Contributor

I don't know, I never signed a contract.

Official Employee

Hi davdri, I responded to your PM. Please reach back out to me there and we can get your concerns addressed. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!